Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > My Dog Was Attacked

My Dog Was Attacked (Page 2)
Railroader
Banned
Nov 17, 2007, 01:20 PM

Sorry about your dog Tavilach. I hope she gets better. Dogs and cats can get to be close members of the family. My grandmother's dog just died of cancer, it was just her and the dog living together. The dog brought tremendous joy to her life. If another dog had attack it and hurt it the way your dog has been, I am sure various members of my family would be pressing charges.

I hope she heals as good as new!

abe
Professional Poster
Nov 17, 2007, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by StrengthDesign View Post
Just saying. That's like sending your kid to school with a stupid haircut, bad clothes, and a kick me sign, then acting suprised when he gets his ass kicked.
That's like coming here and insulting a beloved member of this forum in an obvious time of grief then acting suprised when you gets your ass kicked, you suck ass.

America should know the political orientation of government officials who might be in a position to adversely influence the future of this country. http://tinyurl.com/4vucu5

abe
Professional Poster
Nov 17, 2007, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
I fully agree. We should not only use guns to protect ourselves.

I also recommend taking a gun to McDonalds, just in case the food suxx.
And to Wal-Mart, just in case their customer service stinks.

But please do so only in Amaraca !!1!11one

-t
Crawl back inside your shell.
America should know the political orientation of government officials who might be in a position to adversely influence the future of this country. http://tinyurl.com/4vucu5

Rumor
Nov 17, 2007, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Railroader View Post
Sorry about your dog Tavilach. I hope she gets better. Dogs and cats can get to be close members of the family. My grandmother's dog just died of cancer, it was just her and the dog living together. The dog brought tremendous joy to her life. If another dog had attack it and hurt it the way your dog has been, I am sure various members of my family would be pressing charges.

I hope she heals as good as new!
I had to put down my St. Bernard earlier this year due to cancer. Usually, my girlfriend looks to me for emotional support but I cried like a baby. She was 12.

Tav, when you get home, coddle her. At least you know she will recover.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

Railroader
Banned
Nov 17, 2007, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Rumor View Post
I had to put down my St. Bernard earlier this year due to cancer. Usually, my girlfriend looks to me for emotional support but I cried like a baby. She was 12.

Tav, when you get home, coddle her. At least you know she will recover.
I completely understand.

We had to give up our dogs early this summer. A blue merle collie and a grey hound/lab mix. The positions we took with an organization prohibit dogs over 30 lbs. A nice girl with another blue merle collie took ours and a good friend who just put his greater Swiss mountain dog down took our grey hound/lab. The friend was very thankful. I could tell he and his family took losing their other dog quite hard. Luckily I still get to see our old dog every couple months at his house.

We will be getting another dog soon. We haven't settled on a breed. I like a sheltie or a pug. My wife wants an Italian grey hound or whippet.

Cold Warrior
Nov 17, 2007, 11:31 PM

whippets are fun, and the ones I've seen have nice personalities

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Nov 18, 2007, 12:23 AM

We will be getting another dog soon. We haven't settled on a breed. I like a sheltie or a pug. My wife wants an Italian grey hound or whippet.
Get a westie!

Mine is great (see?)...

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 18, 2007, 12:26 AM

LOL wtf's with the red coat??

cute pics though. how is (his or hers?) temperament?

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Nov 18, 2007, 12:35 AM

The red coat is for my niece, who I get to see this next week for Thanksgiving. My wife started throwing clothes on her, and we couldn't stop laughing. Apple (my dog...yes, it's pathetic) wouldn't squirm or anything; she just sat there.

She has a wonderful temperament. She's very playful in the mornings, but she is extremely lovable. She loves everyone and nearly licks them to death. There's nothing on earth sweeter than when she gets sleepy, for the record.

My nephews (1, 3, and 7) all love her, and she's really gentle with the youngest one. Almost protective over him, really.

