Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > customizing my dock help please.

customizing my dock help please.
Izzo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 16, 2008, 11:22 AM

ok...i posted this in the screenshots thread but noboddy is replying so.....i have a the apple TV blue black and purple hd background on my desktop..and i need to know...
1)what icons would look good with this?
2) what dock would llookd good with this and where and how to apply it?

Ren Qian
Aug 16, 2008, 12:45 PM

Check out the Candybar application from Panic. They have a trial period so you can play with the different icons and docks to see what YOU think looks best.

@pplejaxkz
Senior User
Aug 16, 2008, 05:53 PM

With Candybar and interfacelift you're definitely on the right track. We really can't tell you what we think looks good because we all have different tastes and different moods. Like some people will go through a glossy mood and the next day it could be a black mood. Ren Qian is right, try looking at Candybar and searching for some icons that you think look slick.

Oh and it's a plus if you have photoshop or a similar app, so you can create your own icons. Good luck, and if you need any help feel free to PM me.

Smillz
Aug 17, 2008, 10:08 AM

http://www.leoparddocks.com/index.php

That website is great, they even have an application that will change your dock for you

@pplejaxkz
Senior User
Aug 17, 2008, 08:02 PM

Another vote here for Leopard Docks

Forum Links
Forum Rules