Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > How do I put a folder full of pics in the desktop pictures option?

How do I put a folder full of pics in the desktop pictures option?
Jbroad572
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 14, 2003, 01:12 AM

Well, how? I have 2 folders I want to put in there permanently
17" Apple Powerbook 1.33ghz

madmacgames
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 14, 2003, 01:31 AM

I would like to know this as well.

You would think that adding the images to /Users/<your user>/Library/Desktop Pictures or /Library/Desktop Pictures would work, as that is where all the default desktop pics are stored, but no that does not work.

Why then a Desktop Pictures folder exisits in your users Library is beyond me. Perhaps this has not yet been implemented, but I was rather annoyed the 1st time I droped some pics in my personal Desktop Pictures folder and they were not added to the list.

Krusty
Professional Poster
Dec 14, 2003, 01:50 AM

Originally posted by madmacgames:
I would like to know this as well.

You would think that adding the images to /Users/<your user>/Library/Desktop Pictures or /Library/Desktop Pictures would work, as that is where all the default desktop pics are stored, but no that does not work.
I just dropped a pic into /Library/Desktop Pictures folder and it showed up in the "Apple Background" folder ... it was placed at the very end of the list, but it was definitely there.

Jbroad572  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 14, 2003, 01:59 AM

My problem is I want to place a whole folder there with a collection of pics. SO I have one full of 3d, nature, pets, etc... I want to cycle just a selection of pics, not the ones included.

zachs
Mac Elite
Dec 14, 2003, 02:29 AM

Why not just make an iPhoto album out of the folder (drag the folder to the iPhoto albums list)? Then it'll show up underneath "Photo Library".

madmacgames
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 14, 2003, 02:46 AM

Originally posted by Krusty:
I just dropped a pic into /Library/Desktop Pictures folder and it showed up in the "Apple Background" folder ... it was placed at the very end of the list, but it was definitely there.
drop it into your personal Desktop Pictures folder or a new subdirectory in either the main Desktop Pictures folder or your personal one and it does not show up. That was my point.

Jbroad572  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 14, 2003, 03:01 AM

That worked. Thanks

Forum Links
Forum Rules