Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Appleworks 6.1.2 updater can't find AW 6.0.4

Appleworks 6.1.2 updater can't find AW 6.0.4
nigeljedi
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 5, 2001, 10:06 AM

Has anyone upgraded their copy of Appleworks 6.0.4 to 6.1.2? If so, have you had any problems with the updater being unable to find your copy of Appleworks? I mean, unable to find it at all?
I had this occur every time I tried to install..with extensions, without them, with AW 6 in the root level of the HD, one level under (in Applications -->OS9.1)...to no avail.
I read all documentation, and there are no special needs for the program to work. Any help would be much appreciated!

bluebean
Forum Regular
Jun 10, 2001, 12:47 PM

I had the same problem and had to reinstall AW 6.04. The upgrade installer found it right away. Hope that helps.

nigeljedi  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 10, 2001, 08:24 PM

I might have to do that again. I thought I had re-installed AW 6.0.4, but maybe I'm delusional! I'll do it again, and post back.
Thanks!

nigeljedi  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 12, 2001, 02:01 AM

Well, that's not it. I reinstalled every bit of Appleworks 6, and 6.0.4 then tried the 6.1.2 updater, but it still can't find the 6.0.4 installation. I'm stumped.

Forum Links
Forum Rules