Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > 10.3.5. bugs

10.3.5. bugs (Page 2)
GoofyFBI
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 20, 2004, 07:10 AM

Since Mac OS X v10.3.5, biakfennel DVDManager - http://dvdmanager.free.fr/ - crashes when trying to retrieve some information about a DVD from Amazon, or IMDb ! I've contacted the developers: they're aware of the issue and are working on an update... Otherwise, this OS update is very solid for me since my other software are still working normally.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Aug 20, 2004, 09:13 PM

I noticed that my PowerBook's trackpad is really screwy under 10.3.5. I thought maybe it was just how the trackpack worked, but when I reinsalled my OS to try to get my games to work over AirPort, the trackpad was fine. But after I upgraded to 10.3.5 again, it started acting weird again.

I've gone back to 10.3.4, gonna wait for 10.3.5.1 or a 10.3.6 update.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

Lebensm�de
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 21, 2004, 05:04 AM

I can't get DiskWarrior v. 3.0.2 to run properly after the upgrade. Anyone else been having this problem?

8minute
Aug 21, 2004, 09:33 AM

I've also noticed that my finder is running around 70% CPU usage with nothing doing but web browsing and IM. I was wondering why my fan kept coming on and staying on all the time ... temp used to sit around 54C, now it constantly hovers around 63C. Only after reading this thread did I decide to check CPU usage ... Hmmmm

clarkgoble
Mac Elite
Aug 22, 2004, 12:43 AM

Originally posted by cheerios:
installer hanging on "Mac OS X Update: Installing (Locating the software to update...)" anyone else having this problem??? it's done it twice noe... i seem doomed to stay at 10.3.4 *sob*

Mine did that twice. It turned out just to be running slow. I killed it the first time after several hours. The next time it ran for some ungodly amount of time but finally installed. No problems with it thus far. I don't know why this happened. I've never had troubles with updates before.

Superchicken
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 22, 2004, 02:23 AM

My Wacom tablet is lagging seriously, which really defeats the point of having it. Takes forever to draw.

Parky
Mac Elite
Aug 23, 2004, 08:28 AM

Originally posted by brettcamp:
Since I installed 10.3.5, every time I download a dmg, I get an error message (536870208) saying the disk image failed to mount. I've heard that I'm not alone, and that the problem precedes this latest update, but this is the first time I've encountered it.
I had the same problem.

I did a repair priviledges and a reboot, all has been OK since.

Ian
Computers - Au MacBook 2.4Ghz, iMac 24" 2.8Ghz Core 2 Duo
iPods - 5GB original iPod, 4GB nano - Red, 1GB 2G shuffle - Silver, 4GB 3G Shuffle - Black, 16GB touch, 16GB nano Red, 16GB iPhone 3G.
OSX User Since Public Beta, current OS 10.6.1, iTS UK purchases - 5377 songs.... and growing!
My website - www.idparkinson.co.uk

DominikHoffmann
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2004, 06:00 PM

Originally posted by DominikHoffmann:
Sorry, I hadn't seen this post, when I started a separate thread on an Adobe Type 1 font issue.

Dominik
It appears that Apple fixed this issue. The release notes for the Mac OS X 10.3.6 Update issued yesterday include the following statement:
Addresses an issue for Mac OS X 10.3.5 in which some glyph fonts, certain "Expert" or "dingbat" fonts, would no longer appear in some applications.
Dominik

Forum Links
Forum Rules