Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Mac Pro and Screen resolution issues

Mac Pro and Screen resolution issues
T Reisig
Apr 9, 2007, 01:06 PM

I just purchased a Mac Pro (2.6Ghz). When I connect my 17in. Viewsonic LCD monitors (2) I'm given 1280X960 as the minimum screen resolution. If I boot the Mac without the monitors connected, then connect, I get normal resolutions offered. What would cause this limited resulution selection? This monitor/cable combination worked fine on my G4 previously.

Thanks

Tim

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Apr 9, 2007, 01:11 PM

If it's VGA connection type, it may be an issue with the adapter you're using.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

T Reisig  (op)
Apr 9, 2007, 01:18 PM

One monitor is connected with the included ADC to VGA, the other is using the ADC to VGA that was working on my old G4. I've actually had a couple of reboots where the monitors didn't even come up. The computer seemed to boot, but the monitors had no signal.

Tim

drpepper
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 9, 2007, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by T Reisig View Post
One monitor is connected with the included ADC to VGA, the other is using the ADC to VGA that was working on my old G4. I've actually had a couple of reboots where the monitors didn't even come up. The computer seemed to boot, but the monitors had no signal.

Tim
Which display adapter do you have?

I have the 7300 GT and recently got two 22" BenQ monitors and have been having a problem at boot or waking from sleep where they cycle repeatedly from display to no signal. If I push the input selection button on the first monitor a few times, telling it that it's DVI, it settles in. If I don't do that it will apparently cycle indefinitely.

Do you get any of that cycling?

I've been looking for other posts, but don't know exactly what to search for.

T Reisig  (op)
Apr 9, 2007, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by drpepper View Post
Which display adapter do you have?

I have the 7300 GT and recently got two 22" BenQ monitors and have been having a problem at boot or waking from sleep where they cycle repeatedly from display to no signal. If I push the input selection button on the first monitor a few times, telling it that it's DVI, it settles in. If I don't do that it will apparently cycle indefinitely.

Do you get any of that cycling?

I've been looking for other posts, but don't know exactly what to search for.
I've got the adaptor that came with the computer (Apple white).
I'm not getting the cycling. I either get the limited resolutions, or no monitor at all.

Forum Links
Forum Rules