Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > US terrorists attack Iraqi family in car

US terrorists attack Iraqi family in car
Lysistrata
Banned
Jan 19, 2005, 02:51 PM

US 'Foreign Fighters' shoot at car full of Iraqis:

Having successfully killed the mother and father, the terrorists order the 5 other passengers out of the car:

Covered in their own and their parents blood, the children emerge from the car. The foreign fighters conceal their faces:

The children escape certain death due to the presence of a photographer, whilst the evidence of murder is wheeled away:

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jan 19, 2005, 03:01 PM

And we know the "parents" weren't terrorists? We know they weren't transporting weapons and using the kids as shields? We know that they didn't run through a checkpoint or didn't pull a weapon on the soldiers?

A lot can be deduced from those images, not just your story.

OR

The soldiers showed up after some other Iraqi attacked them (which is much more likely).
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Jan 19, 2005, 03:21 PM

Taking photos out of contest... very interesting viewpoint.

Curios Meerkat
Forum Regular
Jan 19, 2005, 03:51 PM

How are the pictures "out of contest"?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/h...far/html/1.stm

�somehow we find it hard to sell our values, namely that the rich should plunder the poor. - J. F. Dulles

placebo1969
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 19, 2005, 03:54 PM

Originally posted by Curios Meerkat:
How are the pictures "out of contest"?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/h...far/html/1.stm
You forgot this from the link:
US soldiers in Iraq approach a car after opening fire when it failed to stop at a checkpoint. Despite warning shots it continued to drive towards their dusk patrol in Tal Afar on 18 January.

placebo1969
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 19, 2005, 03:55 PM

Originally posted by placebo1969:
You forgot this from the link:
US soldiers in Iraq approach a car after opening fire when it failed to stop at a checkpoint. Despite warning shots it continued to drive towards their dusk patrol in Tal Afar on 18 January.
Oops you forgot this too:
A soldier carries one of the children into the hospital while an older sister carries her brother.

Curios Meerkat
Forum Regular
Jan 19, 2005, 03:57 PM

No I didn't forget that -- I simply linked to the page, without quoting it.

You forgot to quote:

A US military statement said troops trying to stop the car used hand signals and fired warning shots before firing directly at the car, killing the driver and front seat passenger.

Funny that you first (falsely) accuse me of selective quoting, then proceed doing exactly that.

�somehow we find it hard to sell our values, namely that the rich should plunder the poor. - J. F. Dulles

placebo1969
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 19, 2005, 04:00 PM

No I didn't forget that -- I simply linked to the page, without quoting it.

You forgot to quote:

A US military statement said troops trying to stop the car used hand signals and fired warning shots before firing directly at the car, killing the driver and front seat passenger.
I dont' know why, but I'm tired of this stuff that goes on here. They fired warning shots and then after it didn't stop at the checkpoint, they fired into it.

You're right however, I should have been more specific when I said, "you." I mainly was referring to the original poster, Lysistrata. I don't know about you, but his captions to the photos are way out of line.

placebo1969
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 19, 2005, 04:01 PM

Funny that you first (falsely) accuse me of selective quoting, then proceed doing exactly that.
This didn't seem to be part of my above quote. I was referring mainly to Lysistrata. My apologies.

Salah al-Din
Banned
Jan 19, 2005, 04:21 PM

I dont' know why, but I'm tired of this stuff that goes on here. They fired warning shots and then after it didn't stop at the checkpoint, they fired into it.
Is this from the same source(US government) that claimed that Iraq had WMD's?

BoomStick
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 19, 2005, 04:28 PM

From the article it is either a tragic, stupid accident or someone was intentionally trying to martyr their family.

Thanks for the entertaining pix though.

Curios Meerkat
Forum Regular
Jan 19, 2005, 04:44 PM

Originally posted by BoomStick:
Thanks for the entertaining pix though.
We know you enjoy looking at pictures of dead "stinkinmooslems" (as you like to call them).

May God have mercy on you.

BoomStick
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 19, 2005, 04:58 PM

It's spelled with a z and not an s.

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Jan 19, 2005, 04:59 PM

This didn't seem to be part of my above quote. I was referring mainly to Lysistrata. My apologies.
Frankly, I don't know why I go into Lysistrata threads anymore. Lysistrata, and his older alias perryp (I find 'Lysistrata' to be a fascinating choice of new alias), are known for exactly this sort of thing: quoting out of context and selectively cherry-picking facts to paint their targets -typically Americans, Israelis, or Jews in general- in the most negative possible light.

If you go through my posting history, you'll find that while I don't shy away from strong accusations and language if I see cause, "anti-American" and "anti-Semitic" are not terms I use lightly. I do not believe that everyone who disagrees with the US is anti-American, nor do I believe that everyone who disagrees with Israel is anti-Semitic. However, these terms have been so polluted by knee-jerkers on the left and right alike that I don't dare use them unless I am damn sure that the target actually hates America or actually harbors a hatred of Jews. To do otherwise is to invite flamewars and hurt feelings.

I have been on these boards for over four years, and I have only ever been sure enough about one person's beliefs to use these terms about them, and that is the person who now goes by Lysistrata. I really shouldn't bother taking this person seriously anymore, I suppose.
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

Joshua
Mac Elite
Jan 19, 2005, 07:42 PM

Can vBulletin be configured / hacked in some way to show all the usernames posting from the same IP?
Safe in the womb of an everlasting night
You find the darkness can give the brightest light.

Salah al-Din
Banned
Jan 19, 2005, 07:47 PM

Originally posted by Joshua:
Can vBulletin be configured / hacked in some way to show all the usernames posting from the same IP?
Feedback Forum

And some people use the same proxy so that would do little good IMO.

Lysistrata  (op)
Banned
Jan 19, 2005, 07:49 PM

Millennium's comment is certainly ironic given the blatant racist who posted before him. Somehow I doubt real hatred towards Muslims has as much importance for Millennium as imagined hatred against Americans. Just a sign of the times.

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Jan 19, 2005, 08:17 PM

Originally posted by Lysistrata:
Millennium's comment is certainly ironic given the blatant racist who posted before him.
Who, BoomStick? He seemed to be replying to someone who accused him of using the term "stinkinmoozlems", to use his supposedly-corrected spelling. After running through multiple searches on the original term, his correction, and every variation thereon I could think of, I could not find it anywhere on these boards. I can only assume that his post was not sincere. In poor taste, perhaps, but without any record of him having ever used that phrase I cannot accuse him of racism.

Not that racism would be the correct term here anyway, given that Islam is not a race. The correct term -or as close as there is to one- would be "religion-based bias" or something to that effect.
Somehow I doubt real hatred towards Muslims has as much importance for Millennium as imagined hatred against Americans. Just a sign of the times.
Oh, real hatred towards Muslims would be just as important to me as hatred for anyone else. But I have not seen anything to convince me of his hate, whereas I've seen more than enough to convince me of yours.

Curios Meerkat
Forum Regular
Jan 19, 2005, 08:45 PM

Originally posted by BoomStick [aka Mars_Attack or Mars_Attacks] here, referring to the Asian tsunami disaster :
Allah has spoken!

He has cleansed the area of stinkin moozlem trash.

Go Allah!!!
He had been banned here before because of such "religion-based" slurs, then came back with a different username. I hope you understand now the disgusting meaning of his last posts on this board better.

[edited to add: I wouldn't have cared much about all this, but I wanted to dispel Milleniums doubts regarding my sincerity. I respectfully disagree with him on many issues, but I agree with him on this and others.]
( Last edited by Curios Meerkat; Jan 19, 2005 at 09:13 PM. )

BoomStick
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 19, 2005, 09:24 PM

That wasn't posted here.

Why don't you dig a little deeper.

I'm staying within the rules, you are the one posting hatred.

May Allah have pity on you.

Clue: Islam isn't a race.

Lysistrata  (op)
Banned
Jan 20, 2005, 08:43 AM

Seems like my point still stands. 'Boomstick' hates Muslims and Millennium is his loyal defender.

BoomStick
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 20, 2005, 09:23 AM

I don't "hate" muslims.

I yank on the chains of hateful troublemaking posters.

My best friend who is an ex Iraqi Mig pilot is a muslim.
He was given asylum here and is now a full citizen and loves it here.

We love to go fly together and he teaches me fighter tactics in my cessna 172.

So get off of it.

Mac Guru
Mac Elite
Jan 20, 2005, 09:26 AM

You've never addressed the out of context pictures. Why would you come in here and post pictures and make up your own story? I read all the information I could get that was a part of those pictures and NOTHING tells me that the US soldiers were 'terrorists' stricking at a helpless, poor muslim family.

They bypassed a checkpoint without stopping, EVERYONE knows you get waved down, then warning shots, then DEAD.

Get over yourself. If you live in America, please do us a favor and leave, and take your hatred for my country with you.

Lysistrata  (op)
Banned
Jan 20, 2005, 09:45 AM

Seems excusing American terrorism is acceptable around here.

I don't "hate" muslims.
Here's some more comments from 'Boomstick'.

Thanks for the entertaining pix though. (pictures of dead Muslims)

The Iraqui Natonal guard are the only ones allowed to enter and clean the cockroaches out of the mosques. (cockroach was a common Nazi term for Jews)

Too bad.

We went in and are stomping the crap out of those cockroaches.

Good riddance cockroach.

Should a man get the peace price for killing innocent civilians?

Or is it enough to just kill muslims?

Allah responded with a tsunami. Allah is truly great.

Don't you have to go see haji or something like that to worship the Big Brick� idol then throw rocks at the Devil�.

He's a poacher.

It's rampant with immigrants that have no regard with our laws.

BoomStick
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 20, 2005, 10:18 AM

Oh please.

Salah al-Din
Banned
Jan 20, 2005, 10:23 AM

Wonder what the response would be if the same comments were made about..... hmmmm..... let's say Jews.

How long would it take for that person to then get banned? 5 seconds?

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jan 20, 2005, 10:51 AM

Originally posted by Salah al-Din:
Wonder what the response would be if the same comments were made about..... hmmmm..... let's say Jews.

How long would it take for that person to then get banned? 5 seconds?
If a Jew (or anyone, really) ran a US checkpoint, ignored shouts and warning shots, they'd be dead too.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Salah al-Din
Banned
Jan 20, 2005, 10:53 AM

Originally posted by MacNStein:
If a Jew (or anyone, really) ran a US checkpoint, ignored shouts and warning shots, they'd be dead too.
According to the US government statement. The same US government that said that Iraq had WMD's.

But thanks for trying to ignore my point though.

BoomStick
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 20, 2005, 10:55 AM

What point?

Other than your constant whining.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jan 20, 2005, 11:01 AM

According to the US government statement. The same US government that said that Iraq had WMD's.

I'm not ignoring your "point", because you don't have one... unless you count the one under your hat.
- Thomas Paine

Salah al-Din
Banned
Jan 20, 2005, 11:09 AM

I'm hoping you have the capacity to understand hints so here it goes.

The aftermath of a suicide bombing in Israel

Thanks for the entertaining pic.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jan 20, 2005, 11:13 AM

*SNIP*

bye bye
- Thomas Paine

Salah al-Din
Banned
Jan 20, 2005, 11:20 AM

Originally posted by MacNStein:
bye bye
and what's the difference between that and what Boomstick did earlier in the thread?

Lysistrata  (op)
Banned
Jan 20, 2005, 11:22 AM

and what's the difference between that and what Boomstick did earlier in the thread?
Bigotry against Muslims is not only acceptable, but encouraged, in this forum.

BoomStick
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 20, 2005, 11:23 AM

May Allah show mercy on you on your day of judgement.

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Jan 20, 2005, 12:24 PM

During Vietnam, there was one particular story that ultra liberals shoved down the governments throats. It was a story of a US soldiers shooting an unarmed child.

It ran over and over...

What the news DIDN'T report was the day before, a child strapped with a bomb, killed seven or eight soldiers at the same checkpoint.

The original posters thread title is completely biased.

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Jan 20, 2005, 12:26 PM

I guess this will be your battle cry for the next few years.

Just because the government was proven wrong doesn't mean it's fundamentally flawed as you seem to assume.

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Jan 20, 2005, 12:37 PM

Seems like my point still stands. 'Boomstick' hates Muslims and Millennium is his loyal defender.
'Loyal defender'? In truth, I wasn't aware of his comments, nor did I have any reason to be aware of them, given that they were all posted either under other aliases with no obvious connection or posted on boards I don't visit. It appears that there were comments in channels I weren't aware of, however, and Curious Meerkat has my thanks for pointing them out. It's certainly better than anything you have done.