I have a ton of pics of her on Flickr: Apple

On topic: pit bulls don't deserve to be called "dogs." I've never had a good encounter with one.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 18, 2007, 12:44 AM

remember that dog food commercial where they have a dog look up at the camera when the food was being served? or something like that. this pic reminded me of that:

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Nov 18, 2007, 12:48 AM

My roommate just got registered Pug a couple weeks ago. She has a great temperament and is mostly house trained.

tavilach  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 18, 2007, 01:15 AM

I highly recommend standard poodles .
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." -Archimedes

StrengthDesign
Banned
Nov 18, 2007, 02:42 AM

I completely understand.

We had to give up our dogs early this summer. A blue merle collie and a grey hound/lab mix. The positions we took with an organization prohibit dogs over 30 lbs.
WTF kind of organization is that? Nazi regime? WTF dude. What would 'joining a group' have to do with owning a dog?

StrengthDesign
Banned
Nov 18, 2007, 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by Jawbone54 View Post
Get a westie!
One of my friend's mom's bought one. For $1500 ****ing dollars. No offense, but I think I'd rather get a dog from the pound than support some puppy mill cranking out expensive little furballs that are likely to have more health problems due to lack of genetic diversity. It was a cool dog though.

Aquataris
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 18, 2007, 04:27 AM

Get a westie!

Mine is great (see?)...

That is one of the best dog pictures I have ever seen. Cute.
If I had a signature, it would be better than yours.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Nov 18, 2007, 12:04 PM

WTF kind of organization is that? Nazi regime? WTF dude. What would 'joining a group' have to do with owning a dog?
Do you really not believe that there could be a reasonable explanation?

Rumor
Nov 18, 2007, 03:04 PM

I'm better RR is in a homeowners association. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a condo. HA's can be dicks with their CCNRs.

StrengthDesign
Banned
Nov 18, 2007, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Do you really not believe that there could be a reasonable explanation?
Uh, no, unless you're a halfway house for orphan toddlers that are wrapped in bacon.

Rumor
Nov 18, 2007, 03:11 PM

You are one of the most narrow minded, conceited, self-absorbed people I have met in quite some time.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Nov 18, 2007, 03:42 PM

One of my friend's mom's bought one. For $1500 ****ing dollars. No offense, but I think I'd rather get a dog from the pound than support some puppy mill cranking out expensive little furballs that are likely to have more health problems due to lack of genetic diversity. It was a cool dog though.
Got mine for $400. Pure bred, papers and such.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Nov 18, 2007, 04:15 PM

Uh, no, unless you're a halfway house for orphan toddlers that are wrapped in bacon.
I'd bet it's close to that.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 18, 2007, 05:22 PM

You are one of the most narrow minded, conceited, self-absorbed people I have met in quite some time.
you've met the guy before. just haven't realized it. he has gone by many names.

Aquataris
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 18, 2007, 05:24 PM

Thank you for your interest in becoming the next Seanbaby, but your application must be rejected at this time due to nigh-plagiarism.
( Last edited by Aquataris; Nov 18, 2007 at 09:32 PM. )

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 18, 2007, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Aquataris View Post
Thank you for your interest in becoming the next Seanbaby, but your application must be rejected at this time do to nigh-plagiarism.
Seanbaby - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
i had no idea who seanbaby was

Aquataris
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 18, 2007, 05:46 PM

Now you do. Where would we be without wikis?

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Nov 18, 2007, 05:48 PM

That is one of the best dog pictures I have ever seen. Cute.
Forgot to say, "Thank you," Aquartaris.

Aquataris
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 18, 2007, 05:52 PM

Welcome. I seem to like any kinda dog breeds with prominent square muzzles. I have no idea why; I guess it adds a cute goofiness to their appeal.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 18, 2007, 05:57 PM

Now you do. Where would we be without wikis?

2.1^4.1/2*1.9 minutes to reply when it took me 3-1 minutes?

