Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Backpack / bag / sleeve for your Mac Notebook? *Look here*

Backpack / bag / sleeve for your Mac Notebook? *Look here* (Page 21)
daiSho
Forum Regular
Aug 16, 2007, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by disappear012 View Post
Hey, I bought the case from Macbook Case.
Here is the picture of it.

I love it! You gotta see it for yourself. No Doubt!
I bought this to protect my Mac, but I got impressed by look. It looks plain if you compare it with other brand, but because of the simple design, it doesn't ruin the Apple design and looks fantastic!
MacBook Pro Case
thx for your post... very interesting for me to see as i was just about to order one of the Speck hard cases for my MacBook Pro, but from the few pictures on their website i at least like the looks of this one better, more of a flat appearance in comparison to the Speck cases...

can anyone comment on the durability and fitment of these cases perhaps, compared to the Speck cases? also, i use a BOOQ Vyper Exo bag for my MBP, i assume it would still fit into that fine w/ one of these installed? i have a lot of traveling in the near future and one of these would be great to avoid scratches and dings i think..!

daiSho
Forum Regular
Aug 16, 2007, 07:54 PM

after a bit more digging around i find that there are three different options for hardshell cases for my SR MacBook Pro it seems. i find the following:

Speck 'SeeThru' for MBP
"NoteBook Snap on Cover" from macbook-case.com
TECHSHELL

now, while i can only base things of the few pictures at these websites the case from Macbook-cases.com seems to offer the best looks to my eye, especially in comparison the the case from Speck (i really dislike the look of the plastic reinforcements that are visible on the lid of the Speck case). the case from Techshell looks nice and flush too, but again the pictures are very small and its hard to tell which looks best...

i will be putting my MBP w/ whatever hardcase i decide on into my new Booq Vyper Exo case, so i really am just wanting it to protect from scratches and the like... i don't expect it to offer protection from impacts or anything. so, can anyone who has seen more of these let me know which is the most attractive when installed? as i said the offerings from macbook-case look nicest from their pictures, but i cant really find many reviews for these cases aside from the Speck, which i like the looks of the least.

any input or opinion would be most welcome, thx in advance friends..!

Jondot
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 24, 2007, 08:52 PM

I spent ages trying to find a backpack that actually looked normal, if you see what I mean. The problem seems to be that they either stand out like a sore thumb (a la Crumpler Pyjama Pride), look cheap, or have no style about them at all. I'm used to brand-over-substance Ripcurl, Quicksilver and Animal bags, and so wearing something that wouldn't look out of place on a hiking expedition is a no-no. As is one that shouts "there's £1300 laptop in here", because obviously I don't want to be advertising myself to thieves.

Anyways, eventually I gave up and went for a messenger bag. I'm not sure how comfortable it'll be, but if it's that dreadful I'll just send it back to Amazon. It's a Crumpler Boomer Large in Olive. Atleast I think it's large. It's the size that'll take a 17 inch laptop because I was a bit worried a 15.4 inch MBP wouldn't sit comfortably in there.

Just got to wait for the Amazon standard delivery now... Although I somehow doubt it'll overtake my MBP, which Apple say should arrive near the 18th of September...

buddins
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 26, 2007, 11:36 PM

I have a Macbook in white, I have had it for a little over 6 months now. I went ahead and purchased a techshell case in pink and some cleaning/protecting items right after I purchased the mac to try and keep it looking good. Well, just a week or so ago, I took the case off (yes I did it properly with no problems). Under the case I see all these tread mark type scratches all over the surface of the Mac. I tried to wipe it off with the iKlear kit I purchased. Of course it didn't work because these are permanent scratches all over... I repeat.. ALL OVER the surface. I also noticed similar marks on the inside of the techshell case. Hmmmm..
Well, it seems that there is friction that happens between the Mac and the case as the case doesn't conform-fit the mac like rubber or anything.. it is plastic on plastic after all. I am pretty sad that I spent $80 on a case that did exactly what I was trying to avoid. I would certainly rethink putting a plastic case on your Mac, it just may not work. Trust me, I read ALL instructions and never took it off until recently because I noticed dusty stuff collecting between the case and computer and thought it was time to clean it.
I also want to mention the fact that the case doesn't seal off all the way... it does leave a few air bubbles that show on the computer and it doesn't look very attractive.
It isn't worth the expense. I would opt for a soft case with padding or something like that. (which I also got.. the neoprene case sold on the apple site). Ah well, at least the Mac works great!

