Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Problem Playing MP3's

Problem Playing MP3's
Elektrix
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 22, 2003, 06:09 PM

Hi all,

I'm having a pretty odd problem. I have an iBook and a G4 Cube. I have about 10 gigs of mp3's stored on my iBook. I tried to basically copy them all to a firewire hard drive, and from there copy them to my Cube. However, when I try to play them on my Cube, none of them will play.

Essentially, I click on Play in iTunes, and the counter just sits there, stuck, and nothing happens.

I tried playing some of the mp3 files in the QuickTime Player, and the counter at least counted down, but there was still no audio.

These are all pretty standard, typical mp3's that I ripped from my audio CD's, so there shouldn't be any weird codecs or anything, and they were all created with iTunes.

The odd thing is that I seem to also now have this problem with some mp3's I had originally on my Cube as well, so it might not even have to do with them being copied over.

Does anyone have any idea what could cause this? It seems like a really odd problem, and I can't figure out why none of them will play.

-Elektrix

Forum Links
Forum Rules