Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Palm Sync and OS X 10.3

Palm Sync and OS X 10.3
fnevitt
Feb 11, 2004, 03:02 AM

I have a Palm Zire71 and it synced fine under 10.2 but when I installed 10.3 it stopped working. I have installed and reinstalled and done everything I can think of to get my Palm to sync but no luck, any ideas?

bbales
Mac Elite
Feb 11, 2004, 10:13 AM

I had the same problem -- as did others. I cannot recall exactly what I did to fix it (I think part of the problem is that hot sync manager gets moved somewhere or another) -- BUT, do a search for the topic and you should find several threads on fixing it. Are you using the most up-to-date version of the Palm software? I know that I had to install that -- I was using an earlier version.

As I said, do a search because people have posted work-arounds.

gpeden
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 12, 2004, 01:57 AM

One thing perhaps worth trying is what worked for me on my initial install in 10.3: Open HotSync Manager, disable HotSync, and then enable it again. Man, was I happy I tried that

Glen
Cheers!

Glen

fnevitt  (op)
Feb 12, 2004, 02:27 PM

well after trying and trying and trying many different ways I was able to get my Palm to sync finally. Thanks to all that helped. I was able to do it by removing the palm folder in my documents folder and reinstalling the Palm software. It's kinda annoying that I lost all the stuff on my computer, but it's worth it!

selowitch
Mac Elite
Feb 12, 2004, 06:59 PM

Originally posted by fnevitt:
well after trying and trying and trying many different ways I was able to get my Palm to sync finally. Thanks to all that helped. I was able to do it by removing the palm folder in my documents folder and reinstalling the Palm software. It's kinda annoying that I lost all the stuff on my computer, but it's worth it!
To add insult to injury, Palm is dropping support for Palm Desktop for Mac under Palm OS 6 (Cobalt):

<http://www.macintouch.com/#notesandtips>

Forum Links
Forum Rules