Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > 10.3.9 Frameworks Folder replacement

10.3.9 Frameworks Folder replacement
Botaygehn
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 14, 2010, 01:31 PM

When installing a custom driver I accidentally over wrote my Frameworks folder instead of adding on to it. Now I cannot install from bin files, find the terminal or access the System reading program. :/. Worst of all I cannot find my OSX panther disk. Can someone (Privately of course) send me a upload of the original Frameworks folder? If this is against the rules, It seems kind of on the edge, is there another way to fix this problem without the disk?

Botaygehn  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 14, 2010, 06:08 PM

I know I should not double post, but I also had a question. If the Frameworks folder disappears, can the utility folder go with it?

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Mar 14, 2010, 06:53 PM

No, I don't think overwriting one folder should ever cause another folder in a very different place to be overwritten too. That would be a reprehensible bug.

My old iBook has Panther, but it would be a bit of a pain to deal with it. If you can't find anyone to send you the folder let me know, though, and I'll see what I can do.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Botaygehn  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 14, 2010, 09:39 PM

So far no luck. If you would kindly do that, that would be great. If you can, grab the utilities folder, if it is not too large. The Frameworks is the most important though.

Hal Itosis
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 15, 2010, 01:29 AM

Sorry to be "that poster" but —once you get this wrinkle ironed out —you may want to rethink your backup strategy.
-HI-

Botaygehn  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 15, 2010, 03:52 PM

Ha, thanks for the incredibly helpful post.
Nah, I know I need to back things up, This is my first mac and I have only had it for a week, so I am still figuring things out.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Mar 15, 2010, 07:48 PM

Well, you've managed to do more damage in a week than I have in twenty years.

RESPECT!

Botaygehn  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 15, 2010, 07:55 PM

I know, I must be some kind of mac destruction god.... Too bad I like them or I could do A LOT of damage.

Forum Links
Forum Rules