Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > logo's delivered in .pdf format.........

logo's delivered in .pdf format.........
skalie
Mac Elite
Jul 3, 2005, 11:52 AM

......... I'm on my third.

Not only do they not (seem) to let on what font they were created in, they also zoom in quite nicely using Acrobat, but not after importing them into Photoshop.

I've been zooming in in Acrobat, then screen shotting the results, surely there must be a more civilised way to deal with them.

Any hints?

Simon Mundy
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 3, 2005, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by skalie
......... I'm on my third.

Not only do they not (seem) to let on what font they were created in, they also zoom in quite nicely using Acrobat, but not after importing them into Photoshop.

I've been zooming in in Acrobat, then screen shotting the results, surely there must be a more civilised way to deal with them.

Any hints?
Hint: Read up on vector images vs rasterised images

If you'd like to import a PDF into photoshop, create a canvas size at the size you want your logo (e.g. 200 x 200 px), then use the 'Place' command to position your PDF and scale it to the right size, then hit the OK button.

Once it's rasterised, though, that's the quality it stays at (unless you are using PS CS2 which has a live resize, non-degradable smart object feature).
Computer thez nohhh...

skalie  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 3, 2005, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Simon Mundy
Hint: Read up on vector images vs rasterised images
Hey, less cheek.

Originally Posted by Simon Mundy
If you'd like to import a PDF into photoshop, create a canvas size at the size you want your logo (e.g. 200 x 200 px), then use the 'Place' command to position your PDF and scale it to the right size, then hit the OK button.
The 'place' command, that was the one I was looking for and hadn't come across before.

Thanks.

How do you figure out what the font is btw?

Simon Mundy
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 3, 2005, 07:39 PM

Hey, less cheek.
At 4am my manners go right out the door... Heh!

How do you figure out what the font is btw?
In Acrobat, open the document and open up the 'Document Properties' under the file menu. In there is a tab for fonts that - if you're lucky and the designer didn't already convert fonts to outlines - will show you all the embedded or used fonts for that document.
Computer thez nohhh...

skalie  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 4, 2005, 02:24 AM

Got it, cool.

Although the .pdf files are opening in "Adobe Reader" not Acrobat, I really must pay more attention.

Thx again.

Forum Links
Forum Rules