Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Keychain Access

Keychain Access
KaptainKaya
Mac Elite
Sep 7, 2002, 03:16 PM

Want quick access to Keychain? Go to Applications-->Utilities-->Keychain Access. Go to View-->Show Keychain Access in the Menu Bar, and its there like before in the control strip Sorry if this is old news!

mudmonkey
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 7, 2002, 03:25 PM

Great Tip! I hadn't noticed that.

I am having one problem with the Keychain in 10.2 that maybe someone could help with. I have it such that the keychain locks when the machine goes to sleep.

When I wake up, I usually have mail and ichat running, and each of them prompt me to unlock the keychain. Both had previously been given "Always Allow" privileges. The bug appears to be that waking from sleep, every keychain app asks you to unlock the keychain even though it had been unlocked a few seconds prior.

This never occurred in 10.1. You would unlock the keychain on wake and every app would be happy.
Meh

Forum Links
Forum Rules