Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > The Case Against Trump: Restocking swamp gators!

The Case Against Trump: Restocking swamp gators! (Page 15)
Snow-i
Professional Poster
Oct 13, 2016, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Here is what this election boils down to for me...

You need to live with and be at peace with your vote. If you don't want Hillary to win, unless you are really comfortable with Trump winning (in which case I literally question your sanity), why not vote for a third party or write somebody in? I plan to vote third party, because I don't think I can be at peace with Hillary or Trump.

If you manage to get lots of people to vote third party, there is still a very good chance that the third party person will not win, but so what? At best you'll send a very loud message and maybe create something that can be built upon for next cycle, and at worst if you are conservative you'll either be stuck with the liberal you didn't want, or the conservative you didn't want either. Either way, you aren't getting what you want, so what do you have to lose? The same is true if you are a liberal and you don't want HIllary.

Seriously, look at all of these sexual allegations about Trump coming in. Are you going to be comfortable voting for somebody you think might be that despicable of a human being? I'm just speaking to the conservatives here, because I'm not aware of any liberals here that are planning on voting third party.
Wow besson. Color me impressed.

Agreed.

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Oct 13, 2016, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by OAW View Post

I'm white, does that mean that if no one "checks" my white male entitlement I'll end up like Trump?

**** you, racist hypocrite.

Reading that article damn near gave me brain damage. So much hate, so little intellect. Is this the shit you read over your lunch breaks? No wonder you cry racism all the time while criticizing white men for being white.

I've done nothing to you but support your causes when they make sense, and discuss with you when they don't. Please refrain from telling me my skin color somehow makes me lesser, or imply that I somehow need to be kept in check to keep from turning into Donald Trump.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 13, 2016, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Snow-i View Post
I'm white, does that mean that if no one "checks" my white male entitlement I'll end up like Trump?

Reading that article damn near gave me brain damage. So much hate, so little intellect. Is this the shit you read over your lunch breaks? No wonder you cry racism all the time while criticizing white men for being white.

I've done nothing to you but support your causes when they make sense, and discuss with you when they don't. Please refrain from telling me my skin color somehow makes me lesser, or imply that I somehow need to be kept in check to keep from turning into Donald Trump.
Well if that's what you got out of the article then I submit you missed the point entirely.

While the glorification of rape culture should indeed be the central focus in denouncing Trump’s BEHAVIOR, there’s another major issue that merits discussion after the video leak. Trump and Bush, and many men like them, BEHAVE with the knowledge that their wealth, their maleness, and their whiteness allows them to get away with actions most people would find reprehensible.

They’re what happens when white male entitlement goes unchecked.
Do you consider yourself to be "like them" with regard to your behavior? I've never suggested anything of the sort. And neither did the article.

If President Obama committed even a fraction of Trump’s indiscretions while running for office eight years ago, it’s almost guaranteed that his candidacy would’ve been dead on arrival. This isn’t to say that everyone should have the same right to commit grave offenses, pay lip service with staged apologies, and continue misbehaving anyhow. But it’s what Trump’s been allowed to get away with doing, further proving that people of color don’t get the same benefit of the doubt, nor are they afforded social graces that white men constantly abuse in the public eye.
I would hope you wouldn't even attempt to contend with this observation. It would have been a WRAP on Obama's presidential aspirations if even an IOTA of the sexually aggressive accusations being leveled against Trump were made against him.

For example, in Hollywood, famed filmmaker Roman Polanski is a convicted child rapist, yet his career has barely skipped a beat, and he fled the United States decades ago to avoid serving serious jail time. In the decades since the conviction, he’s had numerous successes, including the 2002 drama The Pianist, which won him an Oscar for best director. He’s made a number of other films since, and many A-list actors seemingly have no problem still working with him.

Meanwhile, the rape allegations against Bill Cosby and Nate Parker have caused them to suffer major career blows — and rightfully so, given the circumstances and public scrutiny. Yet when powerful white men are accused or convicted of anything remotely similar, they don’t endure the same damage as their black counterparts.
And that's just one example. Surely given the historical record in this country you aren't suggesting the observation is baseless?

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Oct 13, 2016 at 06:50 PM. )

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 13, 2016, 07:44 PM

That's why I've stopped engaging him. He's bought into the Regressive idea that racism and prejudice can only come from positions of power and privilege. They can hate and smear whites all they want now and as a white guy you're expected to just take it, as if it's some sort of punishment for what your ancestors did to theirs.

