Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > "fast switch" into/out of Front Row?

"fast switch" into/out of Front Row?
Zoom
Mac Elite
Oct 17, 2008, 01:50 PM

I love using Front Row while I'm working (on a separate, nearby computer)... but sometimes I need to jump onto that computer for a sec. Unfortunately, that involves hitting Escape (or the Menu button on the remote) multiple times. My music stops, my place in the playlist is lost. Then I have multiple clicks to get back to where I was.

Is there some quick way to swap to desktop mode and back?

I know I could just play tunes with iTunes using the same remote, but then I have all the clutter and small album art.... I want the Front Row full-screen view.

Sounds like what I need is a "Front Row Visualizer". Something that shows the album art, track info, progress bar, and nothing else.

(Is there any way to disable the mirror image flipping every 30 seconds??)
Late 2012 27" iMac 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, 24GB RAM, 3TB Fusion drive

B Gallagher
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 17, 2008, 06:03 PM

Can't help you there, but I agree, the equivalent of the music tab of Front Row as an iTunes visualiser would be great.
MBP 15" C2D 2.2GHz 4.0GB 500GB@5400
iPhone 4 32GB Black

cybergoober
Mac Elite
Oct 17, 2008, 07:51 PM

I believe the default shortcut for Front Row is command-escape. That should get you back to the Desktop in one step.

B Gallagher
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 18, 2008, 02:50 AM

Pressing any alpha key (haven't tried others) while you're in Front Row instantly brings you back to the desktop. It's become a habit of mine to use the X key.
MBP 15" C2D 2.2GHz 4.0GB 500GB@5400
iPhone 4 32GB Black

Forum Links
Forum Rules