Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Austin Powers 3

Austin Powers 3
KaptainKaya
Mac Elite
Jul 26, 2002, 11:36 PM

Anyone see this tonight as well? I noticed that Macs were used for both Dr. Evil ( A lab with dedicated G4's and Cinema/Studio Displays all over) and Austin (A TiBook with a very clear shot of the Apple logo, and it wasn't a scan either, a good 10 second shot of it).

phantomdragonz
Mac Elite
Jul 27, 2002, 03:41 AM

i saw it, funny movie, whole theatre was laughing. There where many macs, i had to hold my self back form blerting out "look macs" yeah, i was with a group of girls, so that wouldent have been good... lol... but teh movie kicked ass, hahaha still laughing.....

P.D.

The Dude
Banned
Jul 27, 2002, 03:44 AM

First one was cool, cought everyone off guard.

Second one was complete and utter commercialized **** .

Haven't seen the third one, but the PR it's recieved is atleast double from the second film. This isn't a promising sign.

Vader�s Pinch of Death
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 27, 2002, 03:46 AM

I saw the movie on Thursday, ya it was hi-larious but lots of product shots. I have a feeling that Apple had to pay out for this one.

"If it's broke, you choke."

Apple Pro Underwear
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 27, 2002, 01:14 PM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Originally posted by The Dude:
<strong>First one was cool, cought everyone off guard.

Second one was complete and utter commercialized **** .

Haven't seen the third one, but the PR it's recieved is atleast double from the second film. This isn't a promising sign.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">i disagree. it was a crappy summer movie year and when i saw it, i was dying

stop worrying about sh*t like commercialization and just have a good time man

Timo
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 27, 2002, 01:16 PM

I would have prefered a twenty-minute "best of" condensation of the movie. The plot is always stupid; why not just get rid of it, and concentrate on the comic stuff.

OK I know the scatalogical humors in there for the kids, but HOW MANY piss jokes does anyone really want to see, anyway?

nana4
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 27, 2002, 01:34 PM

My throat looks like a vagin@. FatBast@rd

LOL!

Apple Pro Underwear
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 27, 2002, 01:40 PM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Originally posted by Timo:
<strong>I would have prefered a twenty-minute "best of" condensation of the movie. The plot is always stupid; why not just get rid of it, and concentrate on the comic stuff.
</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">just as in Oscar winning academy award movies there is a artistry involved with making that type of film

timo,

i think mike myers really knows how to make a "stupid-movie" work well. i think you just need to see more to get the "feel" of them

i reccomend:

dirty work
billy madison
beverly hills ninja
waterboy

korn
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 27, 2002, 01:46 PM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Originally posted by Timo:
<strong>I

OK I know the scatalogical humors in there for the kids, but HOW MANY piss jokes does anyone really want to see, anyway?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">scatOlogical isn't about piss � it's more solid � brown � steamy �

Ozmodiar
Mac Elite
Jul 27, 2002, 01:47 PM

I saw it last night, and I wasn't very impressed. I thought AP2 was much much better, both in the "plot" and the gags they pulled. I think Austin Powers has had its run, and I hope they don't try a fourth..

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jul 27, 2002, 01:49 PM

Saw it last night, I laughed throughout the entire thing. I think its way better than the second, although lacking a really coherent plot its just so friggin silly you cannot help but love it.

Worst. Episode. Ever.
Senior User
Jul 27, 2002, 11:03 PM

Saw it today. I found it to be funny. There was actually less bathroom humor than I was expecting. Also, this one had more gags and less plot than the other two Austin Powers offerings, which is a good thing for this kind of movie.

The Dude
Banned
Jul 27, 2002, 11:12 PM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Originally posted by Apple Pro Underwear:
<strong>i reccomend:

dirty work
billy madison
beverly hills ninja
waterboy</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">APU, I've seen everyone of those. Dirty Work sucked, Billy Madison was a ****ing riot, BHN sucked, and the Waterboy was good.

It's just that each time one of these films comes out, the standards drop. They're now appealing to the absolute lowest common denominator.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 28, 2002, 01:00 AM

I saw the movie earlier today and laughed all the way through. I think this one had the best opening scene of all the Austin movies. The few scense with Fat Bastard was well worth the price of admission.

"What?... I don't remember eating corn."

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

Forum Links
Forum Rules