Does BoomStick truly hate Muslims? I don't know. His tasteless jokes certainly indicate a lack of respect, but I haven't seen anything that would indicate real hatred. I've yet to see anything that would indicate a sincere desire to eradicate or gravely endanger Muslims as a group.

It is, of course, possible that I am being deceived, or that there is something that I have not found. I invite his opponents to show me anything they can find. But do be aware that while I believe jokes to demonstrate a lack of respect, true hatred requires sincerity.

As for you, BoomStick, you really should lay off the jokes. They're not cool, and they're not funny to anyone but you. If nothing else, they're extremely rude.

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Jan 20, 2005, 12:39 PM

That's not true, Lysistrata, and you know it.

BoomStick
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 20, 2005, 12:56 PM

I will lay off the rude, tasteless responses.

I hope our muslem friends will lay off the blatant hatred and twisting of other's words to suit their own agenda.

Lysistrata  (op)
Banned
Jan 20, 2005, 12:58 PM

Originally posted by Millennium:
That's not true, Lysistrata, and you know it.
Oh, is Boomstick banned then? Pathetic.

Salah al-Din
Banned
Jan 20, 2005, 01:01 PM

I will lay off the rude, tasteless responses.

I hope our muslem friends will lay off the blatant hatred and twisting of other's words to suit their own agenda.
What blatant hatred and what twisting of words?

Or did you throw that out there just to keep up the appearence?

BoomStick
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 20, 2005, 01:02 PM

Oh please, don't throw rocks in glass houses.

You were blatantly spouting hate and trying to start trouble.
When it bit you, you went screaming for mama.

Salah al-Din
Banned
Jan 20, 2005, 01:06 PM

Oh please, don't throw rocks in glass houses.

You were blatantly spouting hate and trying to start trouble.
When it bit you, you went screaming for mama.
I was? Where?

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jan 20, 2005, 01:06 PM

I'm shocked. I've never heard of a muslim terrorist... I've heard of pieces of sh*t who claim to be muslim. However, since a real muslim would never consider hurting any innocent people, we can't be talking about them, can we?

So, what does that leave? The Arab terrorists in the ME? Yeah, if you don't want to hear any of us slur those worthless pigs, you'd better leave now.
- Thomas Paine

BoomStick
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 20, 2005, 01:10 PM

I was? Where?
I was refering to Lysistrata.

However YOU were the one entertained by the pic of the injured Israeli child that YOU troll posted.
( Last edited by BoomStick; Jan 20, 2005 at 01:15 PM. )

Salah al-Din
Banned
Jan 20, 2005, 01:11 PM

I was refering to Lysistrata.
How about answering my questions then?

BoomStick
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 20, 2005, 01:17 PM

What questions?

The pics at the beginning of the thread are clearly troll posts and asking for conflict.

The captions are twisted from the article and are blatant LIES.

You know it's aginst Islam to lie.

Lysistrata  (op)
Banned
Jan 20, 2005, 01:19 PM

A reminder of the 'jokes' told by Boomstick and defended by Millennium:

He has cleansed the area of stinkin moozlem trash.

Thanks for the entertaining pix though. (pictures of dead Muslims)

The Iraqui Natonal guard are the only ones allowed to enter and clean the cockroaches out of the mosques. (cockroach was a common Nazi term for Jews)

Too bad.

We went in and are stomping the crap out of those cockroaches.

Good riddance cockroach.

Should a man get the peace price for killing innocent civilians?

Or is it enough to just kill muslims?

Allah responded with a tsunami. Allah is truly great.

Don't you have to go see haji or something like that to worship the Big Brick� idol then throw rocks at the Devil�.

He's a poacher.

It's rampant with immigrants that have no regard with our laws.

To believe these to be 'jokes' you have to find them funny. If they were told about anyone else, it would result in immediate banning.. Muslims are fair game. Hatred of Muslims is, after all, only a joke. And Millennium the moderator does nothing but encourage it.

Salah al-Din
Banned
Jan 20, 2005, 01:20 PM

However YOU were the one entertained by the pic of the injured Israeli child that YOU troll posted.
I was? Did you miss the first part of that post about it being a hint? Does that mean you enjoyed seeing those kids covered in the parents blood?

And here are the questions I asked you.

What blatant hatred and what twisting of words?

Or did you throw that out there just to keep up the appearence?

Forum Links
Forum Rules