Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Themes site?

Themes site?
KaptainKaya
Mac Elite
May 2, 2002, 06:02 PM

Check this out: http://macmotiva.rocks.it/

A lot better cosmetic-wise compared to X-Themination.
(not sure if this belongs here, but it does relate to themes )

mattstoton
Senior User
May 2, 2002, 06:15 PM

We have more themes, we have more features, we have ThemeShop. 'Nuff said.

btw, new interface on the way.
New sig coming soon. Yes, it will violate the sig guidelines :p

KaptainKaya  (op)
Mac Elite
May 2, 2002, 06:22 PM

I didn't know it was competition. I was just pointing it out for other mac users.

Adam Betts
Addicted to MacNN
May 2, 2002, 06:38 PM

I like the site. It's more simpler and easy on eyes. As I can see it, it's still under construction.

I guess it got a long way before becoming the best theme site

wil
Mac Enthusiast
May 2, 2002, 06:39 PM

There are a couple of other theme sites out there, and probably a few more on the way.
http://www.themox.net/themes/ (very nice site, not many themes, yet)
http://www.stretch.tc/aquaworld/themes/themes.html (okay site, many stripped down themes)
http://www.resexcellence.com/themes/ (most people get their themes here)

of course, Duality has Live Theme which supplies users with themes from various servers.

there are others I'm missing, I'm sure.

[ 05-02-2002: Message edited by: wil ]

kupan787
Senior User
May 2, 2002, 08:20 PM

Originally posted by wil:
<STRONG>There are a couple of other theme sites out there, and probably a few more on the way.
http://www.themox.net/themes/ (very nice site, not many themes, yet)
http://www.stretch.tc/aquaworld/themes/themes.html (okay site, many stripped down themes)
http://www.resexcellence.com/themes/ (most people get their themes here)

of course, Duality has Live Theme which supplies users with themes from various servers.

there are others I'm missing, I'm sure.

[ 05-02-2002: Message edited by: wil ]</STRONG>
One being http://www.macthemes.org/, the original Mac themeing site. It pretty much died after OS X came out, ad there are no OS X themes there.

Tis a shame, as they had started work on the original theme editor, had the code on a cvs server, so anyone could get it and compile the code. There were a few mailing lists, and there were great people on the lists that would answer your questions, and help you with themes.

Ben

Mac Guru
Mac Elite
May 2, 2002, 11:34 PM

Nice site graphics wise but it feels incomplete UI wise. The drop shadow under the title frame is only on the front page... should be on all pages or none. Your site should stop on the last element of the page... it continues down past the last bit of page till you can see the shadow again. (you should try using a layer or maybe figure out how to shorten the scroll so it stops earlier)

It's also professional not to link to a section that isn't complete. Linking your audience to something that says "this isn't here" is redundant and fairly annoying. Not providing a link tells them the same thing and saves them the trip to find out.

That's all I can see right now. Good job on the layout though.

Mac Guru

rgoer
Mac Enthusiast
May 3, 2002, 01:16 AM

Originally posted by mattstoton:
We have more themes, we have more features, we have ThemeShop. 'Nuff said.

btw, new interface on the way.
FSCK! You are a liar! I am so sick of you blowing your fscking ThemeShop horn every time the word "theme" comes up in a thread. If this fscking vaporware pipe dream adds up to even half of the smoke you've been blowing up our respective bums, it still won't be worth the fscking wait! And, by the way, just because you happen to host two trillion hue-shifted Aqua variants and a handful of 20% completed theme attempts, I wouldn't brag that your site hosts so many more themes. Get off your lame, lame, lame high horse.
Even Einstein feared the power of "spooky action at a distance"

Mac Guru
Mac Elite
May 3, 2002, 01:49 AM

Dude CALM the fook down!

GEEZ

Mac Guru

mattstoton
Senior User
May 3, 2002, 07:23 AM

FSCK! You are a liar! I am so sick of you blowing your fscking ThemeShop horn every time the word "theme" comes up in a thread. If this fscking vaporware pipe dream adds up to even half of the smoke you've been blowing up our respective bums, it still won't be worth the fscking wait! And, by the way, just because you happen to host two trillion hue-shifted Aqua variants and a handful of 20% completed theme attempts, I wouldn't brag that your site hosts so many more themes. Get off your lame, lame, lame high horse.
I don't what you're smoking, but its gotta be good stuff

Is it my fault that only up to recent times themes haven't been that good? Oh, wait, or was it me that is teaching/helping pro-designers to make themes?

You must really want ThemeShop Even after all these delays and hold-ups you're willing to insult something you've never seen. I am amazed, simply amazed.

I don't mean to bring up ThemeShop, we are developing it queitly. Our aim is still to grow the theme community, which would be why we're working with themox.net and AquaWorld. Rgoer, you could have had a valid point, but losing your cool is never a good thing.

KaptainKaya  (op)
Mac Elite
May 3, 2002, 10:32 AM

Originally posted by Mac Guru:
<STRONG>Nice site graphics wise but it feels incomplete UI wise. The drop shadow under the title frame is only on the front page... should be on all pages or none. Your site should stop on the last element of the page... it continues down past the last bit of page till you can see the shadow again. (you should try using a layer or maybe figure out how to shorten the scroll so it stops earlier)

It's also professional not to link to a section that isn't complete. Linking your audience to something that says "this isn't here" is redundant and fairly annoying. Not providing a link tells them the same thing and saves them the trip to find out.

That's all I can see right now. Good job on the layout though.

Mac Guru</STRONG>

Well it isn't mine, I was just checking it out from IconFactory's links and wanted to post it here

darkcore
Dedicated MacNNer
May 3, 2002, 01:45 PM

Originally posted by mattstoton:
<STRONG>

I don't what you're smoking, but its gotta be good stuff

Is it my fault that only up to recent times themes haven't been that good? Oh, wait, or was it me that is teaching/helping pro-designers to make themes?

You must really want ThemeShop Even after all these delays and hold-ups you're willing to insult something you've never seen. I am amazed, simply amazed.

I don't mean to bring up ThemeShop, we are developing it queitly. Our aim is still to grow the theme community, which would be why we're working with themox.net and AquaWorld. Rgoer, you could have had a valid point, but losing your cool is never a good thing.</STRONG>
heh. rgoer has a point you must admit. It makes no sense to keep going on about ThemeShop as if it is a released product. I see much hype and no product at the moment.

mattstoton
Senior User
May 3, 2002, 02:37 PM

My post in this thread wasn't to make hype. I should be able to say that dreaded word when its required.

Adam Betts
Addicted to MacNN
May 3, 2002, 06:50 PM

I find it irony that we're able to customize our themes to anything we want but we can't have a new theme site competitor. Matt, I think it'd be better if you have a new competitor so you can keep up to date. I rather a light and simple design though.

KaptainKaya  (op)
Mac Elite
May 4, 2002, 01:31 AM

Originally posted by Adam Betts:
<STRONG>I find it irony that we're able to customize our themes to anything we want but we can't have a new theme site competitor. Matt, I think it'd be better if you have a new competitor so you can keep up to date. I rather a light and simple design though.</STRONG>
Thank you! Someone agrees with me. Thats why I posted the site in the first place. Besides, I didn't know that 'ThemeShop' was a required word in this forum?

Forum Links
Forum Rules