Aquataris
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 18, 2007, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by brassplayersrock² View Post
2.1^4.1/2*1.9 minutes to reply when it took me 3-1 minutes?
Are you a witch?

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 18, 2007, 06:05 PM

why do you ask? *hides eye of newt behind back*

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 18, 2007, 06:11 PM

how is your dog doing today Tavilach?

Aquataris
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 18, 2007, 06:27 PM

All that wrap must be unbearable on such a fluffy animal.

StrengthDesign
Banned
Nov 18, 2007, 06:57 PM

Got mine for $400. Pure bred, papers and such.
Wow. Props to you! They are cool dogs. I just don't think I could ever shell out $ for a purebred when so many mutts are being put to sleep.

StrengthDesign
Banned
Nov 18, 2007, 06:58 PM

Thank you for your interest in becoming the next Seanbaby, but your application must be rejected at this time do to nigh-plagiarism.

If you're going to make a reference please make one that the average person has some chance of knowing about.

Aquataris
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 18, 2007, 07:05 PM

If you are gonna make a joke about being wrapped in bacon then you probably do know you lifted it from Seanbaby. And if you don't know Seanbaby, allow me to show you how us older internet users used to track things in our day: Google and Wikipedia

StrengthDesign
Banned
Nov 18, 2007, 07:15 PM

I have never heard of this "Seanbaby", nor do I know what any of his jokes are. I find it odd that you associate any joke made about bacon and dogs associated to some random person on the internet that nobody has ever heard of. Perhaps you should inform this fellow about these guys:

Again, I was not aware the fact that dogs like bacon a lot was considered copyrighted joke material. I apologize profusely.

Aquataris
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 18, 2007, 07:20 PM

I don't see orphaned toddlers wrapped in bacon in any of those pictures. However a subscriber to Electronic Gaming Monthly would find direct correlation between what you said and Seanbaby. All I'm saying is that one of the most subscribed to magazines has a very popular section contributed by Seanbaby. And plenty of people who try to upset people on forums enjoy ripping things off to try and sound like they were the ones to come up with something so immature and hurtful that is being said about a sensitive situation like say... a family member being mauled.

KeriVit
Professional Poster
Nov 18, 2007, 07:36 PM

You should have realized when you wrote that who you might be talking to...

tavilach- I have heard standard poodles are VERY smart dogs even tho they froofy.

Rumor
Nov 18, 2007, 07:38 PM

I knew who it was.

Aquataris
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 18, 2007, 07:47 PM

I wonder what it's like to embarrass yourself into the ground and then come back with a new username each time. Does he lose any pride? Does he realize that he is pitied?

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Nov 18, 2007, 08:19 PM

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [â™Ĵ] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

Aquataris
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 18, 2007, 08:27 PM

"In closing, the only silver lining to this dark dark cloud is I have figured out why so many dogs lick their own a__holes. They are trying to kill the taste of Beggin' Strips. (By the way, it doesn't work.)"

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Nov 18, 2007, 09:09 PM

Sorry to hear about the dog situation. As someone who often like animals more than people I feel your pain.

I'm sending you mental hugs. Or if that freaks you out, I'll just send your dog mental scratches.

InvincibilityStar
Baninated
Nov 18, 2007, 11:51 PM

I don't see orphaned toddlers wrapped in bacon in any of those pictures. However a subscriber to Electronic Gaming Monthly would find direct correlation between what you said and Seanbaby. All I'm saying is that one of the most subscribed to magazines has a very popular section contributed by Seanbaby. And plenty of people who try to upset people on forums enjoy ripping things off to try and sound like they were the ones to come up with something so immature and hurtful that is being said about a sensitive situation like say... a family member being mauled.
Dude. I have never ****ing heard of whoever the hell you are referring to. I read about him on Wikipedia, and saw no mention of bacon anywhere. I also read he apparently wrote for EGM. The last time I read EGM was when I was about 13, still reading about 3DOs. I don't know why you insist that I am ripping someone off, but I swear to you on my mom's life, my wife's life, my dog's life, and my life that I have NEVER ****ing heard of this guy, nor do I know what the hell kind of jokes he does involving toddlers and bacon.