The concept of "entitlement" is nothing but buck-passing and profiteering off guilt. You should apologize for what other people have done, even if it was before you were even born, and if you're a financial success it's only because you've sewn misery along the way and left suffering minorities in your wake. The idiotic slavery reparations movement is a prime example of the lengths they'll go to create even more division.

As I've mentioned before, If you want their playbook read Rules for Radicals, and the counter for those tactics.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 13, 2016, 07:48 PM

And that's just one example. Surely given the historical record in this country you aren't suggesting the observation is baseless?
There's the racism and planting the seeds for white guilt. Right on cue, great job.

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Oct 13, 2016, 09:48 PM

Well if that's what you got out of the article then I submit you missed the point entirely.
No OAW, you're missing the point.

Do you consider yourself to be "like them" with regard to your behavior? I've never suggested anything of the sort. And neither did the article.
Like who? White people?

I would hope you wouldn't even attempt to contend with this observation. It would have been a WRAP on Obama's presidential aspirations if even an IOTA of the sexually aggressive accusations being leveled against Trump were made against him.
You're saying that because Obama is black, he couldn't have gotten away with any indiscretions without losing the campaign? Convenient for you that it can never be disproven or proven as it's pure conjecture without a semblance of support, phrased as a fact.

You couldn't even conceive it's because Hillary is such a piece of shit that people are willing to overlook those indiscretions since both party's fielded absolutely trash candidates? Hillary's been shown to make a bunch of indiscretions too, and while ya'll ignore them much of country doesn't trust her. Don't you think you all should have picked someone without those indiscretions on her record? Nope, the DNC made sure of it. She's white- don't you think without those indiscretions shed probably be in much better shape?

Nope, it's PROOF to you of racism, as the article states. Because Donald Trump is white. Are you insane?

What does the historical record you refer to have to do with Donald Trump? I'd like to hear it in your own words - not from another source.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 13, 2016, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
There's the racism and planting the seeds for white guilt. Right on cue, great job.

White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard to Talk to White People About Racism

Quite unlike yourself this was written by an actual PhD. She hits the nail right on the head when it comes to your mentality. And she's white too.

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Oct 13, 2016 at 10:42 PM. )

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 13, 2016, 10:13 PM

Like who? White people?
Like people who openly brag about groping women and assume they are all ok with it because of their fame and fortune. But go ahead and pretend that point hasn't already been spelled out.

You're saying that because Obama is black, he couldn't have gotten away with any indiscretions without losing the campaign? Convenient for you that it can never be disproven or proven as it's pure conjecture without a semblance of support, phrased as a fact.
No what I'm saying is that I'd bet a year's salary that all other things being equal ... if Obama had said a fraction of the things that Trump has his presidential campaign would have swiftly gone down the toilet. And you would be an absolute fool to bet against me.

So you can call it "conjecture" all you want. I call it "informed opinion" based upon an historical record going back centuries which reflects disparate treatment for the exact same bad behavior on the basis of race.

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Oct 13, 2016 at 11:14 PM. )

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Oct 14, 2016, 05:54 AM

No what I'm saying is that I'd bet a year's salary that all other things being equal ... if Obama had said a fraction of the things that Trump has his presidential campaign would have swiftly gone down the toilet. And you would be an absolute fool to bet against me.

So you can call it "conjecture" all you want. I call it "informed opinion" based upon an historical record going back centuries which reflects disparate treatment for the exact same bad behavior on the basis of race.

OAW
Thats the good old GOP double standard in action. Look how nuts they went over Michelle Obama's arms, but Melania the naked model and suspected illegal immigrant call girl? Not a damn peep.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Oct 14, 2016, 09:05 AM

Blacks and black culture has created its own problems. Blaming others for your own shortfallings is typical liberal victim mentality. The blacks keep getting corrected by their liberal leaders, but the advice is whats wrong. Blacks are now tools to George Soros. Even Hillarys emails prove it.

Paco500
Professional Poster
Oct 14, 2016, 09:28 AM

Oh OAW you silly, silly black. Will you never learn?

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Oct 14, 2016, 10:47 AM

If any other candidate tried to pull this shit they'd be DOA. Howard Dean went BYAAAAHH into a microphone and he was toast. I posit Trump gets away with it not because he's white, but because he's Trump. Go back two years ago and tell anyone that a presidential candidate is openly and obviously racist, bigoted, sexist, on the record bragging about peeping on naked underage girls and groping women - not conjecture, the candidate's own words - and no one from two years ago would believe you.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 14, 2016, 11:11 AM

It's definitely relative expectations. On the flip side, where Trump benefited from no one thinking he'd debate well because he's unintelligible, most people's believe some part of his sexual allegations because he's been a scum bag forever.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 14, 2016, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
Thats the good old GOP double standard in action. Look how nuts they went over Michelle Obama's arms, but Melania the naked model and suspected illegal immigrant call girl? Not a damn peep.
Precisely.

