Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > MobileMe Folder/Alias Syncing Question

MobileMe Folder/Alias Syncing Question
Koralatov
Senior User
Jan 17, 2009, 04:40 PM

I’ve got some files I’m working on with my MBP that I’d like to sync to my MobileMe iDisk so I can edit them using another machine while the ProBook is in for repair. However, I’d like to the leave the files in their original folder on my MBP (I’m slightly OCD about my folders).

My question is this: if I put an alias for the folder in question in the “Documents” folder of my iDisk, will it sync the files inside said folder, or just the alias?

Apologies if my question isn’t clear — it makes perfect sense in my head, but I’m finding it hard to explain.

Koralatov  (op)
Senior User
Jan 18, 2009, 06:48 AM

I got an answer; I popped an alias in the iDisk folder, synced, then went over and set up an account on my girlfriend’s MBA and punched in my MobileMe details.

Unfortunately, it only synced the alias, not the files in question. Oh well.

Forum Links
Forum Rules