Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > New MBP C2D arrivals please post here

New MBP C2D arrivals please post here (Page 2)
Toyin
Mac Elite
Oct 28, 2006, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by BadApple View Post
So, you like your MBP? Is it that noticeable in terms of speed between PB and MBP?
Noticeable? My wife has a 2.0ghz MacBook and it runs circles around my 1.5ghz PB (both with 1gb of ram). There are very few things that aren't noticeable between these two machines.

Every time I use her machine I'm amazed at how fast it is. I can't wait to get my MBP (currently in transit from Indianpolis )
-Toyin
13" MBA 1.8ghz i7
"It's all about the rims that ya got, and the rims that ya coulda had"
S.T. 1995

phazedowt
Oct 28, 2006, 03:24 PM

So, you like your MBP? Is it that noticeable in terms of speed between PB and MBP?
Amazing difference in speed. Every little thing too (launching apps, for example). Of course, my jump in CPU was huge (from 1 GHz G4 to 2.33GHz C2D). To me, the amazing thing is that photoshop feels faster (despite being emulated) than it did on my powerbook.
15" MBP, 2.33 GHz C2D, 120GB HD, 2 GB RAM, OS X 10.4. 4GB iPod Nano.

phazedowt
Oct 28, 2006, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by phazedowt View Post
Amazing difference in speed. Every little thing too (launching apps, for example). Of course, my jump in CPU was huge (from 1 GHz G4 to 2.33GHz C2D). To me, the amazing thing is that photoshop feels faster (despite being emulated) than it did on my powerbook.
That last sentiment (about photoshop) was just confirmed using this old "test": http://forums.macnn.com/65/power-mac...hop-benchmark/

On my PB it took 3:02. On my MBP, it took 38 seconds(!!!).

EDIT: I should mention, that while running that test, one of the two cores was completely otherwise occupied running particle physics simulations as well.
( Last edited by phazedowt; Oct 28, 2006 at 03:32 PM. Reason: adding note)

BadApple
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 28, 2006, 03:35 PM

Phazedowt, you got me drooling for MBP now. I have been holding off getting onboard with Intel Mac because some apps are not yet UB. Maybe I should pay a visit to my nearby Apple Store to check on the stock 15" model (as it seems 17" model is not yet available).

phazedowt
Oct 28, 2006, 04:05 PM

Phazedowt, you got me drooling for MBP now. I have been holding off getting onboard with Intel Mac because some apps are not yet UB. Maybe I should pay a visit to my nearby Apple Store to check on the stock 15" model (as it seems 17" model is not yet available).
Yeah, personally, I think that holding out for universal apps is only a valid reason if you have a G5. Seems like the core duos are faster using rosetta than most G4s were natively. Maybe someone with a last-gen G4 PB can chime in (my guess is those might the only G4s for which that isn't true).

cbrfanatic
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 28, 2006, 05:46 PM

Yeah, personally, I think that holding out for universal apps is only a valid reason if you have a G5. Seems like the core duos are faster using rosetta than most G4s were natively. Maybe someone with a last-gen G4 PB can chime in (my guess is those might the only G4s for which that isn't true).
I have a 15'' 1.67ghz pb with 2 gigs of ram while my mom has the macbook, i use both and i dont notice a difference in speed to be honest. im really interested in the mbp c2d though. only if i could get my pb sold since finances are tight.

Velocity211
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 28, 2006, 05:56 PM

My PB seems as fast as the macbook in photoshop. I didn't like time anything so I could be off.
iMac 24" | Core 2 Extreme 2.8GHz | 4GB RAM | 500GB HD
PowerBook G4 15" HR | 1.67GHz | 2GB RAM | 100GB HD
R.I.P 1995 Toyota Supra NA-T

BadApple
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 28, 2006, 06:07 PM

It seems Core Duo MBP is on par with the last PB in terms of PS CS2 performance. Because Core 2 Duo is said to be 10% to 20% better in terms of performance, I am hoping C2D MBP will be able to compensate Rosetta-induced slow-down. When I buy my next Mac, I would like to make sure it would out-perform in every area compared to my PBs/iBook.

fisherKing
Professional Poster
Oct 28, 2006, 06:12 PM

yeah, i'd rather not run out in april (or whenever) and upgrade everything.
would be great to get comparable-to-my g4 powerbook speeds in cs2, dreamweaver.

but looking forward to watching my universal apps to fly...

going to the applestore sunday (to decide glossy or matte), then ordering a 15" mbp monday (macmall...)
"At first, there was Nothing. Then Nothing inverted itself and became Something.
And that is what you all are: inverted Nothings...with potential" (Sun Ra)

HazelGirl
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 28, 2006, 06:19 PM

If you purchase from Macmall or any other online store that is not Apple, do you have to pay sales tax? Thanks.
Mac Mini G4 1.33 Ghz:40GBhf, 512MBRAM, 32MBVRAM
MBP 15.4' 2.33Ghz:160GBhd, 2GBRAM, 256MBVRAM
iMac 24' 2.4 Ghz, 300GBhd, 2GBRAM, 256MBVRAM
80GB iPod Classic (black)

ccrider
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 28, 2006, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by HazelGirl View Post
If you purchase from Macmall or any other online store that is not Apple, do you have to pay sales tax? Thanks.
Depends- Macmall will charge tax in some states. Your best bet is prolly Amazon- no tax there. Go to macintouch.com and support them by clicking on their amazon specials. You might even save some mulah.

btw, lovin' my new macbook pro 2.33, fresh from soho apple store along with a "refreshed" 23in Cinema display monitor that "only" burned me for $699. Suhweet.

fisherKing
Professional Poster
Oct 28, 2006, 06:38 PM

macmall, no tax, and $150 rebate.

some peeps dont like them, but i've been buying from them forever (pismo, 12" pb, etc)
and am happy (but u gotta send in the rebate forms)
"At first, there was Nothing. Then Nothing inverted itself and became Something.

HazelGirl
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 28, 2006, 06:51 PM

YOu can still buy Applecare from Apple later on, right? And does the money saved in taxes outweigh education discount? The unit I want towuld be about $2400 + tax and thats with the edu discount at Apple.

If the unit goes bonkers, would I contact Apple or the online store from whom I purchase?

MattJeff
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 28, 2006, 06:57 PM

decided to get the MBP and external drives HazelGirl?

cbrfanatic
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 28, 2006, 07:21 PM

i just got back from bestbuy, picked up a external myself.

HazelGirl
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 28, 2006, 08:29 PM

I think I will get an external drive eventually at some point anyway.

That being said, should I get a mbp with the 120GB hd or just go ahead and bump it up to 160?

MattJeff
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 28, 2006, 08:41 PM

get the 160, its a bit faster and you get an extra 40 Gb

fisherKing
Professional Poster
Oct 28, 2006, 09:56 PM

YOu can still buy Applecare from Apple later on, right? And does the money saved in taxes outweigh education discount? The unit I want towuld be about $2400 + tax and thats with the edu discount at Apple.

If the unit goes bonkers, would I contact Apple or the online store from whom I purchase?

you have a year to add applecare (but in that case, only 90 days of phone support...UNTIL u add applecare)

and yes, you will deal directly with apple if problems.

buddy1065  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 29, 2006, 09:32 AM

I screwed up my C2D HD big time. It doesnt show more than 111 GB total for combined OSX/Windows. Not sure where the extra 9 GB went. I think it happened when I tried to install Windows without Boot Camp. Windows did install all right, but OSX disappeared. I was up till 4:AM trying to get both operating systems on line.

Anyway I tried Tomb Raider Legends and it worked great without anti aliazing, set to 1400x900 resolution and high settings.

If anyone knows how I can get that 9 GB back please let me know. Disk Utilities doesn't see it, even booting from the OSX CD. The only way I got this thing to work right was to actually install Windows without boot camp again with a 9 GB partition; maybe that's where it went.

Other than that it works fine, and I have some exterior HDs already so no big deal right now. Still lovin the laptop.

Why did I install Windows without Bootcamp? I was too in a hurry after installing boot camp to find it was in Utilities and thought like magic all I had to do was boot from the Windows CD and install it.

Windows actually installed and worked though without Boot Camp, and if I had made the Boot camp driver CD it might have even enabled the GPU. Man I could have kicked myself when it turned into a Windows only laptop!

Mac Elite
Oct 29, 2006, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by buddy1065 View Post
I screwed up my C2D HD big time. It doesnt show more than 111 GB total for combined OSX/Windows. Not sure where the extra 9 GB went. I think it happened when I tried to install Windows without Boot Camp. Windows did install all right, but OSX disappeared. I was up till 4:AM trying to get both operating systems on line.
There is a discrepancy between what operating systems define as a GB and what manufacturers of hard drives define as a GB.

Operating System 1 GB = 2^30 Bytes (1,073,741,824)
Manufacturers 1 GB = 10^9 Bytes

So, (120 x 10^9 / 2^30) = 111.75 GB (in the OS definition)

Computers are base 2 systems, this is why the OS uses the 2^30 definition. I don't know why the manufacturers use the 10^9 definition (marketing?).

So, you didn't actually loose anything there. Or perhaps I misunderstood.

Anand
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 29, 2006, 10:12 AM

That is the same switch that I am making! I can't wait.
Yes, I know I could buy a PC, but why?

phazedowt
Oct 29, 2006, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by 11011001 View Post
There is a discrepancy between what operating systems define as a GB and what manufacturers of hard drives define as a GB.

Operating System 1 GB = 2^30 Bytes (1,073,741,824)
Manufacturers 1 GB = 10^9 Bytes

So, (120 x 10^9 / 2^30) = 111.75 GB (in the OS definition)

Computers are base 2 systems, this is why the OS uses the 2^30 definition. I don't know why the manufacturers use the 10^9 definition (marketing?).

So, you didn't actually loose anything there. Or perhaps I misunderstood.
In addition to the definition of what a gigabyte is, some space is lost in creating the filesystem, which never shows up in the "total size" when the operating system reports it.

BadApple
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 29, 2006, 04:49 PM

I heard new C2D MBP's bents on the back are wider than Core Duo MBP. I think that would be for better cooling. For those who already received the C2D MBP, can you check if those bents are indeed bigger than the previous MBP?

fisherKing
Professional Poster
Oct 29, 2006, 05:00 PM

I heard new C2D MBP's bents on the back are wider than Core Duo MBP. I think that would be for better cooling. For those who already received the C2D MBP, can you check if those bents are indeed bigger than the previous MBP?

dont think so...i compared to macbooks today, one core duo, one core 2 duo; seems same design exactly (just changes under the hood...AND the fw800 port)

BadApple
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 29, 2006, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by fisherKing View Post
dont think so...i compared to macbooks today, one core duo, one core 2 duo; seems same design exactly (just changes under the hood...AND the fw800 port)
Someone posted a picture which showed new C2D MBP has large 6 vents on the back instead of many thin vents (near the screen hinge area). I thought Apple designed the back vent to make it better for more efficient air flow for C2D MBP. So, your C2D MBP has the same bents like CD MBP?

fisherKing
Professional Poster
Oct 29, 2006, 05:28 PM

oops...
i thought u were talking about the screen bending back...it does not bend back as far as the powerbook, or even the macbook.

u meant vents? that i didn't check!

Javizun
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 29, 2006, 05:51 PM

Aventura mall in florida is offically out of stock-the last one grabbed was by me, i purchased it for my cousin thanks buddy165.

I have a 17" macbook pro 2.16ghz with 2gb of ram and 100 7200rpm hdd (mine)
and i have a 15" macbook pro core duo 2 2.33ghz with 2gb of ram 120gb hdd (cousins)

hmmm maybe its me but i really dont see a wow increase on performance, im sorry but i dont see what the fuss was about-i am doing a 3d render on both at the same time and i dont see a major improvement (laptop still gets hot good thing no whine but as far as i can tell heat is still an issue)

BadApple
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 29, 2006, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by fisherKing View Post
oops...
i thought u were talking about the screen bending back...it does not bend back as far as the powerbook, or even the macbook.

u meant vents? that i didn't check!
Would you be able to check that? CD MBP and PowerBook had vertical thin vents around the screen hinge area. The new MBP (C2D) is said to have larger opening (like 6 big vents instead of CD MBP's 20 or so small vents). If that is the case, I think both 15" and 17" MBP (C2D version) would be running at the same speed as that may have solved the heat issue with MBP.

fisherKing
Professional Poster
Oct 29, 2006, 06:09 PM

Would you be able to check that? CD MBP and PowerBook had vertical thin vents around the screen hinge area. The new MBP (C2D) is said to have larger opening (like 6 big vents instead of CD MBP's 20 or so small vents). If that is the case, I think both 15" and 17" MBP (C2D version) would be running at the same speed as that may have solved the heat issue with MBP.

checked things out at the apple store, i dont have a mbp...yet.

anyone else?

volcano
Senior User
Oct 29, 2006, 06:27 PM

I found this image within the huggggge (it's 43 pages long already!) thread regarding Core 2 Duo MBP arrivals at Mac Rumors:

You can clearly see the change.

Another 'change' people have been discussing is how the LED indicator light for the built-in iSight is now only noticeable when the light is on. There is no longer a tiny pinhole on the right hand side of the actual camera.... which is a nice touch asthetically if I do say so myself.

mism
Oct 30, 2006, 09:04 AM

Sorry guys, I may as well ask how long is a piece of string, but:

I ordered my MBP (2.33GHz C2D, 3GB, 160GB) direct from Apple on the 24th, it shipped on Friday 27th. I'm getting a case and extra power supply with it too (merge in transit?). My expected delivery date is the 9th, its coming to London.
The question is, has anyone any experience with delivery time to London, 10 days from today seems a very long time, is it just a cautious estimate?
I'm upgrading from a Rev A 12" G4 Powerbook, 867Mhz, so am understandably excited!

Thanks and sorry again for asking such a n00b question.

theyoda3
Oct 30, 2006, 09:34 AM

My computer is being delivered today! If any wants to know anything or wants some kind of pictures let me know. 15" 2.33 stock.

Toyin
Mac Elite
Oct 30, 2006, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Javizun View Post
Aventura mall in florida is offically out of stock-the last one grabbed was by me, i purchased it for my cousin thanks buddy165.

I have a 17" macbook pro 2.16ghz with 2gb of ram and 100 7200rpm hdd (mine)
and i have a 15" macbook pro core duo 2 2.33ghz with 2gb of ram 120gb hdd (cousins)

hmmm maybe its me but i really dont see a wow increase on performance, im sorry but i dont see what the fuss was about-i am doing a 3d render on both at the same time and i dont see a major improvement (laptop still gets hot good thing no whine but as far as i can tell heat is still an issue)
I don't think the upgrade from Core Duo to Core 2 Duo is going to be that significant. As more applications take advantage of 64bit (ie next revision of Quicktime) you may start to see the 30% faster claims.

The real difference is in the G4 to either Intel chip.

Oh and my wife just called. The laptop just arrived! Looks like I'm going to be up late tonight!
-Toyin
13" MBA 1.8ghz i7
"It's all about the rims that ya got, and the rims that ya coulda had"
S.T. 1995

deedar
Mac Elite
Oct 30, 2006, 10:19 AM

Orderd my 15"/160/2.16ghz on 10/25. Supposed to ship by 11/1 and get here by 11/8.

buddy1065  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 30, 2006, 10:42 AM

IMHO the added stick of memory, DL burner and firewire 800 as well as upclocked GPU, no whine or moo among other things made the upgrade to C2D significant enough for my purchase, but I see what you're saying. Congrats and hope you love toyin' with that laptop, Toyin!

Simon
Posting Junkie
Oct 30, 2006, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Ordered mine on 10/25.
2.33 GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, glossy (was converted from matte to glossy by my black MB)

Should ship by 10/31, should arrive no later than 11/6.

Of course I'm hoping it will ship today and arrive next week.
Hehe. Shipped 10/29. Now expected to arrive 11/1. Five days early, not bad. I just love it when Apple delivers early.
•

oeyvind
Senior User
Oct 30, 2006, 11:00 AM

Ordered 10/25

CTO 2.33GHz, 160GB HDD. Shipped Oct 29, Expected by Nov 1 too.

jtice
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 30, 2006, 12:17 PM

Mine arrived an hour ago (10am EST). The FedEx guy rang the doorbell, turned around and was back on the truck ready to leave with my new laptop. Anyway, it's up and running––exciting stuff. No time to do any comparasons but just working in the finder and system prefs it's obvious that it's in a whole different class from my 933GHz iBook. I'll do some speed comparasons later today an post the results. They both have 1Gig memory, at least until UPS arrives.
Now that everyone knows it's just a matter of waiting for 1.20.09.

HazelGirl
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 30, 2006, 04:09 PM

Well, I decided to take the plunge after much thought. I can't believe I just charged over $2.5k....wow. Anyway, I got what a lot of you got...that is, the 2.33 Ghz 15.4' with 160GB and 256MBVRAM and 2GBRAM. I did not get applecare with it, but will opt for it before my year is up. I will also ge thtte Safeware policy just in case. Thanks to all for insight and stuff....wow, I think I'll go to the apple store and check out what kinds of sleeves and software they may have.

Mac Elite
Oct 30, 2006, 07:59 PM

For those people who have received their MBPs via FedEx: how long were they tied up in customs? Shipment to arrival was about 3 days, no?

I'm in western Canada btw.

jtice
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 30, 2006, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by 11011001 View Post
For those people who have received their MBPs via FedEx: how long were they tied up in customs? Shipment to arrival was about 3 days, no?
I'm in western Canada btw.
It left Shanghai at noon on Friday (not sure whether that was local time or our time) and was delivered in Virginia at 10am on Monday. It went through Anchorage and Indianapolis––Anchorage being where the potential customs delay would be. It was cleared through there in 74 minutes.
Now that everyone knows it's just a matter of waiting for 1.20.09.

Thunderbird
Senior User
Oct 30, 2006, 09:06 PM

I have one mission critical app that still isn't up to speed on the CD2. Powerpoint. I have a Powerpoint presentation with a Quicktime video that I present on my 1.33 GHz Powerbook G4. It runs perfectly on that machine.

I also have a Core Solo Mac Mini, and it will not play the video inside the presentation (gets about 1 fps). My folks just bought a 24" iMac, 2.16 GHz CD2, and it runs better (maybe 5 fps), but not well enough to use in a professional presentation.

So, I need to wait for a universal Powerpoint before upgrading my Powerbook to a MBP.

buddy1065  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 30, 2006, 10:34 PM

Well, I decided to take the plunge after much thought. I can't believe I just charged over $2.5k....wow. Anyway, I got what a lot of you got...that is, the 2.33 Ghz 15.4' with 160GB and 256MBVRAM and 2GBRAM. I did not get applecare with it, but will opt for it before my year is up. I will also ge thtte Safeware policy just in case. Thanks to all for insight and stuff....wow, I think I'll go to the apple store and check out what kinds of sleeves and software they may have.
Congrats on your new purchase Hazelgirl. Hope yours is as perfect as mine appears to be. I just finished a level of Tomb Raider Legends at 1400x900 (high settings) and it runs great. I use my A900 Sprint phone-as-modem via USB till Sprint gets an Express card.

I use the firewire 800 port with my 250 GIG "G-Drive" to edit video.

G-DRIVE High Performance and Stylish FireWire and USB Storage Solutions

I really believe the MBP C2D deserves a reputation of being the best, most versitile laptop on the planet, considering its performance, dimensions and weight.

mrchin
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 30, 2006, 11:26 PM

I'm happy. Mine arrived today. Ordered on emergence day CTO with larger 160HD. 200's too slow. It was set to ship on the 31st, but shipped this past friday from Shanghai.

Got it this morning if not for the weekend. As it was already in Newark saturday. So great to have Apple's free ground service get to you from China in 1 business day.

Looks and feels perfect so far. Transferred everything from my Gen 1 2.16 MBP without a hitch. After I was done, this new baby was cool as concrete Greenland. But my older MBP was toasty as usual. Great thing to have C2Ds which seem to be producing a heck of a lot less heat.