OAW

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 14, 2016, 11:17 AM

Precisely.

OAW
Oh it's worse than that. Kerry got some shit for his wife being French in 2004.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 14, 2016, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Paco500 View Post

OAW

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 14, 2016, 11:22 AM

And in other news, if you had any remaining doubts about Trump's utter lack of judgement .....

Donald Trump denied requests from his own presidential campaign to research his past, according to a new report.

Trump’s reluctance contributed to his team being largely unprepared for the fallout over his past treatment of women, Bloomberg Politics reported Thursday.

Bloomberg said Trump’s first campaign manager requested he undergo a forensic evaluation before entering the presidential race.

Corey Lewandowski argued the move, which is traditional for public figures seeking office, would help Trump’s team prepare for attacks on the Republican billionaire.

Trump denied Lewandowski a full vetting, however, before ultimately launching his White House run in June 2015.

Lewandowski was allowed to research Trump’s position on the Iraq War, according to people familiar with the campaign’s early days. Trump’s campaign also prepared for the businessman’s past donations to Democrats.

Trump also reportedly barred his later campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, from doing a full investigation as well.

A source told Bloomberg that the Republican National Committee (RNC) did opposition on Trump and the other primary candidates, but didn't turn up anything damaging.

But a 2005 tape emerged last week in which Trump speaks about his failed sexual advances on a married woman and about how his celebrity allows him to grope women. The revelations have rocked his campaign over the past week.

Multiple women have since come forward to accuse the GOP presidential nominee of kissing or groping them without permission.

Trump on Thursday lashed out at his accusers, arguing their accounts are “preposterous, ludicrous and defy logic."

Kellyanne Conway, Trump’s current campaign manager, on Wednesday said she remains unsure what future attacks are looming.

“I don’t know what’s out there,” she said on Fox News. "There’s no way to know what is and isn’t out there."
Trump blocked his campaign from researching him: report | TheHill

OAW

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Oct 14, 2016, 12:16 PM

Like people who openly brag about groping women and assume they are all ok with it because of their fame and fortune. But go ahead and pretend that point hasn't already been spelled out.
So what does that have to do with being white?

I'm not arguing that. I'm taking issue with your assertion that it's PROOF of racism. If the Rebuplicans in 08 or 12 had fielded a candidate as shitty as Hillary is today, Obama could have gotten away with far more than in your hypothetical. Romney was a far more viable candidate than Hillary, and Romney, a white guy, lost the election because of a single indiscretion (his 47% comment). How does this equate to racism, OAW? Obama beat a white guy (twice), and somehow that's racist? Or that equates to a racist election now? The only verifiable racist here is you, buddy. That was your assertion, man up and address your argument with something other than vague references to history and pure conjecture.

Except the white guy Obama beat out had a single indiscretion and paid for it by losing the election. You're going to have to do better than "trust me" if you want to salvage any of your credibility here.

Seriously, answer the question. What does the historical record you speak of have to do with Donald Trump? I don't care what you call it, but you need to connect the dots.
( Last edited by Snow-i; Oct 14, 2016 at 12:23 PM. Reason: clarity)

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Oct 14, 2016, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
Seriously? When have I ever talked about any of that?

Strawman on top of brain damage. I name you partisan shill, Waragainstsleep.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 14, 2016, 12:20 PM

Well, it doesn't apply to you, but there is a notable disconnect between "pussy bow... headlights... hurr, hurr" and "OMFG, bare arms!"

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Oct 14, 2016, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
If any other candidate tried to pull this shit they'd be DOA. Howard Dean went BYAAAAHH into a microphone and he was toast. I posit Trump gets away with it not because he's white, but because he's Trump. Go back two years ago and tell anyone that a presidential candidate is openly and obviously racist, bigoted, sexist, on the record bragging about peeping on naked underage girls and groping women - not conjecture, the candidate's own words - and no one from two years ago would believe you.
Romney said something about 47% of the country never voting for him, and he lost the election to a black guy. But that's racist, because history or something. Can ya'll put together a coherent argument or are you just going to continue this partisan circle jerk? If so I'll bow out now and leave you to your misery.

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Oct 14, 2016, 12:24 PM

Precisely.

OAW
Right, jump on the strawman train. I suppose it's a step up from your previous 2 posts.

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Oct 14, 2016, 12:27 PM

OAW:

You didn't answer this, and cut it out when quoting my posts:

"What does the historical record you refer to have to do with Donald Trump? I'd like to hear it in your own words - not from another source."

Please answer, or you've truly lost my respect for you.

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Oct 14, 2016, 12:40 PM

You too Paco? Am i witnessing the death of intelligent discussion in these forums? Or was I just too optimistic when I thought out of the 5-6 hardcore liberals in these forums one of you might be able to put together at least a 6th grade level argument?

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 14, 2016, 12:59 PM

Quite unlike yourself this was written by an actual PhD. She hits the nail right on the head when it comes to your mentality. And she's white too.

OAW
Social "Science" degrees, you regressives are ****ing hilarious pitiful. I can feel her white guilt from 3000 miles away, all courtesy of the Alinsky method of social destruction. Oh, and my degrees (though not particularly marketable) are real, unlike your 7 years of Latin, professor.

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Oct 14, 2016, 01:07 PM

OAW
I'm not the one having a problem talking about this OAW, you are.

You make wild assertions that racism is abound, then offer precisely nothing in the way of an intelligent argument to connect the dots. I am white, and I would like to discuss this with you, but all you can offer is other people's talking points that do nothing for your original assertion that "white privileged, left unchecked, leads to Donald Trump".

Tell me OAW, what do I need to do to "check myself" to make sure I don't become Donald Trump? Why do you believe I am having trouble talking about this? To me, it's you that seems uncomfortable since you can't seem to come up with your own argument to back up your own claim.

What does the historical record you refer to have to do with this election, and how does being white fit into any of this?

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 14, 2016, 01:19 PM

The poster child for the modern black movement, drink it in:

All the regressive, anti-white propaganda in one short video, just to save you some time.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Oct 14, 2016, 01:38 PM

Can ya'll put together a coherent argument or are you just going to continue this partisan circle jerk? If so I'll bow out now and leave you to your misery.
Ya'll who? What circlejerk are you talking about? I was disagreeing with OAW. Why would you think I'm trying to support him? Oh, is it because I'm in the "liberal" category in your mind, so everything I say must be disagreed with?

andi*pandi
Oct 14, 2016, 01:46 PM

god that guy is annoying, regardless of message. All water is wet, and all words coming out of that guys mouth are annoying.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 14, 2016, 01:56 PM

So what does that have to do with being white?
The point has been made. Repeatedly.

I'm not arguing that.
Well I am. The problem here is that you insist on trying to argue something that has nothing to do with what the article nor I actually said. And I have neither the time nor the inclination go down that rabbit hole with you.

OAW

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Oct 14, 2016, 01:59 PM

Ya'll who? What circlejerk are you talking about? I was disagreeing with OAW. Why would you think I'm trying to support him? Oh, is it because I'm in the "liberal" category in your mind, so everything I say must be disagreed with?
Apologies, Lam, I did not properly separate you from the ya'll (originally i had hoped my first two sentences would make that clear as I was piggybacking it to your point - i apologize for not being more clear especially given our history of disagreement).

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Oct 14, 2016, 02:18 PM

The point has been made. Repeatedly.
No, it hasn't. You just implied some point given "historical reference" and did not connect it to your argument.

Well I am. The problem here is that you insist on trying to argue something that has nothing to do with what the article nor I actually said. And I have neither the time nor the inclination go down that rabbit hole with you.
Credibility with me is now at 0. What's the matter? Can't come up with your own arguments? Come on man.

That's absolute bullshit, OAW. If you don't want to make your arguments, don't post up that worthless bullshit then say "Spot on!" while backtracking the next 6 posts about how only 3 of the sentences in the article, stripped of original context, are your argument.

I hope you're getting paid to shill this hard. At least then I could understand your motive.
Originally Posted by OAW
Couldn't have said it better myself ....

Trump is what happens when white male entitlement goes unchecked | theGrio
Originally Posted by article
Trump and Bush, and many men like them, behave with the knowledge that their wealth, their maleness, and their whiteness allows them to get away with actions most people would find reprehensible.
Please elaborate on what their whiteness has to do with Trump.

But it’s what Trump’s been allowed to get away with doing, further proving that people of color don’t get the same benefit of the doubt, nor are they afforded social graces that white men constantly abuse in the public eye.
I challenged you directly on this assertion, providing both a more reasonable explanation as well as an opportunity for you to explain just how you came to this conclusion. You edited out my question, then stated you already answered it.

