Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: 12" iBook G3 500MHz, 20GB HD, 640MB RAM, AirPort and external firewire HD and CDR

FS: 12" iBook G3 500MHz, 20GB HD, 640MB RAM, AirPort and external firewire HD and CDR
Elektrix
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 30, 2004, 01:03 AM

Hi,

I am interesting in selling my iBook. It has served me well, but I'm just not using it as much as my desktop stuff any more.

I am looking to sell the following as a package:

12" iBook G3 500MHz
640MB RAM
20GB HD
AirPort card
Internal CD-ROM

The machine is in excellent condition, except for one dead pixel in the lower half of the screen (sort of to the left of the middle........ it's generally not noticeable, but I wanted to be up front about it and say it's there.

I haven't run it on battery much, but if you like I can try and run it solely on battery to see how much charge the battery currently has. I have mainly run it on AC power.

In addition, since this only has a CD-ROM drive, I also have a VST Tech Firewire CD-RW drive. I'm not sure of the speed, but it's kind of an old drive so I am guessing it is a slower model (I can try and check to be sure, or I can tell you the exact model number, etc.).

I also have an external 14GB VST Tech FireWire hard drive (one of their red and yellow ones....... it's not the superthin one, but it's buspowered and smaller than the full-sized HD's they made). I've mainly used this for extra storage and to transfer stuff back and forth.

I do not have the original box the iBook came in any more. I will also include the incase 12" iBook bag I bought at the Apple Store for this, as well as the power adaptor.

Finally, if you are interested, I also have a 20GB 3G iPod which I am looking to sell and would love to sell as part of a package.

Please let me know if you have any questions. If you want to check my eBay rating, my eBay id is "zadillo".

Thanks!

-Elektrix

qualey2
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 30, 2004, 07:21 AM

Price w/ and w/out ipod ????

Elektrix  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 30, 2004, 08:14 AM

I really don't have a set price in mind for this..... basically best offer. I'm not quite sure what to value it as.

-Elektrix

Elektrix  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 30, 2004, 04:56 PM

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention that I have an original AirPort base station I could throw in too (I recently upgraded to 802.11g in my house so it isn't in use any more).

discotronic
Mac Elite
Aug 30, 2004, 07:27 PM

Elektrix  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 30, 2004, 11:28 PM

OK, I'm just going to throw some prices out here..... please bear with me and note I'm just trying to go based on what I think I've seen somewhat similar packages go for. Please feel free to make whatever your best offer is for whatever you'd be interested in.

---

$500 for just the iBook
$600 for the iBook with the firewire cd-rw and hd
$800 for the iBook, firewire drives and iPod
$850 for the iBook, firewire drives, iPod and AirPort base station

Thanks!

-Elektrix
( Last edited by Elektrix; Aug 30, 2004 at 11:39 PM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules