Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > Interest Check - PowerBook 1400cs/166

Interest Check - PowerBook 1400cs/166
ThePowerToBurn
Forum Regular
May 30, 2004, 12:39 PM

I've got a real nice 1400 that I'm thinking of selling so that I can by a nice Pismo or an early G4 PB. Anyways, here are the specs

PowerBook 1400cs/166
1.3GB HD
64MB Ram (Max)
12x CD-ROM Module (Fastest available)
1.44Mb Floppy Module
Original AC Adaptor
Battery hold a great charge, right around 2 hours.
Clear and black book covers
The original artwork for the clear cover
Original software install CD
OS 8.1 right now (Can install any OS)
2 PCMCIA slots
6.7lbs is what MacTracker says
1 ADB
1 Serial
1 HDI-30 SCSI
Infrared
Probably be able to throw in a Global Village Power Port Platinum Pro PCMCIA card and dongal. It has a 28,800bps modem and 10base-T ethernet.
I also have a Lucent Technologies WaveLAN Silver wireless card for it. I was told that it was flash with a Gold card's software. I would sell this extra. (Works in OS 8.1)

There is only one slight problem with this laptop. The little latch that hold the screen broke off. It's not noticeable from the outside or anything. But the hinges on the screen are still good so they hold the screen down all the way.

If I were to sell this, I'd want around $175 for it. But if there is any interest in it, we could work out a price.

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
May 30, 2004, 09:34 PM

If you want that price you really should consider eBay.
That has no G3 upgrade so I doubt many people here would be able to make use of it. People here know too much about Macs and will low ball you, maybe with reason, but since you want to upgrade you are better off selling to less informed consumers.
It is going to be a long shot to get anywhere close to that price from anyone here. With some pretty pictures and a lot of info you should be able to get that price on eBay.

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

Forum Links
Forum Rules