Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: Panther 10.3

FS: Panther 10.3
PowerCube
Forum Regular
Mar 2, 2004, 09:54 PM

I have a full box set of Panther OSX.3 + Developer Code Tools for sale. I installed Panther on my Cube, and much to my dismay, there are two very annoying bugs that cannot be resolved and are very important to the functionality of my machine. Therefore, I uninstalled Panther and am back to 10.2.8. The price is $80 shipped, unless you are outside the US.

Thanks!
Somewhere out there is my sanity..... but I'm not looking for it!

velocipede
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 3, 2004, 07:59 AM

Originally posted by PowerCube:
I have a full box set of Panther OSX.3 + Developer Code Tools for sale. I installed Panther on my Cube, and much to my dismay, there are two very annoying bugs that cannot be resolved and are very important to the functionality of my machine. Therefore, I uninstalled Panther and am back to 10.2.8. The price is $80 shipped, unless you are outside the US.

Thanks!
I'd be interested...Do you have any feedback on eBay or something similar?
I wanna see movies of my dreams.

leucas
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 3, 2004, 10:58 AM

I'd like to know what the bugs are... based on your nom de plume, are you running this on a Cube?

PowerCube  (op)
Forum Regular
Mar 3, 2004, 11:28 AM

Originally posted by velocipede:
I'd be interested...Do you have any feedback on eBay or something similar?
Yeah, my eBay id is motecarlo87ss.

PowerCube  (op)
Forum Regular
Mar 3, 2004, 11:53 AM

Originally posted by leucas:
I'd like to know what the bugs are... based on your nom de plume, are you running this on a Cube?
I was running it on a Cube, dual 800mhz upgrade, 1.5g ram, 120g Maxtor fdb internal, airport, GF3 video, bluetooth...anyway, could not get display or machine to sleep via System Prefs settings, and no one could seem to help with that one. I am also streaming audio via usb and an mAudio Sonica Theater external usb sound card to my home theater via iTunes and an external fw drive with all of my cd's copied to it. After about 2 minutes, all I could hear was massive static, and no matter what I did, it wouldn't go away unless I restarted the machine. Unfortunately it would again come right back. Apple blames mAudio's driver, and mAudio is silent on the matter. It works much better under 10.2.8, although sometimes if I am websurfing and streaming, I will get the static. I guess my next step is to go with a Roku Media player and leave behind usb's limitations. But not until I have $500 burning a hole in my pocket.

velocipede
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 3, 2004, 01:33 PM

Originally posted by PowerCube:
Yeah, my eBay id is motecarlo87ss.
Sent mail to your eBay ID.
I wanna see movies of my dreams.

Forum Links
Forum Rules