Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Now need two clicks to get link up?

Now need two clicks to get link up?
kevs
Mac Elite
Aug 23, 2019, 02:45 PM

I think this dovetails with upgrading to Mojave but who knows.... big annoyance.

In Mail, mostly, but I think other places. I used to click a link and the browser would open up on the page in one shot.

How it takes two clicks. The first click just shows the blank homepage ( set to Google); then I have to go back and click again, and then the page comes up. Thanks

reader50
Administrator
Aug 28, 2019, 01:27 AM

Had to wait until I got home, and could test in Mojave.

I'm not seeing this. Click a link in mail -> page opens in Firefox. No 2nd click needed.

Try setting different preferred browsers. It could be your current browser, rather than Mail, that's requiring the 2nd click.

kevs  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 28, 2019, 01:43 AM

The crazy part is once I click on a link, the 2nd time clicking it opens, so you can't test it. But keep an eye out. It not just mail and browser.. and intermittent. Real nuisance.

andi*pandi
Aug 28, 2019, 10:25 AM

what browser? did you try changing default browser as reader suggests?

kevs  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 28, 2019, 01:10 PM

Thanks Andi have you seen issue? Where change default to Safari. I can't find it anymore in preferences.

reader50
Administrator
Aug 28, 2019, 02:21 PM

System Prefs -> General -> Default web browser

kevs  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 28, 2019, 02:32 PM

thanks ok realized too brutal change browers even to test for a week. All passowrds are in Firefox, so insanely draining to have manually enter all these passwords. Also the whole bookmark adding starts from Firefox...

And why is pernicious is this bug, the 2nd click works, so you can't A/B test it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules