Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > OS 9 Sound problems

OS 9 Sound problems
Dr Evil
Forum Regular
Oct 1, 1999, 02:52 PM

I haven't been running f6 long enough to try it, but in f4 and down my sound would go mute after a period of inactivity. By logging out and back in again, I solved the problem. I am running a rev 2 Blue G3. Anyone else have this problem?
Quicksilver G4 867mhz 384mb/60gig
iBook 300 320mb/20gig
Athlon Xp 1700+(1.47GHz) 512mb ddr/26gig, GeForce 4 TI 4200/128mb
http://mayodreams.dyndns.org

NeonBoy
Oct 3, 1999, 05:48 AM

Try trashing Sound Manager Extension if you have it in the Extension folder. After MacOS 8.5 to MacOS 9, it does not need Sound Manager anymore. Throwing it away may help.

abrody
Oct 11, 1999, 04:45 PM

Careful about the Sound Manager. As I found in MacOS 8.6, disabling the sound manager would create a situation where if you pressed the mute button on a Wall Street Powerbook, you wouldn't get sound again on Quicktime Movies until after you rebooted the Mac several times. Also it would make it so that only the first movie openned by Quicktime would get sound. If you have a Tech Info Library article stating you don't need the Sound Manager anymore, please e-mail me its address.
Thank you.
Sincerely,
[email protected]
Check out my index of over 300 Macintosh sites, with links updated monthly at:
http://www.index-site.com

Forum Links
Forum Rules