Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Store is down...

Store is down... (Page 7)
DakarĘ’
Professional Poster
Aug 15, 2007, 12:26 PM

I wonder how long till we give Kerrigan his first aneurysm.

Super Mario
Aug 15, 2007, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Some of us have a conscience.
bwahaha
( Last edited by Super Mario; Jan 10, 2018 at 03:07 PM. )

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 15, 2007, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
I'm not thinking about Prey; I'm thinking about Prey 2. When I bought my old 400 MHz iMac, it was good enough for Starcraft, which was out at the time. Then the next year, Warcraft 3 came out, and all of a sudden my passable computer couldn't play my new game at all. $50 wasted on a game that I thought my relatively recent computer should be able to play acceptably.

By the way, I do own a Wii. The software selection isn't really comparable.
Let's deal with some facts. Computers change rapidly, and sometimes you get stuck holding a piece of software that doesn't work. That's not Apple's fault; it's not the game maker's fault, and it's not your fault. Like the bumper sticker says: Sh1t Happens, or politically correctly, that's life. You take your lumps and move on. The next fact is that Apple obviously is doing a pretty damn good job at figuring out who their market is, as they're sales are going nowhere but up. The next fact is that I've sold literally thousands of Macs over the years, and I could count on my ten fingers and ten toes the number of people who have expressed a concern over the video card that's in an iMac. When that situation arose, I asked what they were playing, did my research (I'm not a gamer), and if there wasn't a Mac that would run what they wanted to run, I'd tell them to either get a PC or a game machine.

You'll never stay up to date with the latest technology, unless you buy a new computer every time something changes, and that's the cold hard facts of the situation, and whining about what Apple did or didn't do in the newest model doesn't change any facts.
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

Super Mario
Aug 15, 2007, 03:40 PM

I wish some of you guys would believe me more often when I talk

Faster under Windows than OS X and holds up very well against the Geforce 7600 at highest resolutions (ok so faster CPU but these are GPU intensive)

The next lot of benchmarks is against 3Ghz Mac Pros with 1900XT and Quadro FX 5400.

Killer Cinebench flyby. Beats the 8 core Mac Pro with the Quadro

Killer in Motion too.

Not bad at all.

At Imaginator it beats the 8 core Mac Pro with the Quadro.

( Last edited by Super Mario; Jan 10, 2018 at 03:07 PM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules