Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > Tap to click not working in some applications in Bootcamp

Tap to click not working in some applications in Bootcamp
The Placid Casual
Professional Poster
Apr 29, 2010, 09:49 AM

System: Alu Macbook c2d 2.4ghz (late 2008)
Bootcamp version 3/3.1 (Latest)
Windows Vista SP2

OK, insignificant problem, but to explain;

I have the Bootcamp control panel installed in Windows, and for the last 5 months, all has worked perfectly. 'Tap to click' has never had any problems anywhere in Windows, or applications.
__________________________________________________ ____

For the last few months I have run a game, Championship Manager 01/02 under Windows XP, in OS X 10.6, via VMWare 2. No issues at all, other than it wasn't the fastest. Tap to click worked fine.

A few days ago I gave my disks of VMWare and Vista to a family member as I didn't need them anymore, and planned to delete them both from my system. I then booted into Bootcamp where I run Vista SP2, and installed CM 01/02 directly onto the Windows system.

All worked and installed fine.... other than 'tap to click' does not work at all! I have to physically 'click' the keypad, which sucks, is loud, and is a real pain.

I rechecked in XP under VMWare, and it works there, so I reinstalled under Windows Vista in Bootcamp, and again, no go.

I am just wondering if anyone may be able to tell me why this would happen just in this one application, and how I can go about fixing it!

TIA

Marc

Forum Links
Forum Rules