Yet when powerful white men are accused or convicted of anything remotely similar, they don’t endure the same damage as their black counterparts.
Based on conjecture (now taken as fact) that one indiscretion by Obama would have cost him the election, despite beating white men on two separate occasions (one of which committed an indiscretion which likely cost him the job).

More often than not, white men and the institutions they dominate work to protect, aid and abet each other, even when they’re embroiled in scandal. And until white male entitlement gets consistently recognized and challenged, people who behave like Trump will continue getting away with murder.

White male entitlement. Please explain to me how to keep my white male entitlement in check. Also, while you're at it, explain to me what white people (the vast, vast majority of which are NOT Trump) have to do with this election. You mentioned historical reference as the reason. Well, explain how because the article doesn't say so and you "couldn't have said it better yourself". Well, here's your chance to say it at all.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 14, 2016, 02:39 PM

OAW:

You didn't answer this, and cut it out when quoting my posts:

"What does the historical record you refer to have to do with Donald Trump? I'd like to hear it in your own words - not from another source."

Please answer, or you've truly lost my respect for you.
The fact that you think that would even remotely impact my day one way or the other is remarkably arrogant of you.

But in any event, since you insist I'll come at it this way when it comes to the historical record:

Blacks use marijuana at the same rate as whites but are 4 times as likely to be arrested for it.

Racial Disparity in Marijuana Arrests | NYTimes.com

Research shows that black students are far more likely to receive much more severe punishment as their white counterparts for the same offense.

Racial Disproportionality in School Discipline: Implicit Bias is Heavily Implicated

Job seekers with African-American or Hispanic sounding names with identical resumes to their white counterparts are far less likely to get a call back when seeking employment.

Do job-seekers with 'white' names get more callbacks than 'black' names? | PunditFact

Black and Latino seeking home loans are denied or approved with higher interest rates at far greater rates than their white counterparts even with identical credit score ranges.

The Unequal Mortgage Market Is No Coincidence | AmericanProgress.org

Well-qualified minority home seekers are shown and told about available housing units for rent and purchase at a far lower rate by real estate agents than their white counterparts.

Paired Testing and the Housing Discrimination Studies

Now that's just a glimpse at some of the historical record. It's the backdrop of the society we live in. There are very obvious racial disparities in situations where they should not exist. Even when you control for other factors. And it's nothing new. It's been like that for decades. Centuries even. But in light of all that you actually want to sit here and find it incredulous for me to say ...

Originally Posted by OAW
Really? No seriously .... really????

So WTF are you talking about how Obama beat Romney? That's not the freaking point! What's being said here is that if Barack Obama ... or any other black politician ... was undeniably on tape talking about grabbing pussies or how he'd be dating a 14 year old in a couple of years his political career would be over. Immediately! Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. The point here is that the double-standard is pretty f*cking obvious.

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Oct 14, 2016 at 03:14 PM. )

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 14, 2016, 02:53 PM

I'm not the one having a problem talking about this OAW, you are.
First of all that post was directed at CTP. But you know that already don't you?

Tell me OAW, what do I need to do to "check myself" to make sure I don't become Donald Trump? Why do you believe I am having trouble talking about this? To me, it's you that seems uncomfortable since you can't seem to come up with your own argument to back up your own claim.
Again. Do you have a history of talking about grabbing pussies in the workplace? A history of perving on young teen girls? No? Well then why do you think this has anything to do with you? The thing that you seem unwilling to accept is that there are TWO issues at play here. The first being sexually aggressive behavior. And the second being race. You keep trying to play this silly little game as if I or the article was trying to say that it is only the latter issue that matters. Like any random white dude going about life minding his business is going to turn into Trump unless his "privilege" is "checked". When that is NOT what the article is saying at all. It should be readily apparent that it is the juxtaposition between these two factors that gives rise to a very obvious double-standard. Which is the subject of the article. And my point. But go ahead and keep pretending that this is simply about somebody being "white".

OAW

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 14, 2016, 03:19 PM

We'll see if this comes to pass ...

Donald Trump is preparing to name Carlos Slim, a Mexican billionaire and part-owner of The New York Times, as the bogeyman behind a raft of sexual harassment and assualt accusations that have emerged this week.

The Wall Street Journal reported late Thursday that the Republican presidential nominee plans to claim that Slim, Mexico's richest man an influential donor to the Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation, cooked up Trump's negative press in order to derail his candidacy.

Together with his family, Slim, a wealthy telecommunications entrepreneur, owns about 17 per cent of the Times. He and his foundation have contributed between $250,000 and $500,000 to the Clinton Foundation.
Trump to blame Carlos Slim for stirring the pot with 'baseless' sex-abuse allegations | Daily Mail Online

Because his own words have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with it.

OAW

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Oct 14, 2016, 04:25 PM

The fact that you think that would even remotely impact my day one way or the other is remarkably arrogant of you.
Touch a nerve, did i?

But in any event, since you insist I'll come at it this way when it comes to the historical record:

Blacks use marijuana at the same rate as whites but are 4 times as likely to be arrested for it.

Racial Disparity in Marijuana Arrests | NYTimes.com
What does this have to do with Donald Trump being white?

Research shows that black students are far more likely to receive much more severe punishment as their white counterparts for the same offense.

Racial Disproportionality in School Discipline: Implicit Bias is Heavily Implicated

Job seekers with African-American or Hispanic sounding names with identical resumes to their white counterparts are far less likely to get a call back when seeking employment.
What does this have to do with Donald Trump?

Do job-seekers with 'white' names get more callbacks than 'black' names? | PunditFact

Black and Latino seeking home loans are denied or approved with higher interest rates at far greater rates than their white counterparts even with identical credit score ranges.

The Unequal Mortgage Market Is No Coincidence | AmericanProgress.org
What does this have to do with Donald Trump, or judging white people by the color of their skin?

Well-qualified minority home seekers are shown and told about available housing units for rent and purchase at a far lower rate by real estate agents than their white counterparts.

Paired Testing and the Housing Discrimination Studies

Now that's just a glimpse at some of the historical record. It's the backdrop of the society we live in. There are very obvious racial disparities in situations where they should not exist. Even when you control for other factors. And it's nothing new. It's been like that for decades. Centuries even. But in light of all that you actually want to sit here and find it incredulous for me to say ...
Blacks are also many times more likely to murder each other in inner cities. What's your point and how does that relate to Donald Trump and white people in general?

What does this have to do with Donald Trump, or white people in general?

Really? No seriously .... really????
Yes.

So WTF are you talking about how Obama beat Romney? That's not the freaking point! What's being said here is that if Barack Obama ... or any other black politician ... was undeniably on tape talking about grabbing pussies or how he'd be dating a 14 year old in a couple of years his political career would be over. Immediately! Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. The point here is that the double-standard is pretty f*cking obvious. p
And i'm asking you to back up the claim that this is racially motivated, which you've utterly failed to do.

I even offered an alternative explanation, which is far more reasonable and is actually backed up by current polling data. Instead, you post a bunch of cherry picked statistics that have jack shit to do with your original point, which is that "white privileged [i.e. white people], left unchecked, leads to Donald Trump". How?

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Oct 14, 2016, 04:31 PM

First of all that post was directed at CTP. But you know that already don't you?
Regardless.

Again. Do you have a history of talking about grabbing pussies in the workplace?
How does my being white have anything to do with this? After all, you've said yourself all white people enjoy white privilege because of institutional racism.

A history of perving on young teen girls? No? Well then why do you think this has anything to do with you? The thing that you seem unwilling to accept is that there are TWO issues at play here. The first being sexually aggressive behavior. And the second being race. You keep trying to play this silly little game as if I or the article was trying to say that it is only the latter issue that matters. Like any random white dude going about life minding his business is going to turn into Trump unless his "privilege" is "checked". When that is NOT what the article is saying at all. It should be readily apparent that it is the juxtaposition between these two factors that gives rise to a very obvious double-standard. Which is the subject of the article. And my point. But go ahead and keep pretending that this is simply about somebody being "white".
But you haven't drawn any connection between Donald Trump's skin color and his behavior. Instead, you implied a causative relationship between being white and acting like an asshole. This is even assuming that you're pure conjecture about election outcomes given a different course of history has any basis in anything other than your own bias against white people.

"Black culture, left unchecked, leads to OJ Simpson". Does that sound racist to you? Sure does to me. It's the same thing you're saying about white people, and it's ****ing racist.

Paco500
Professional Poster
Oct 14, 2016, 04:41 PM

You too Paco? Am i witnessing the death of intelligent discussion in these forums? Or was I just too optimistic when I thought out of the 5-6 hardcore liberals in these forums one of you might be able to put together at least a 6th grade level argument?
Take a deep breath.

This:

Originally Posted by Paco500
Was a response to this:
Originally Posted by BadKosh
Blacks and black culture has created its own problems. Blaming others for your own shortfallings is typical liberal victim mentality. The blacks keep getting corrected by their liberal leaders, but the advice is whats wrong. Blacks are now tools to George Soros. Even Hillarys emails prove it.

Paco500
Professional Poster
Oct 14, 2016, 04:54 PM

Oh, and my degrees (though not particularly marketable) are real.
Don't be ridiculous. Of course they're not.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 14, 2016, 05:00 PM

I don't disagree with the highlighted part above per se. But I don't think it's simply because Trump is some sort of "unique" figure. Don King is just as "flamboyant" and "brash" and a "showman" as Donald Trump. He even endorsed Trump. But I don't think he could get away with it based upon these qualities even if he espoused the same positions. The center of gravity in the GOP has shifted from a coalition of business-oriented country club Republican and socially-conservative evangelical types to alt-right, white nationalist types. He's firmly secured a plurality of the GOP electorate by a combination of his personality and by unabashedly tapping into that alt-right mindset. See the link from a conservative site below. But I get where you are coming from though.

Are Republicans For Freedom Or White Identity Politics? | TheFederalist.com

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Oct 14, 2016 at 05:19 PM. )

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 14, 2016, 05:17 PM

But you haven't drawn any connection between Donald Trump's skin color and his behavior.
Nor was I attempting to.

Instead, you implied a causative relationship between being white and acting like an asshole.
No. I didn't. And I'll try one more time to try to explain to you why this line of argument this is utter and complete BS. The explicit argument being stated by myself and the article ... not "implied" ... is that if the white guy and the black guy both ... I repeat .... BOTH .... "acted like assholes" in the same manner as you put it ... then the black guy's political career would undoubtedly be toast. So how in the hell is that implying sort of "causative relationship" between "being white" and "acting like an asshole"? You realize that makes no sense whatsoever right?

Again. Neither I nor the article said anything like this. In fact, I'm seriously questioning if you even bothered to read the article because nothing in it even remotely suggested this type of nonsense. As in not even a little bit. Now if you want to be all up in your feelings arguing about points never made then have at it. But I won't be repeating myself regarding your deliberate misrepresentations any further.

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Oct 14, 2016 at 06:29 PM. )

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Oct 14, 2016, 06:15 PM

Ben Carson is an asshole and he's still there. Mostly.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 14, 2016, 06:17 PM

Oh, and my degrees (though not particularly marketable) are real,
Uh huh. About the only thing that's "real" about you is your um .... "charming personality".

... unlike your 7 years of Latin, professor.
You know what? If you are going to keep throwing that around then at least get it right. I never claimed any sort of "degree" in Latin despite your repeated "professor" jabs. And it wasn't 7 years ... it was 6. From seventh grade through high school. First mentioned in a Lounge thread titled "Translate phrase into Latin" where a member was requesting assistance ...

Originally Posted by OAW - Feb. 2007
While I studied Latin for 6 years in Junior High and High school .... well let's just say it's been a minute since I've done anything with it directly. Works wonders for one's vocabulary though!

"Caecilius est pater." is about all I could do these days. Might even be able to recall the opening of the Aeneid which we had to memorize for some strange and unknown reason. Arma virumque cano, troiae qui primus ab oris italiam fato profugus laviniaque venit litora blah blah blah .... Don't ask me what it means. Perhaps you can google for a Latin to English translation?

OAW
But I suppose you are so busy being a poser around here that you can't even keep your lame ass "insults" towards me straight.

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Oct 15, 2016 at 12:50 AM. )

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 14, 2016, 08:32 PM

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 15, 2016, 10:36 AM

Don't be ridiculous. Of course they're not.
Oh STFU already, geez. You have the market cornered on ridiculous, the only function you seem to have on this forum is following me around like a lost puppy barking at me (most likely to make yourself feel some type of significance).

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Oct 15, 2016, 10:59 AM

LOL!!! Taking the word from a 'white supremacist' , or even thinking his opinion matters!

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 15, 2016, 11:01 AM

Uh huh. About the only thing that's "real" about you is your um .... "charming personality".
There's not a personality on this forum more odious than yours, except perhaps Pablo's. You've allowed Social Justice into your life and it's turned you into a racist, even to the point that you've flushed the respect of one of the most chill people around (Snow-i), and then doubled-down on it.