To clarify, this was my train of thought. No dogs over 30 lbs. No large dogs. Why? Obviously children must be involved somehow. And why would big dogs EVER attack children? Who knows. They normally don't. Maybe if they were super delicious looking to a dog. Perhaps by slathering them with steaks, or, omg, wrapping them in bacon.

Now please take your totally obscure references and bullshit accusations, and shove them straight up your ass. I'm pretty sure most people aren't big enough dorks to memorize the names of editors at EGM, or memorize their stupid jokes, so piss off. I have never heard whoever the hell his real name is, nor have I read any of his jokes. What I've said is entirely my content, and I created it. Might it coincide with some ****ing videogame editor's joke? OMG, there's no WAY that could possibly happen, right?

InvincibilityStar
Baninated
Nov 18, 2007, 11:53 PM

I wonder what it's like to embarrass yourself into the ground and then come back with a new username each time. Does he lose any pride? Does he realize that he is pitied?
I am not embarassed. I am annoyed that I am harassed and treated unfairly. Like in this thread:

http://forums.macnn.com/77/gaming/35...alum-2-8-imac/

I was not attacking anyone, not harassing anyone, and stating facts and examples that were pertinent to the topic. Yet I got 'reported' by some jackass multiple times, even though he was the one derailing the thread.

Rumor
Nov 18, 2007, 11:55 PM

You were trolling. Again.

Aquataris
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 19, 2007, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by InvincibilityStar View Post
Dude. I have never ****ing heard of whoever the hell you are referring to. I read about him on Wikipedia, and saw no mention of bacon anywhere. I also read he apparently wrote for EGM. The last time I read EGM was when I was about 13, still reading about 3DOs. I don't know why you insist that I am ripping someone off, but I swear to you on my mom's life, my wife's life, my dog's life, and my life that I have NEVER ****ing heard of this guy, nor do I know what the hell kind of jokes he does involving toddlers and bacon.

To clarify, this was my train of thought. No dogs over 30 lbs. No large dogs. Why? Obviously children must be involved somehow. And why would big dogs EVER attack children? Who knows. They normally don't. Maybe if they were super delicious looking to a dog. Perhaps by slathering them with steaks, or, omg, wrapping them in bacon.

Now please take your totally obscure references and bullshit accusations, and shove them straight up your ass. I'm pretty sure most people aren't big enough dorks to memorize the names of editors at EGM, or memorize their stupid jokes, so piss off. I have never heard whoever the hell his real name is, nor have I read any of his jokes. What I've said is entirely my content, and I created it. Might it coincide with some ****ing videogame editor's joke? OMG, there's no WAY that could possibly happen, right?
This is exactly why everybody here loves/hates you. And you didn't say children, you said orphan toddlers. I honestly don't give a damn whether you know who Seanbaby is or not. The point is, simply put, we care not for your comments or your presence here. This is a thread about dogs. Not children wrapped in meat. I simply stated that your humor is not... well, funny. And with that being said, your posts which contain said humorless humor are unvalued and unwanted. I only said what you sounded like; a Seanbaby clone. You're over-denial left room for disbelief that you didn't take it directly from him. And as for dorks... Which one of us constantly gets banned on a forum and goes through the trouble to constantly re-register?

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 19, 2007, 12:21 AM

"This is a thread about dogs."

look who you're talking to.

Aquataris
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 19, 2007, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by brassplayersrock² View Post
"This is a thread about dogs."

look who you're talking to.
So, I should amend that.

"This is a thread about quadrupeds."

KeriVit
Professional Poster
Nov 19, 2007, 01:18 AM

I still want to know how the dog is doing....

Forum Links
Forum Rules