Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 15" Albook whines??

15" Albook whines??
RGray02
Oct 26, 2003, 09:16 PM

Well, I think that this issue has been discussed, but I cannot seem to find the thread.

After owning my powerbook for two weeks, Im getting this so-called whine that Ive read about somewhere before. It whines, sort of like a high pitched harddrive whine, but only when Im not scrolling, its a little weird.

Either way, its annoying, anyone know what is causing this? I cannot set my processor to reduced usage, after all, i bought it because I need its power.

Anyone else with this problem?
http://www.****microsoft.com - "Free your mind, and your OS will follow"

Oneota
Professional Poster
Oct 26, 2003, 10:57 PM

It's just the graphics chip. Nothing to worry about.
"Yields a falsehood when preceded by its quotation" yields a falsehood when preceded by its quotation.

forcelite
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 27, 2003, 02:59 AM

Ya its annoying at first but you get used to it. Does seem to go on when there is alot of graphics going on
Force

RGray02  (op)
Oct 27, 2003, 12:47 PM

oh bloody hell.

Maybe someone will post a fan replacement scheme for the graphics chip, I dont understand, it was silent when for two weeks. Is this due to warping? I havent shut down or put the machine to sleep since I got it.

I was planning on getting in there are and changing the harddrive at some point, maybe the fan could be changed too.
http://www.****microsoft.com - "Free your mind, and your OS will follow"

Forum Links
Forum Rules