Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > QT plugin eggs

QT plugin eggs
MacOS761
Senior User
May 17, 2000, 09:11 PM

Maybe this is old news to everybody, but I just figured it out, and it's awesome! Here's what I did:
- I opened a .wav file (any sound will do, or movies with sound as long as you have a fast CPU) in my browser
- the QT scrubber bar, etc. came up, and I played my sound.
- feeling adventurous, I held some modifier keys down while pressing the controls, and... viola! I found a way to change the playback speed!
What you do is press Control while clicking and holding on the forward/backward buttons. They will disappear and show a slider with a white dot for an indicator. Dragging the dot to the middle is "0" speed, to the left is backwards (farther left being faster backwards) and to the right is forwards at whatever speed.
Okay, so maybe it's a little sad being so enamored with playing sounds at different speeds and backwards, but I think it's fun. There are also other things you can do with Option and the Apple key. Happy hunting!

[This message has been edited by MacOS761 (edited 05-17-2000).]
<a href="http://www.macronyms.com" target="_blank"> </a>
kelsevinal: i am impervious to your "nerd" attacks

Feathers
Grizzled Veteran
May 18, 2000, 10:07 PM

That's amazing, and cool!

It's like the kind of information they fiendishly hide inside things called books like the VQG Quicktime 4 PRO ISBN-0-201-35469-1 - Judith Stern & Robert Lettieri

wlonh
Professional Poster
May 18, 2000, 10:10 PM

yup that feature has been around for some time now... old MoviePlayer(s) did it too

it is handy and fun

DrDre
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 29, 2000, 04:49 PM

Sorry for this silly question, but how do you get the QT movies to play back full screen, without showing the player borders or the Mac desktop?

Is there a key combination of some sort?

Thanks.

iMan_ca
May 30, 2000, 02:51 PM

Command M or go to file and select present movie. But you have to have the full Quick Time Pro. YOu can get past that with older versions of Quicktime, 2.5 or 3.0 with quicktimes 2.5 movie player. Using quicktime 3 with version 2.5 of movies player will work on QT 3 movies but you cant do that trick with Quicktime 4. Get the pro it is worth is.

Feathers
Grizzled Veteran
May 30, 2000, 10:22 PM

Definitely, the US $29.00 for QTPro is well worth it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules