Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > http://www.4allmemory.com

http://www.4allmemory.com
agentmouthwash
Forum Regular
Feb 10, 2004, 02:52 PM

Anybody ever buy memory from these guys?
I want to upgrade my powerbook memory and
buy the 1gb ram and they have a great price.
Powerbook G4 1.25GHZ

-Q-
Feb 10, 2004, 03:07 PM

I thought I'd used them, but it was 1-800-4-Memory that I'd gotten the G5 memory from.

No personal experience, but here's their Reseller Ratings report. Not great but no one has had a serious problem with them it appears.

ValVashon
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 12, 2004, 11:32 PM

I had a really good experience with them in August. Ordered 2x256 chips for my Bondi iMac (at a great price to boot!).

One of them would fail to be recognized at startup from time to time. Called about the problem a week later and was asked to better document it (how often, only first startup of the day, which chip) and was told that they would note that I called.

Finally got off of my butt in December to solve the problem and was afraid I was out of the 30 day guarantee. Called and was told it was no problem since I originally called right away and was immediately shipped a replacement, with a post paid box to return the defective one.

I have purchased lots of memory from them before and will do so again. I can not recommend them more strongly. Nice prices and very accomodating customer service.

If anybody else posts that they have had a problem with them I'm sorry, but my experience was tops.

Val

egleband83
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 14, 2004, 02:21 AM

I've also purchased from them before. Picked up a 512MB stick for my 900mhz iBook and the entire process was very smooth. Great prices, shipping and product. Definately recommend for any RAM needs.
A switcher as of 8/20/03 and loving every moment of it!
15.4" 2.2ghz MBP

Daytonaaaaa
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 14, 2004, 08:01 AM

Got my 512MB module for my AlBook 1.25Ghz after it's released. Works perfectly fine.

Daytona

MOTHERWELL
Senior User
Feb 14, 2004, 12:38 PM

Check out ramseeker. OWC is selling a 1GB chip for $350. Anyone tried their ram? Is it junk?

RAMJET has great ram, but they are more expensive.

MOTHERWELL
Senior User
Feb 14, 2004, 12:42 PM

Originally posted by -Q-:
I thought I'd used them, but it was 1-800-4-Memory that I'd gotten the G5 memory from.
How is 800-4-Memememememory? They have 1GB chips for my G4 tower for $137. My G4 only has 512, so it is a little self conscious around my Powerbook.

pippiwong
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 14, 2004, 03:58 PM

i just bought two samsung 512mb ram chips from upgradenation.com for $173 for the pair (for my 15 al powerbook). cheapest i could find and they were name brand.

Forum Links
Forum Rules