Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > For those who have Illustrator 10...

For those who have Illustrator 10...
nigeljedi
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 19, 2002, 08:07 PM

...I just wondered how the upgrade works. Let me quantify that question, though. What I mean is, is it a "standalone" product? Let's say that I have Illustrator 9 for Classic and buy the 10 upgrade. Then, I decide that I don't want Classic (in the future) and reformat and reinstall OS X without Classic. Am I screwed if I bought the Illustrator 10 upgrade? Or, do I somehow just use the v.9 registration code to upgrade to v.10 without actually having 9 installed?
I'm just wondering, because pretty much the only apps I'm waiting for to ditch Classic altogether would be those from Adobe (which I'm only waiting for Photoshop, GoLive and LiveMotion...).
Thanks!

climber
Mac Elite
Feb 19, 2002, 10:20 PM

I just received mine and at first I was very concerned during the installation process. A dialog asks for verification of a prior installed copy. Since it isn't on my system I was a bit worried, I even got so far as to look for the customer support number..

Anyhow after the install program failed to find it currently on my HD it simply asked for at prior serial number. After I gave it the number it installed without incident.

get the upgrade..
climber

nigeljedi  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 20, 2002, 12:56 AM

::wipes brow::
Good! I was using logic to presume Adobe would do something like that. I'm glad that, for once, I was right!
Thanks!

Forum Links
Forum Rules