Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > The Russian Connection

The Russian Connection (Page 6)
Thread Tools
The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 15, 2017, 06:18 PM
 
A play in 3 Acts.



BREAKING: Trump lawyer: Tax returns from past 10 years show no "income of any type from Russian sources," with few exceptions.

Morgan Lewis, a law firm representing President-elect Donald Trump, was named the "Russia Law Firm of the Year" last year by a group that ranks legal organizations.
     
The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 17, 2017, 09:10 PM
 
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...8c_story.html?
House majority leader to colleagues in 2016: ‘I think Putin pays’ Trump

A month before Donald Trump clinched the Republican nomination, one of his closest allies in Congress — House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy — made a politically explosive assertion in a private conversation on Capitol Hill with his fellow GOP leaders: that Trump could be the beneficiary of payments from Russian President Vladimir Putin.

“There’s two people I think Putin pays: Rohrabacher and Trump,” McCarthy (R-Calif.) said, according to a recording of the June 15, 2016, exchange, which was listened to and verified by The Washington Post. Rep. Dana Rohrabacher is a Californian Republican known in Congress as a fervent defender of Putin and Russia.

House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.) immediately interjected, stopping the conversation from further exploring McCarthy’s assertion, and swore the Republicans present to secrecy.
Some of the lawmakers laughed at McCarthy’s comment. Then McCarthy quickly added: “Swear to God.”

Ryan instructed his Republican lieutenants to keep the conversation private, saying: “No leaks. . . . This is how we know we’re a real family here.”

The remarks remained secret for nearly a year.
Jesus Christ, Paul.

When initially asked to comment on the exchange, Brendan Buck, a spokesman for Ryan, said: “That never happened,” and Matt Sparks, a spokesman for McCarthy, said: “The idea that McCarthy would assert this is absurd and false.”

After being told that The Post would cite a recording of the exchange, Buck, speaking for the GOP House leadership, said: “This entire year-old exchange was clearly an attempt at humor. No one believed the majority leader was seriously asserting that Donald Trump or any of our members were being paid by the Russians. What’s more, the speaker and leadership team have repeatedly spoken out against Russia’s interference in our election, and the House continues to investigate that activity.”

“This was a failed attempt at humor,” Sparks said.
That’s when McCarthy brought the conversation about Russian meddling around to the DNC hack, Trump and Rohrabacher.

“I’ll guarantee you that’s what it is. . . . The Russians hacked the DNC and got the opp [opposition] research that they had on Trump,” McCarthy said with a laugh.

Ryan asked who the Russians “delivered” the opposition research to.

“There’s . . . there’s two people I think Putin pays: Rohrabacher and Trump,” McCarthy said, drawing some laughter. “Swear to God,” McCarthy added.
Does this mean Trump was paid by Putin? No. This merely shows that one person atop GOP leadership saw his pro-putin stance as so fervent he thought the man was being compensated. And this was before the nomination.
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 17, 2017, 09:15 PM
 
     
The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 17, 2017, 09:21 PM
 
Well played.
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 17, 2017, 09:24 PM
 
I almost forgot!

Guess who was in the room with Ryan and McCarthy when this went down?

McMuffin.
     
The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 17, 2017, 09:36 PM
 
I saw. Everybody connected to everybody.

I wonder who had access to the recording and decided to leak? I would think it's a small list.
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 17, 2017, 09:45 PM
 
Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
I wonder who had access to the recording and decided to leak? I would think it's a small list.
I want it to be eggs and ham.
     
The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 17, 2017, 09:58 PM
 
I assume that means Ryan, but reference is lost on me.
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 17, 2017, 10:08 PM
 
Eggs and ham sandwich.

Nooks and crannies.

Breakfast of Mormons.
     
The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 17, 2017, 11:03 PM
 
I get it. My counter would be why would he wait so long?
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 17, 2017, 11:10 PM
 
Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
I get it. My counter would be why would he wait so long?
I'm more amused by the idea than anything, but to answer the question, I can't think there's been a better time to drop it.

More likely however, this was masterminded by the "player" I mentioned in the other thread. It fits that profile.
     
The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 18, 2017, 10:47 AM
 
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 18, 2017, 10:17 PM
 
Nothing definite, but little hints here and there it was McMullin wearing the wire.
     