buddins
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 26, 2007, 11:49 PM

The Techshell case and the "notebook snap on cover" are essentially the same... it is very attractive aside from the airbubbles and the scratches it leaves behind (see my recent post)

Flagheimer
Sep 19, 2007, 12:12 AM

Finally got a new battery for my 12-inch PowerBook G4, so now I can be mobile while on campus again -- any suggestions for a backpack? Please note, that I will be putting 3-4 textbooks and (paper) notebooks in there as well, among other things (calculator, pencils, pens...). I'm just concerned about how safe my PB will be in there. I'm not fond of the one strap bags, a traditional backpack is what I'm looking for. I hate carrying around my Backpack and a second bag for my PB. I look like a 21 year old student/businessman/slacker.

noemi
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 23, 2007, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by buddins View Post
I have a Macbook in white, I have had it for a little over 6 months now. I went ahead and purchased a techshell case in pink and some cleaning/protecting items right after I purchased the mac to try and keep it looking good. Well, just a week or so ago, I took the case off (yes I did it properly with no problems). Under the case I see all these tread mark type scratches all over the surface of the Mac. I tried to wipe it off with the iKlear kit I purchased. Of course it didn't work because these are permanent scratches all over... I repeat.. ALL OVER the surface. I also noticed similar marks on the inside of the techshell case. Hmmmm..
Well, it seems that there is friction that happens between the Mac and the case as the case doesn't conform-fit the mac like rubber or anything.. it is plastic on plastic after all. I am pretty sad that I spent $80 on a case that did exactly what I was trying to avoid. I would certainly rethink putting a plastic case on your Mac, it just may not work. Trust me, I read ALL instructions and never took it off until recently because I noticed dusty stuff collecting between the case and computer and thought it was time to clean it.
I also want to mention the fact that the case doesn't seal off all the way... it does leave a few air bubbles that show on the computer and it doesn't look very attractive.
It isn't worth the expense. I would opt for a soft case with padding or something like that. (which I also got.. the neoprene case sold on the apple site). Ah well, at least the Mac works great!
Have a look at this one, soft neoprene and you don't need to remove the laptop from the sleeve to use it, similar advantage as a hard cover but you won't get a single mark on the laptop with this design, www.aussiebag.com

noemi
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 24, 2007, 02:38 AM

A new one for the list www.aussiebag.com, three items protection pack, fitted sleeve, screen protector and pouch, everything from down under.

Peter
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 7, 2007, 03:28 PM

anyone used a vaja bag?
we don't have time to stop for gas

Simon
Posting Junkie
Oct 11, 2007, 05:25 AM

I'm looking for a new bag for my 15" MBP. I want it to have a decent shoulder strap and handles.

Unfortunately, most of these bags have a flap cover. I want it to have a zipper though. Of course it would alo be nice if it came with a padded area for the MBP so I don't need a sleeve and if the bag wouldn't weigh too much (the Apple Store has a nice Brenthaven Bag "Metro Deluxe" but at 4lbs it's pretty heavy). What about the Brenthaven MetroLite? I that a decent bag?

Any suggestions?

tycheung
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 26, 2007, 12:21 PM

if anyone is interested - I have one of those willow design backpacks (Kerouac model) people used to rave about a couple years back. More info in the marketplace forum here (sorry for the shameless plug)

MacinTalk
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 6, 2007, 05:29 PM

Booq has some new bags on the horizon. They just released three of them - which are due to ship later this month.

The Mamba Sling (available in Black, Navy, Red or Brown)

and the Boa slimcase (in vertical and horizontal flavors)

As a thank you to all those who have purchased Booq bags from us in the past (and for anyone who is still thinking about it), we are having a "Pre-Order sale" --->Save 10% on your pre-order of a new Booq bag by using code: PreorderBooq (coupon expires when they arrive in stock, one coupon per customer please)

Check out the whole line-up here: NEW bags from Booq

Thanks!

Lancer409
Professional Poster
Nov 28, 2007, 06:40 PM

Just picked up a sleeve from Waterfield design. Awesome quality (just like i remembered from the 12inch powerbook).

I remember grabbing a crumpler case, and a shinza case for my 12inch powerbook, and they slide around in both (massive gaps).

at the time, my friend shelled out for a waterfield, and the quality stood out. you could tell immediately that it was in a whole 'nother league.

So, when I purchased my 15inch mbp, i decided to stroll down to waterfield (so i dont have to pay shipping) to pick up a case.

They prefer web orders now. If you're a san francisco resident that would rather pick up and save a couple bucks on shipping, they would like you to place orders online, and pick up downstairs. The two ladies there were really helpful, and they even have a blank (acrylic that is shaped like the laptop exactly, so you can see the fit of the sleeves).

In any case, let's get to the important stuff.

The case I purchased is a one off special. someone requested plastic sheets be put in to give the sleeve a bit more substance, but because it's not a hard hard case, which is what he really wanted, he returned it.

54 dollar case. Mine for 25 bucks. (Like new, probably never touched)

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ****
In any case, they have approx 10 sleeves that fit the 15inch macbook pro that will be sold at reduced price this saturday, December 21st.

cases with flap cost 25 dollars, cases without the flap (has a velcro closure, but leaves one end semi exposed) cost 20.

They have vertical and horizontal orientation, and one of them is custom made with leather.

I believe that one was a horizontal, with flap, and the bottom (where it's usually checkered thread) is a grey leather, really soft, and supple. Grippy too.

I considered that one but I wanted a vertical case, so someone else will get that one for a bargain price of 25 or 30 bucks.

It's this saturday December 1st, so all you san franciscans that are eyeing a wonderful sleeve, head on out to their warehouse. It's in a building full of shops and there will be vendors coming in to sell their wares too.

I dont know what kind of discounts will be applied on the other bags and sleeves, but it's great quality, fits like a glove, and has a lifetime warantee. Check it out.

Yelp.com:
Waterfield Designs
5 star rating
based on 4 reviews

Category: Shopping [Edit]
Neighborhood: Potrero Hill
2325 3rd Street
Suite 427
(between 20th St & 22nd St)
San Francisco, CA 94107
(415) 546-1040
SFBags - WaterField Designs - Page Redirection
( Last edited by Lancer409; Nov 28, 2007 at 06:55 PM. )

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Gish
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 29, 2007, 10:37 PM

I bought a Tucano sleeve off of eBay after reading some really positive reviews. I also managed to score a Spire laptop backpack for $19.

ColdFire
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 2, 2007, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by kitcho View Post
Ogio Politan Laptop Backpack.
I've been using this backpack for my 17" MBP for a few days and absolutely love it. Ogio apparently changed the design a little bit as now there's no front zipper pocket, but not a big deal. The MBP fits nice and snug in the top compartment, and once I get my Vaja case in a few weeks it'll be a really nice, tight fit. I'm coming from the Ogio Metro backpack which was outstanding and well-made; used it almost every day for three years and it still looks new. So I'm confident this new Politan will last at least that long.

ColdFire
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 2, 2007, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by Peter View Post
anyone used a vaja bag?
I just placed my order for one a couple of days ago, and will post a brief review here once I've had a chance to use it a bit. I have Vaja cases for my PDAs and MP3 players, so I don't think I'll be too disappointed with the MBP case.

jaybert
Dec 16, 2007, 10:37 AM

my gf got me the zegari barcelona bag (platinum, not orange) that was mentioned in this thread a long while back. they were sold out for the longest time and finally went back in stock. very nicely crafted. not sure if its worth $325,but def very nice

harbinger75
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 12, 2008, 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by Peter View Post
anyone used a vaja bag?
I just placed my order for one a couple of days ago, and will post a brief review here once I've had a chance to use it a bit. I have Vaja cases for my PDAs and MP3 players, so I don't think I'll be too disappointed with the MBP case.
ColdFire, did you get that Vaja case for your MBP? I'm curious about your impressions. I, too, have had a few of their cases for PDA's, so I'm sure the build quality is superb...but a review from a person is always welcome.
the geek source
Twitter: @thegeeksource

maxx9photo
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 24, 2008, 10:39 PM

I like my Kenneth Cole bag and ordering an urban disguise 50 from Thinktank for my photography needs.

ColdFire
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 26, 2008, 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by harbinger75 View Post
ColdFire, did you get that Vaja case for your MBP? I'm curious about your impressions. I, too, have had a few of their cases for PDA's, so I'm sure the build quality is superb...but a review from a person is always welcome.
I got the case about three weeks ago and after airing it out for a few days (strong leather smell at first), I've used it probably 5-6 times since. The MBP fits perfectly in the case thanks to the inner molding, and thankfully the leather has a good grip to it since I didn't get the handle. I got the black case with the brown accents, which I think is the one Vaja advertises. So far, I'm extremely happy with it, but too bad it's a little too big to fit into my backpack. So the MBP will have to go into my backpack with no additional protection, which is fine because there's already padding built into the bag anyway.

jacklazara
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 26, 2008, 11:46 AM

maybe something like that?

