Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Brickwall and local net

Brickwall and local net
yoyo52
Mac Elite
Apr 7, 2001, 03:51 PM

I've set up Brickwall in the Quick set up mode, and it works fine as a firewall. However, it also blocks access to my G4 from the two other computers in my house, which I'm trying to connect to via the AppleTalk through TCP/IP route. Is there some way to set up the Brickwall to allow such connections?
And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear

brianhill
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 8, 2001, 05:12 AM

Do you have 'Allow all outgoing connections' and 'Allow AppleShare' enabled? Also, you are entering the IP address in either the Chooser in OS 9 or the 'Connect to Server' panel in OSX, right?

yoyo52  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 8, 2001, 01:05 PM

I have the allow all outgoing connections and allow appleshare both enabled and I am using the IP address mode of connecting in 9 and in the other X-running computer. The problem is not in connecting out, but connecting in to the computer with the Brickwall installed. In other words, I can connect to the other computer with X, but that computer can't connect to the computer that has brickwall on it. Any suggestions?

Jadey
Forum Regular
Apr 8, 2001, 01:50 PM

When you quit BrickHouse & open it again, does it still have those options checked? You may have forgotten to hit "Apply" and Save...

yoyo52  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 8, 2001, 02:24 PM

Yes, the options are still there. Or I should say they were there because until I solve the intranet connection problem I can't really run Brickwall

yoyo52  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 8, 2001, 04:42 PM

I reinstalled Brickwall and now it works with no problem at all. I can get to the G4 that has Brickwall from the two other computers in the house. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Forum Links
Forum Rules