Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > 5400/5500 Upgrades

5400/5500 Upgrades
MacNZ
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 24, 2000, 11:15 PM

I know there are 5400/5500 series upgrade cards. Do these upgrade cards fit earlier models like the 5320 based on the same form factor?? I haven't heard they do but it would be good if they did. I think the system bus or something of these older systems might be too prohibitive though?
Pete C. (PB12" 1.5Ghz 160GB hdd, 1.25GB RAM, OS X 10.4.11)

AusRob
Forum Regular
Jun 29, 2000, 01:32 AM

Check out sonnet's web site http://www.sonnettech.com/product/default.html where they have a list of all the models they suport. Otherwise contact them directly. I didn't see the 5320 last I looked.

Elderloc
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 29, 2000, 04:04 AM

Does anyone know if anyone makes an upgrade to a 5215/cd PowerPC? I got 4 of them from work and would like to boost one of them up to keep my girlfriend off my G4 500.
Elderloc

We were just a bunch of sawgie old men eating egg salad sandwitches in a card board box, playing tease the wild wolverine in a confind space.

Forum Links
Forum Rules