Edge I Black laptop case

harbinger75
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 26, 2008, 09:37 PM

Do you have a link for that, Jack?
the geek source
Twitter: @thegeeksource

Nibi
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 26, 2008, 11:09 PM

Today I received my Waterfield Sleeve case in size 13-2. For my soon to arrive MacBook Air. I have never owned a product from this company, and I must say that I am rather impressed with the build quality. I can't comment about the fit...yet, but will asap.
View the rest of the set here
Well man, sometimes you just gotta race.

MacChicaroo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 31, 2008, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Lancer409 View Post
Just picked up a sleeve from Waterfield design. Awesome quality (just like i remembered from the 12inch powerbook).

I remember grabbing a crumpler case, and a shinza case for my 12inch powerbook, and they slide around in both (massive gaps).

at the time, my friend shelled out for a waterfield, and the quality stood out. you could tell immediately that it was in a whole 'nother league.

SFBags - WaterField Designs - Page Redirection
I agree--Waterfield bags are top-notch quality. I've got the SleeveCase on order for my new MacAir (the case will arrive before the laptop!). I buy their sleeves for all my new laptops. Now I'm eyeing one of these HardCases from Waterfield for either the Air or my MacBook Pro. They look pretty slick. I especially like the kiwi underflap.

MacChicaroo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 31, 2008, 02:44 PM

Take two:

HardCase

elx
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 31, 2008, 08:28 PM

Just wondering. Won't the zippers on sleeves put stress on the 'book's sides? Kinda doubtful about zipped sleeves.

nathanxu
Forum Regular
Feb 7, 2008, 08:51 PM

My G.F has just purchased a MacBook Air, I guess she will need a note book bag. It seems Apple store hasn't stocked any at this stage. However, I have found something on a Chinese fourm, they did not state who is saleing the MacBook Air bags though. They've only provided some photos, has anyone heard anything about these things. These photos are taken from ƻ����-iPhone,ƻ���ʼDZ�,ƻ������,ƻ����̳,���д���,ƻ��� ���.
http://www.macx.cn/images/upload/2008/01/20/125042.png
iMac 24 Inch, 2.93 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, 640 GB Hard drive, 256 MB NVIDIA
iPhone5 64GB Black
1TB Time Capsule

peeb
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 7, 2008, 09:25 PM

The MacBook does not come with an airbag - in the event of a collision, you must rely on your seatbelt.

ginoledesma
Mac Elite
Feb 7, 2008, 10:24 PM

Haha. That's how I read the phrase as well. "Air bag".

You can use a standard notebook bag that fits the 12"/13" profiles, since the MacBook Air is as wide as the MacBook. You'll probably want to find one that offers more padding to prevent it from shuffling while inside, though.

Another option is to just get a sleeve / neoprene case. While there aren't any that's custom made for the MBA yet, you should be able to use those form Incase, Radtech, and such. Best to go to an Apple Store or similar shop and try out the ones they have on display.

romeosc
Mac Elite
Feb 7, 2008, 10:29 PM

I think someone should come up with one that looks like a envelope like Steve had on stage but padded!

ghporter
Administrator
Feb 7, 2008, 11:08 PM

Uh....manila envelope? Ok, a padded manila envelope-the kind used for mailing certificates and photos.

Seriously, I don't think it'll take too long for someone to come out with a fitted sleeve or bag for this, but for now, I guess you'll have to find a sleeve that fits the width and height and cinch it up for the thickness. I'd think that as thin as the MBA is that you might need some sort of stiffener to support it in a pack, even a computer bag pack.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Mac User #001
Mac Elite
Feb 7, 2008, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by romeosc View Post
I think someone should come up with one that looks like a envelope like Steve had on stage but padded!
Already out.

AirMail: the manila folder MacBook Air sleeve gets real - Engadget
I have returned... 2020 MacBook Air - 1.1 GHz Quad-Core i5 - 16 GB RAM

amazing
Professional Poster
Feb 8, 2008, 01:05 AM

Yet another idea: a sleeve/case that inflates with air to protect the AirBook! And I've got a name
for it, inspired by the title of this thread: It need only be called the AirBag! Just have to think of some nifty way to implement the pump...something light and airy?

sogbrightlight
Forum Regular
Feb 14, 2008, 05:54 PM

I'm trying to find the best sleeve but to be honest I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the options.

I'll be carrying it around in my backpack.

This is for a MacBook. However I don't really feel like dropping 55 dollars for the Booq case. Is there a better budgeted option that functions well. I've looked at this Sleeve for MacBook Pro, MacBook, ModBook, Powerbook and iBook - Sleevz from RadTech

but it seems to not offer much protection as far as cushioning which is what i need.

Advice anyone?
Bla Bla Bla

iJeff
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 20, 2008, 10:36 AM

Just bought a case for my MBA. It is shock and water resistant, super light weight, environmental friendly and fits the MBA snugly.

Scroll down to see this amazing case

It is affordabe too at only US$1.49
( Last edited by iJeff; Feb 20, 2008 at 10:56 AM. )

nathanxu
Forum Regular
Feb 25, 2008, 02:10 AM

Good idea.
iMac 24 Inch, 2.93 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, 640 GB Hard drive, 256 MB NVIDIA
iPhone5 64GB Black
1TB Time Capsule

bishopazrael
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 25, 2008, 02:22 AM

Honestly you're going to have to pop closer to $75 to $80 for a good backpack. I think thats what you're looking for at this point. I know that the Oakley sandbags are really hot right now. I've got a Werger/ Swiss Army backpack. it's one of their bigger ones, but its got a padded compartment in it, just for laptops. I like it, but I'm thinking of selling mine to go with something for a sling instead of a backpack. Anyways, honestly you're in the really bad area to be in for lookking for a good backpack. You're just at the high end of bad bags, and you're below what it will cost you to get a good, solid bag. Like I said, you DO get what you pay for in backpacks and I'd like to see you come out on top so my advice is to save a bit more and be sure you get a really good bag. In the long run its cheaper than settling for one that's lower end, then regretting it the second you get it home, then go back and buy the better bag. In the end everyone goes for the better bag, so just do it now instead of later.

Good luck.
Bishop
Backups are like guns and condoms. It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Couch Potato™
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 25, 2008, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by nathanxu View Post
Good idea.
Seriously? Your Macbook will hardly be protected in an envelop, it's only a joke and show. As said before, wait till the sleeves get released. It won't take long anymore.
James "Couch Potato™" Raeds
- Can't you see? It all makes perfect sense, expressed in dollars and cents.

Love Calm Quiet
Mac Elite
Feb 25, 2008, 04:33 PM

I think the airbubble mailer should be great: then that can go inside your rigid-sided carrier. Wish I had the problem (MBA)!
TOMBSTONE: "He's trashed his last preferences"

ctt1wbw
Mac Elite
Feb 25, 2008, 07:14 PM

I just bought one of these from Timbuk2:

I have one of these from Built right now, which I am going to sell:

I really like the bag, it's just the side pocket isn't big enough.

sogbrightlight
Forum Regular
Feb 25, 2008, 07:48 PM

I just received my ZeroShock III from Shinza, It fits my macbook perfectly. I got the bright orange one. It feels good and sturdy and fits in the front pocket of my backpack(the smaller one). I highly suggest this sleeve.
Bla Bla Bla

danofthedead
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 26, 2008, 04:39 PM

So after looking around for a while for a new setup to carry my gear I decided to pick up a Chrome Citizen messenger bag. I have to say this is one of the most comfortable and well built bags I have ever used.

Large main compartment, a couple of sub compartments as well as a zippered pocket and pen holder.

The average things I bring with me are either my blackbook or mbp both of which i have macsleeves for and my waterfield travel keyboard case. As well as a few little things.

Chrome Bags - Messenger Bags - Citizen
MacCase MacBook Sleeves MacBook Pro Sleeves Powerbook Sleeves
SFBags - WaterField Designs - Keyboard Case - Keyboard Sleeve - Keyboard Protection
( Last edited by danofthedead; Feb 26, 2008 at 04:46 PM. )

driven
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 28, 2008, 11:02 AM

Has anyone used one of these? (If it's on a previous page and I missed it then I apologize.)