The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 18, 2017, 10:50 PM
 
Wait, these aren't typically recorded? What could possibly have been happening back then that would warrant that kind of behavior?
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 18, 2017, 10:52 PM
 
No ideaski.
     
The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 18, 2017, 10:54 PM
 
Ok, what was the hint you heard?
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 18, 2017, 11:02 PM
 
Just that there are people in the GOP who think it was him.

As I said, far from definitive. I can dig up the link if you want.

I think the most useful bit of information which can be gleaned was what you implied. People who should theoretically know how these types of meetings go down aren't pointing to some form of an "official" taping system.
     
The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 18, 2017, 11:05 PM
 
I think it just came up on my twitter. Axios.
     
The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 18, 2017, 11:10 PM
 
http://thehill.com/policy/national-s...wThqCw.twitter
According to lawmakers, Rosenstein confirmed that the bureau’s investigation into Russian interference in the election is no longer strictly a counterintelligence investigation — a kind of probe that does not normally result in charges — but also a criminal one.
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 18, 2017, 11:28 PM
 
Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Saw that on r/politics... Graham mentioned it.

The "corrective" in the comments over the idea this was further breaking of ranks was it actually makes things more complicated for Congress, and slows the whole process down.
     
The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 18, 2017, 11:45 PM
 
Graham was hypothesizing. It was before the Rosenstein meeting.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/05/18/p...use/index.html
Investigators on the House intelligence committees have obtained access to valuable data from the Treasury Department, a development that will open their doors to investigate possible connections between President Donald Trump's business empire and Russians, CNN has learned.
     
The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 23, 2017, 01:00 AM
 
https://www.apnews.com/417c7e00c0274...um=AP_Politics
Trump attorney didn’t want him to sign financial disclosure
President Donald Trump’s attorneys initially wanted him to submit an updated financial disclosure without certifying the information as true, according to correspondence with the Office of Government Ethics.

Attorney Sheri Dillon said she saw no need for Trump to sign his 2016 personal financial disclosure because he is filing voluntarily this year. But OGE director Walter Shaub said his office would only work with Dillon if she agreed to follow the typical process of having Trump make the certification.
Putting this here because conspiracy
     
The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 23, 2017, 01:04 AM
 

He admits he was feeling pressure plus he's dumb enough to think firing Comey would release that pressure.
     
The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 23, 2017, 01:06 AM
 
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7745916.html
Donald Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, has reportedly been identified as a “person of interest” in the ongoing investigation into possible ties between Russia and Donald Trump’s campaign.
This is also noteworthy because reports behind Comey's firing indicated Jared was one of the voices pushing for him to be fired.
     
Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 23, 2017, 10:40 AM
 
In their own words.


On the other hand... my morning talking points from the Donald reminded me there is more evidence of collusion between the Clinton Foundation and Russia over the Uranium One sale.
"The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the church" Saint Tertullian, 197 AD
     
The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 23, 2017, 11:19 AM
 
Of course, something I can't read.
     
Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 23, 2017, 11:57 AM
 
Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Of course, something I can't read.
From The NY Times:
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/u...pany.html?_r=0
Cash Flowed to Clinton Foundation Amid Russian Uranium Deal
04/23/2015
As the Russians gradually assumed control of Uranium One in three separate transactions from 2009 to 2013, Canadian records show, a flow of cash made its way to the Clinton Foundation. Uranium One’s chairman used his family foundation to make four donations totaling $2.35 million. Those contributions were not publicly disclosed by the Clintons, despite an agreement Mrs. Clinton had struck with the Obama White House to publicly identify all donors. Other people with ties to the company made donations as well.

And shortly after the Russians announced their intention to acquire a majority stake in Uranium One, Mr. Clinton received $500,000 for a Moscow speech from a Russian investment bank with links to the Kremlin that was promoting Uranium One stock.
"The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the church" Saint Tertullian, 197 AD
     
The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 23, 2017, 12:03 PM
 
Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
From The NY Times:
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/u...pany.html?_r=0
Cash Flowed to Clinton Foundation Amid Russian Uranium Deal
04/23/2015
Wait is this another attempt to derail the thread? The video said 'no collusion ' which is what I thought you were referring to
     
OreoCookie
Moderator
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Hilbert space
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 23, 2017, 12:25 PM
 
Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
In their own words.


On the other hand... my morning talking points from the Donald reminded me there is more evidence of collusion between the Clinton Foundation and Russia over the Uranium One sale.
In a subsequent interview Clapper clarified what he said earlier (emphasis mine):


Originally Posted by James Clapper
So I left it to the judgment of the FBI and that was certainly the practice I followed here. But that was consistent with what I did during the whole six and a half years.

So it's not surprising or out of — or abnormal that I would not have known about the investigation, or, even more importantly, the content of that investigation.

So I don't know if there was collusion or not. I don't know if there is evidence of collusion or not, nor should I have in this particular context.
Just to be clear: that doesn't imply there is evidence of collusion, but Clapper's statements don't mean what you claim they mean.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
     
Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 23, 2017, 02:11 PM
 
Yet, the others are saying no evidence.

Interesting observation I heard on the radio this morning. The Democrats have moved away from trying to prove collusion (because they can't) and are trying to get someone to say that Trump has tried to obstruct the investigation.

The other hope is they can pull a "Scooter Libby." All anyone has to do is follow the Hillary method for testifying, repeat these three words: "I don't recall."
"The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the church" Saint Tertullian, 197 AD
     
The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 23, 2017, 02:39 PM
 
Guess you missed today's hearings.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...ampaign-238719

Anyway it's not the Democrats job to prove collusion, either the FBI investigation will show it or not.

Getting shitcanned on obstruction of justice when you were innocent would pretty novel.
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 23, 2017, 02:55 PM
 
Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Getting shitcanned on obstruction of justice when you were innocent would pretty novel.
It's a standard 4D chess gambit.
     
Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 23, 2017, 03:06 PM
 
"May have?"

No interference.



It looks like Ocham's Razor (or is it Sherlock Holmes) is coming into play.

www.kim.com
#SETHRICH WAS A HERO
I KNOW THAT SETH RICH WAS INVOLVED IN THE DNC LEAK.
I know this because in late 2014 a person contacted me about helping me to start a branch of the Internet Party in the United States. He called himself Panda. I now know that Panda was Seth Rich.

Panda advised me that he was working on voter analytics tools and other technologies that the Internet Party may find helpful.

I communicated with Panda on a number of topics including corruption and the influence of corporate money in politics.

“He wanted to change that from the inside.”
I was referring to what I knew when I did an interview with Bloomberg in New Zealand in May 2015. In that interview I hinted that Julian Assange and Wikileaks would release information about Hillary Clinton in the upcoming election.

The Rich family has reached out to me to ask that I be sensitive to their loss in my public comments. That request is entirely reasonable.

I have consulted with my lawyers. I accept that my full statement should be provided to the authorities and I am prepared to do that so that there can be a full investigation. My lawyers will speak with the authorities regarding the proper process.

If my evidence is required to be given in the United States I would be prepared to do so if appropriate arrangements are made. I would need a guarantee from Special Counsel Mueller, on behalf of the United States, of safe passage from New Zealand to the United States and back. In the coming days we will be communicating with the appropriate authorities to make the necessary arrangements. In the meantime, I will make no further comment.

STATEMENT FROM
KIM DOTCOM
"The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the church" Saint Tertullian, 197 AD
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 23, 2017, 03:12 PM
 
Weaksauce.
     
Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 23, 2017, 03:31 PM
 
Crème fraîche
"The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the church" Saint Tertullian, 197 AD
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 23, 2017, 03:33 PM
 
If it was very runny.
     
The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 23, 2017, 03:47 PM
 
Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
"May have?"

No interference. ]
What are you saying here?
     
Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 23, 2017, 04:17 PM
 
Brennan: Russia may have successfully recruited Trump campaign aides
Elvis "may have" faked his death.
"The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the church" Saint Tertullian, 197 AD
     
The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 23, 2017, 04:50 PM
 
Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
Elvis "may have" faked his death.
Yes, there is uncertainty. That's why there is an investigation. It's interesting because I don't think you'd have such a presumption of innocence if it was Hillary under investigation.

Tell me, what do you think is more likely: Hillary had Seth Rich killed or Russia had inappropriate contact with the Trump campaign?
     
Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 23, 2017, 05:55 PM
 
Let's see. Trump has been under survailence for almost two years. You would think if the Obama IC had found something it would have been "October Surprised" BTW, the Russians/Soviets have been trying to "influence" our election for almost 100 years.

There was collusion attempted, in 1984.
From:
Forbes.
Ted Kennedy's Soviet Gambit
Boston Herald
Forget Donald Trump, Teddy Kennedy was Moscow's bestie


You can add Rich to the list of the Clinton mysterious death list.
"The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the church" Saint Tertullian, 197 AD
     
andi*pandi
Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: inside 128, north of 90
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 23, 2017, 07:44 PM
 
Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
Elvis "may have" faked his death.
Jesus is alive and well and living in Tacoma.
     
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 23, 2017, 07:45 PM
 
Originally Posted by Chongo View Post

You can add Rich to the list of the Clinton mysterious death list.
The Russia BS will intensify as the MSM scrambles to avoid talking about that. So I guess we'll see even more Dakar posts about the Russian nothing until they run out of rabbit hole?
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: May 2001
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 23, 2017, 07:56 PM
 
Right. Because everybody is lying about this Russian thing. Except you and Trump.

OAW
     
OreoCookie
Moderator
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Hilbert space
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 23, 2017, 09:21 PM
 
Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
Yet, the others are saying no evidence.

Interesting observation I heard on the radio this morning. The Democrats have moved away from trying to prove collusion (because they can't) and are trying to get someone to say that Trump has tried to obstruct the investigation.
The allegation of Trump firing Comey for continuing his investigation on connections between his campaign and Russia are based on Trump's own words as well as contemporaneous notes taken by Comey (which count as pieces of evidence in a court of law). Trump is in serious trouble, because he just can't shut up. This isn't some partisan plot to get rid of Trump. His first DNI has been caught red-handed, working as a foreign agent (in the US legal sense) during his tenure. And apparently Trump wants Flynn back in the White House.
Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
The other hope is they can pull a "Scooter Libby."
Are you claiming that poor Scooter Libby was the victim of politics? And that his conviction for obstruction of justice and perjury was not justified?
Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
All anyone has to do is follow the Hillary method for testifying, repeat these three words: "I don't recall."
Hillary Clinton at this point is a wealthy retiree, nothing more. Pulling her back into the discussion to avoid talking about Trump is a sign of weakness, Trump has won the election (in case you didn't hear).
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
     
Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 23, 2017, 09:48 PM
 
Yep. When Scooter Libby was interviewed, the identity of the person who "outed" Plame was already known and there was no need to interview him. Fitzpatrick wanted a scalp. Cheney was his target, but settled for Libby.
( Last edited by Chongo; May 24, 2017 at 12:00 AM. )
"The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the church" Saint Tertullian, 197 AD
     
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 24, 2017, 03:47 AM
 
Originally Posted by OAW View Post
Right. Because everybody is lying about this Russian thing. Except you and Trump.
There is no Russian "thing", no matter how much you and the rest of the Left want there to be. However, there appears be yet another murder connected to the Clintons. The sheer number of bodies left in their wake is staggering.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
BadKosh
Professional Poster
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Just west of DC.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 24, 2017, 06:52 AM
 
Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
Elvis "may have" faked his death.
Bubba Ho Tep WAS TRUE!
     
The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 24, 2017, 10:30 AM
 
Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
Let's see. Trump has been under survailence for almost two years. You would think if the Obama IC had found something it would have been "October Surprised" BTW, the Russians/Soviets have been trying to "influence" our election for almost 100 years.
Trump was under surveillance for two years? Citation needed.
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 24, 2017, 11:01 AM
 
Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Trump was under surveillance for two years? Citation needed.
I wouldn't be surprised if he's been under investigation for a decade.

Just between you and me... guy does some shady real estate shit.
     
The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 24, 2017, 11:23 AM
 
Originally Posted by subego View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if he's been under investigation for a decade.

Just between you and me... guy does some shady real estate shit.
That's a different argument.
     
 
Thread Tools
 
Forum Links
Forum Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Top
Privacy Policy
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:59 AM.
All contents of these forums © 1995-2015 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Branding + Design: www.gesamtbild.com
vBulletin v.3.8.8 © 2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.,