Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > iLife just arrived

iLife just arrived
wludavid
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 16, 2004, 11:26 AM

The FedEx guy just delivered it! Unfortunately, I don't have a combo drive in my iBook, just a cdrom, so I can't install all GarageBand's loops. I'll just have to wait until my girlfriend gets here tomorrow with her powerbook so I can copy the files to my computer.

David

druber
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 16, 2004, 12:15 PM

Are the GarageBand loops and iDVD files on a separate DVD, then, with the rest on a CD? Have you installed any of the other apps? You get no glory for getting it first if you don't post some dirt.
Help find a cure for Malaria: crunch D2OL for Team Macnn.

joltguy
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 16, 2004, 03:12 PM

Lucky you, you got it already!

I pre-ordered mine on the 10th. I just checked the FedEx tracker and it says expected delivery is the 19th! I thought for sure Apple would have made sure I got it today (release day).

darcybaston
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 16, 2004, 04:20 PM

I ordered on the 6th and I'm looking at a 19th arrival date too.
Macbook (white glossy) 2.16GHz | 4GB RAM | 7200RPM HD | 10.5.x

wludavid  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 18, 2004, 06:28 PM

Druber - sorry for the late reply. It's been a looong weekend. Anyways, the installer itself is on the dvd, not just the loops and instruments. So you need a dvd drive to load it. If there's not one in your computer, make an image with another computer and put it on yours. Open up the image on your computer and install as usual.

I played with garageband a little on my g3 700. It has trouble keeping up with some of the loops if I add too many tracks. Time for a faster proc.

D

joltguy
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 19, 2004, 09:44 AM

I just checked FedEx and it seems as though delivery has been pushed back to before noon on the 20th.

darcybaston
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 19, 2004, 10:03 AM

I know the feeling joltguy! But, although FedEx says that on my page, the package is 3 hours away from me and it was so at 1:30 am. Maybe in the last 8 hours it got a little farther than FedEx's update page says since it only updates once every 12 hours. At least for me.
Macbook (white glossy) 2.16GHz | 4GB RAM | 7200RPM HD | 10.5.x

Forum Links
Forum Rules