Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Safari & unexpected logout...

Safari & unexpected logout...
PowerCube
Forum Regular
Sep 15, 2003, 05:51 PM

Anyone else out there having a problem with Safari 1.0 and spontaneous logout? It seems to be a random occurence, and non-repeatable if I follow the same actions that led to the logout. It only happens when using Safari, and I have to be clicking a link from a web page, or trying to download something for it to occur. I am running X.2.6, and It seems to be happening more frequently these days. Think a re-install of Safari is worth a try,or any other suggestions ?
Somewhere out there is my sanity..... but I'm not looking for it!

Developer
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 15, 2003, 08:04 PM

I don't think Safari should be allowed to log you out. Are you maybe using some weird peripherals, like a third party mouse, USB hub etc.?
Nasrudin sat on a river bank when someone shouted to him from the opposite side: "Hey! how do I get across?" "You are across!" Nasrudin shouted back.

PowerCube  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 15, 2003, 09:43 PM

"Wierd" peripherals? I use a Logitech MX700 wireless mouse that works perfectly fine with all other apps (MSExplorer, MS Office, Adobe, iApps, Games, Toast, Quicken,Virtual PC, etc. etc.) Not sure why it would cause an issue in Safari. Which log should I look at after the next episode?
Somewhere out there is my sanity..... but I'm not looking for it!

Forum Links
Forum Rules