15" Nylon Sleeve Plus for MacBook Pro : Incase Products

Any thoughts?
- MacBook Air M2 16GB / 512GB
- MacBook Pro 16" i9 2.4Ghz 32GB / 1TB
- MacBook Pro 15" i7 2.9Ghz 16GB / 512GB
- iMac i5 3.2Ghz 1TB
- G4 Cube 500Mhz / Shelf display unit / Museum display

idykenano
Forum Regular
Mar 8, 2008, 10:59 PM

There aren't any reviews for this case in any of the bag/case/sleeve threads, so I thought I'd throw it out there for the general populace. I like the idea that the macbook stays in there, but I'd like to be able to put this bag into my backpack from time to time. I will be ordering a macbook soon and the idea of getting it in the mail and not having a case just makes me
I am a chemistry/computer science student at a small university, and my laptop would pretty much be attached to me at all times.

The Apple Store (U.S.) - Higher Ground Shuttle for 13-inch Notebooks (Royal Blue)

Untitled Document

iJeff
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 9, 2008, 07:19 AM

I just bought the Belkin vertical sleeve for my MBA (added the Apple logo myself):

I like its slim form factor, light weight and minimalist look.

dingster1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 9, 2008, 08:48 AM

Id be scared somebody would try and snatch it.

Cold Warrior
Mar 9, 2008, 10:38 AM

I've updated this thread's title to make it more inclusive -- Mac Notebook instead of just Powerbook.

pbollin
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 11, 2008, 08:18 PM

I just got a Macbook Pro but am looking for a sleeve or backpack. Has anyone used the North Face Surge or one of the sleeves listed below. For whatever reason, I cannot seem to narrow down the choices because I have never seen any of them in person.
Booq Vyper M2 -http://www.booqbags.com/s.nl/it.A/id.74/.f?sc=13&category=-113

Pinder Thin -http://pinderbags.com/laptopbags.html

Waterfield Sleeve -http://www.sfbags.com/products/sleevecases/sleevecases.htm

iSkin SOHO -http://www.iskin.com/soho/

Toffee Leather Sleeve - toffee :: Online Store

be.ez LArobe - be.ez | products

Built NY Laptop Portfolio, Sleeve, or Cases - BUILT : Laptop Portfolio

Shinza Zeroshock - Shinza ZeroShock 15-Inch Notebook Sleeve

Brenthaven Edge II or Eclipse Sleeve II -http://www.brenthaven.com/catalog-edge-ii-black.html

sogbrightlight
Forum Regular
Mar 11, 2008, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by pbollin View Post
I just got a Macbook Pro but am looking for a sleeve or backpack. Has anyone used the North Face Surge or one of the sleeves listed below. For whatever reason, I cannot seem to narrow down the choices because I have never seen any of them in person.
Booq Vyper M2 -http://www.booqbags.com/s.nl/it.A/id.74/.f?sc=13&category=-113

Pinder Thin -http://pinderbags.com/laptopbags.html

Waterfield Sleeve -http://www.sfbags.com/products/sleevecases/sleevecases.htm

iSkin SOHO -http://www.iskin.com/soho/

Toffee Leather Sleeve - toffee :: Online Store

be.ez LArobe - be.ez | products

Built NY Laptop Portfolio, Sleeve, or Cases - BUILT : Laptop Portfolio

Shinza Zeroshock - Shinza ZeroShock 15-Inch Notebook Sleeve

Brenthaven Edge II or Eclipse Sleeve II -http://www.brenthaven.com/catalog-edge-ii-black.html
I personally suggest the ZeroShock III. I have one and it is well worth what I paid for. I toss that bad boy around all the time and no damage to my computer yet. I'm not talking about dropping but I plop it on the bed and it rides around in my backpack. I enjoy the orange one because I can always find it and I know it's mine. It's a fair price I think also. I highly suggest it.
Bla Bla Bla

ATC Ken
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 12, 2008, 01:11 AM

Another vote for Waterfield designs sleeve cases. I'm on my 3rd sleeve case (had one for an iBook, a Toshiba Laptop, and just ordered my third for my new MacBook Pro 15. This product is top notch...great style and very protective of your laptop. If you need a sleeve to drop inside your backpack, you can't do better than this product!

SFBags - WaterField Designs - MacBook Air Sleeve - Macbook Air Case - Laptop Sleeve - Computer Sleeve - Notebook Sleeve - Laptop Case - MacBook Sleeve - PC Sleeve - DVD Player Case
2.5 Ghz MacBook Pro, 2GB Ram, 250 GB HD...major upgrade replacement for my recently sold iBook.

1.25 Ghz iMac, 17", 768 MB Ram, 160GB HD, SuperDrive, Airport Extreme..still a great desktop machine!

Forum Links
Forum Rules