Woohoo! Ok, off to play!
Dual 2.0 G5/2.5GB/ATI 9800 Pro | MacBook Pro 2.16 Gore Duo/2GB/ATI X1600

HazelGirl
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 31, 2006, 12:41 AM

Thanks yall. I ended up getting a 250GB LaCie Drive to rest nicely under my Mini. I also got one of those $30 sleeves (a red one) and one of those keyboard protector things by I think mareware or somethign like that. I also bought Dot Mac. Man, I'm so broke it hurts...lol. OUCH.

cbrfanatic
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 31, 2006, 12:54 AM

Thanks yall. I ended up getting a 250GB LaCie Drive to rest nicely under my Mini. I also got one of those $30 sleeves (a red one) and one of those keyboard protector things by I think mareware or somethign like that. I also bought Dot Mac. Man, I'm so broke it hurts...lol. OUCH.
lol, good on picking up the extra protectiveness, do you think the $100 for the .mac account is a good price? i really never used my .mac account for more then the email addy. You think your broke now? you know once you start buying extra stuff for it, it just never ends right? Next is the external monitor, then the wireless mouse, then the wireless keyboard, then theres the macstyles.com, and then a dual monitor setup, it just never ends....

ccrider
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 31, 2006, 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by Thunderbird View Post
I have one mission critical app that still isn't up to speed on the CD2. Powerpoint. I have a Powerpoint presentation with a Quicktime video that I present on my 1.33 GHz Powerbook G4. It runs perfectly on that machine.

I also have a Core Solo Mac Mini, and it will not play the video inside the presentation (gets about 1 fps). My folks just bought a 24" iMac, 2.16 GHz CD2, and it runs better (maybe 5 fps), but not well enough to use in a professional presentation.

So, I need to wait for a universal Powerpoint before upgrading my Powerbook to a MBP.
Being a mac user, designing on a mac, and presenting your presentations on a mac, I have to ask, why are you using powerpoint when keynote can do SO much more, and easier/better? I left the powerpoint boat with keynote v.1 and never looked back. Now, with so many import/export optio ns, there's no reason to design in powerpoint anymore. Give me a reason and I'll listen, but let me ask you this: if Steve Jobs, arguably one of the best business presenters in the world (not to mention one of the richest), trusts keynote to deliver his goods, why shouldn't you? And it's only gotten better since he released it as a commercial product.

I realize that most marketing folk work with keynote and prefer that format so they can add more of their beautifully boring charts and excel spreadsheets, but keynote can do that stuff and make it look so much better. And it will export back out to powerpoint and it will import powerpoint, so there's compatibility.

anyhoo, just wonderin'

cbrfanatic
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 31, 2006, 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by ccrider View Post
Being a mac user, designing on a mac, and presenting your presentations on a mac, I have to ask, why are you using powerpoint when keynote can do SO much more, and easier/better? I left the powerpoint boat with keynote v.1 and never looked back. Now, with so many import/export optio ns, there's no reason to design in powerpoint anymore. Give me a reason and I'll listen, but let me ask you this: if Steve Jobs, arguably one of the best business presenters in the world (not to mention one of the richest), trusts keynote to deliver his goods, why shouldn't you? And it's only gotten better since he released it as a commercial product.

I realize that most marketing folk work with keynote and prefer that format so they can add more of their beautifully boring charts and excel spreadsheets, but keynote can do that stuff and make it look so much better. And it will export back out to powerpoint and it will import powerpoint, so there's compatibility.

anyhoo, just wonderin'
kewl, i didnt know that. Thanks. Looks like i will be using keynote now too, lol. BTW, my mom is the Global Procurement Manager for HP, yes, Hewlett-Packard, and she just recently purchased a Macbook, the MBP was more then she needed, but she loves it. Im going to have to put her onto Keynote. She wishes she could bring it to meetings and conferences and stuff, but wouldnt that be like an oxymoron? lol

HouseSold
Senior User
Oct 31, 2006, 01:39 AM

Follow that MacBook Pro

Track Your Mac Here: isnoop.net universal package tracking

Gives you a more thorough follow up; and it's universal too...

theyoda3
Oct 31, 2006, 04:02 AM

Just so you know, I just ran the Halo Demo (non UB) and the game plays really well. Also, the heat didn't seem too bad. The bottom got warm, but not hot and it cooled off fast. I'm really really happy with this machine. I came from a 12" 1.33 PB and this is quite a bit faster. The graphics were so amazing even for Rosetta. I think I screwed up calibrating my battery, so I'll have to redo it. I would say a good time estimation is 3-3.5 hours for average use and battery saving options enabled. Probably just at 3 for wireless. I think you could get 4 hours with the display down just doing word processing, E-mail, wired internet, and music or something similar. Tomorrow I'm using the computer for CS2, so I'll let you know how that goes.

Forum Links
Forum Rules