Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > iPod Software Update

iPod Software Update
Frumpy
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2004, 07:14 AM

When i purchased my iPod this past week i noticed that it already had the latest update installed (1.3.1). But i also noticed that it keeps popping up on my Software Update panel. Should i be installing this update from my Software Update panel, or just ignore it?
Specs:12" PowerBook-1.33GHz, 768 PC2700, Airport Express, Panther (10.3.9), iSight, 15GB 3G iPod

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 10, 2004, 10:43 AM

might be a good idea to download it anyway. then you will have a copy of the update on your computer in your utilities folder. having this you can reset your ipod if something happens where you might want/need to start fresh. i guess you could just dl it then, but what the hell, why not?

if you really are getting sick of seeing it there in the updater all the time, you can ignore the update by selecting it and hitting cmd-delete.

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 10, 2004, 01:39 PM

Which generation iPod do you have? If you have a 3rd Gen (current line), then you need version 2.x for the iPod. The 1.x versions are for the earlier models.

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 10, 2004, 02:05 PM

pretty self explanatory, dont you think?

Frumpy  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2004, 05:01 PM

Gotcha. Thanks.
Specs:12" PowerBook-1.33GHz, 768 PC2700, Airport Express, Panther (10.3.9), iSight, 15GB 3G iPod

andrew davidoff
Feb 10, 2004, 09:21 PM

Originally posted by ::maroma:::
Which generation iPod do you have? If you have a 3rd Gen (current line), then you need version 2.x for the iPod. The 1.x versions are for the earlier models.
i have a 3rd with 2.x installed, but software update kept telling me 1.3.1 was available, so i installed it. if had ignored it, wouldn't it ignore ipod updates i do want?

andrew davidoff

Frumpy  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 11, 2004, 07:19 AM

Hmmm, good question. I do have 2.1 installed on my iPod which is the new 15GB, so i'm not going to bother with this 1.3.1 update which seems like it's just for the undockable iPods.

Forum Links
Forum Rules