Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > non-functioning headphone jack

non-functioning headphone jack
reidzor
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 7, 2009, 03:08 PM

I have a 30 gb iPod video. About a year ago I started noticing issues with the sound quality. Thinking it was my headphones, I bought a new pair and to my surprise was still faced with the same issue, no sound would emit from the headphone jack. I've tried resetting the device, wiped it clean and started from scratch, thinking maybe it needed to be reformatted. That didn't work either. I just recently went to my local (if you can call 2 hours away local) apple store and asked what it would cost to repair the headphone jack. The answer to my question was a bit unnerving, $150 to repair the jack as it meant replacing the entire "board" inside the device. I've been looking around the net to see if i could find a tape adapter that has the 30 pin dock/charging connector on it, but haven't been able to find one. Anyone have any suggestions? I've been looking at maybe just buying a new stereo for my car with a dock in it, but I'm curious if there are any other solutions. Thanks in advance for the help.

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Sep 10, 2009, 09:01 PM

Simple solution: buy the $50 iPod Radio Remote. It gives you a new headphone jack that pulls its sound from the dock connector.

Forum Links
Forum Rules