You know what? If you are going to keep throwing that around then at least get it right. I never claimed any sort of "degree" in Latin despite your repeated "professor" jabs. And it wasn't 7 years ... it was 6. From seventh grade through high school. First mentioned in a Lounge thread titled "Translate phrase into Latin" where a member was requesting assistance ...
So you lied by omission, trying to make others think that the Latin you took was (at least in part) in college and wasn't entirely in secondary school (which is essentially the same as not taking it at all)? How am I not surprised, you misrepresent everything else (ex. "unchecked privilege turns white men into Trump"), might as well include useless high school classes. I took 4 years of Latin in HS, but I don't tell people that it's somehow part of my formal education.

But I suppose you are so busy being a poser around here that you can't even keep your lame ass "insults" towards me straight.
The **** I care about what you posted 9 years ago, you think I read that? I don't even remember the thread, and why should I? You were the one recently bragging about taking years and years of Latin, and when I assumed that at least some of it was in college you didn't even bother to set the record straight. And you have the gall to say I've made up anything, after I've personally caught you in almost a dozen of these situations? Just when I thought you couldn't become more absurd, you find new limits.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 15, 2016, 02:29 PM

So you lied by omission, trying to make others think that the Latin you took was (at least in part) in college and wasn't entirely in secondary school ....

... The **** I care about what you posted 9 years ago, you think I read that? I don't even remember the thread, and why should I? You were the one recently bragging about taking years and years of Latin, and when I assumed that at least some of it was in college you didn't even bother to set the record straight.
Hmmm. So I "lied" because you "assumed" and I didn't bother to "set the record straight" with respect to your lame-ass jabs at me? As if I'm obligated stop you from digging your own hole deeper!

But since you want to continue to talk sh*t let's "set the record straight". From the "Are we doing enough to stop ISIS?" thread YOU were the one who introduced Latin into the discussion in the first place here:

Originally Posted by OAW - Mar. 2016
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants
Well, that's pure Argumentum Ad Hominem. It's what I expect from you.
This is another example of where you try to use "big words" but you clearly don't understand what they mean ....
Ad Hominem - (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"[1]), short for argumentum ad hominem, is an attack on an argument made by attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, rather than attacking the argument directly.
So how exactly was I "attacking the person" when you were the one who cited an anonymous blog? I have no clue who the writer even is.
And then a couple posts later there was this exchange because YOU just had to try to argue me down on what Ad Hominem means.

Originally Posted by OAW - Mar. 2016
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants
Attacking the source.
Like I said. You clearly don't know what the Latin word "hominem" means. Because it doesn't mean "source". And lest you accuse me of argumentum ad verecundiam ....never mind that I studied Latin for six years so unlike you I actually know what I'm talking about. Just look it up for yourself and perhaps the point might actually register with you.
So yes I did mention that I studied Latin for 6 years an aside. But I also said that I was NOT trying to make an "Argument From Authority" and simply directed you to look up the actual definition of Ad Hominem for yourself. But only in the mind of CTP does that constitute "bragging" on my part! And you've had your panties all in a wad about it ever since. Hence your lame-ass "professor" jabs.

And you have the gall to say I've made up anything ...
So says Mr. Super Wealthy. Mr. Two Wives. Mr. Owner Of Any Exotic Animal Being Discussed. Mr. Current Or Previous Owner Of Any Vehicle Being Discussed. Mr. Law Enforcement Officer. Mr. Charitable Foundation Owner. Mr. PhD in Comparative Religion. Mr. Deacon Of The Coptic Church. Mr; Owner Of A Secret Microfiche*. Mr. Resident Forum Internet Expert On Any And All Thread Topics. And that's just SOME of what I can think of off the top of the dome. We could fill up an entire thread with the things that you've claimed about yourself around here!

You're a regular f*cking "Renaissance Man".

OAW

* - that supposedly proves that the gun control legislation signed by Gov. Reagan in California had nothing whatsoever to do with the Black Panthers conducting armed patrols of the streets of Oakland to combat police brutality ... but instead was the result of some random white dude going on a highway shooting spree. Despite all the historical documentation to the contrary.
( Last edited by OAW; Oct 15, 2016 at 03:02 PM. )

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 15, 2016, 03:14 PM

Things that make Donald Trump angry:

- teleprompters
- mics
- conspiracies
- Mexicans
- Chinese
- Muslims
- Rosie O'Donnell
- people that don't like sexual abuse
- people that don't think he's the best at stuff
- seagulls (probably)
- crying babies (probably)
- BadKosh and Chongo (I heard from good sources that he really hates them badly. These sources advise Trump, so they are great)

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Oct 15, 2016, 03:18 PM

You forgot to add "Hillary not in jail".

Coincidentally, if that'a all that President Trump would achieve, it would have been worth it

-t

Forum Links
Forum Rules