Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Buying New MB

Buying New MB
melloyellochelle
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 13, 2006, 06:24 PM

Well, I'm currently living in Ankara, Turkey. I teach third grade. My iBook just crashed and I've been blessed with the means to get a new MacBook. But I have a few questions before leaving Turkey and going to the States - where I will make my new purchase!

1. I am a teacher. But I teach overseas. Do I still qualify for an education discount? If so, what do I need to show my eligibility?

2. Do you think there will be a problem getting the MB right away? Like, will most stores have them in the store next week? It's a few days before Christmas, or I might wait til right after Christmas, but either way, there's a rush. Just thought I'd get your thoughts.

3. Recommend any upgrades or anything special for a teacher, big time traveller, and music/photo lover? I do plan to make iMovies and such.

OK, thanks! Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I haven't even seen the new MB in person. But I'm sold, and in love, already!

C.A.T.S. CEO
Professional Poster
Dec 13, 2006, 07:00 PM

All Apple Stores will have MacBooks. You will also need a lot of ram
Signature depreciated.

Peter
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 13, 2006, 10:09 PM

1) Ring them
2) Ring before hand, cant hurt to check!
3) Office 2004 Student/Teacher edition = $129 or something REALLY cheap and flickr! Welcome to Flickr - Photo Sharing for photos.
Oh and get a sleeve if you travel.
Try to go for 2gb ram, but im sure 1gb will suffice. (2gb rocks though)
we don't have time to stop for gas

stefanicotine
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 14, 2006, 06:41 AM

If you order online you don't actually have to prove that you qualify for an education discount, but you didn't hear it from me
 Certified AppleCare Technician

Forum Links
Forum Rules