Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Dockulicious - Upload and share your Leopard docks & more...

Dockulicious - Upload and share your Leopard docks & more...
idyll
Senior User
Nov 10, 2007, 07:12 PM

Digg our site here.

So a friend and I have been working very hard for the past week on Dockulicious.com.

Basically, it is a place for people to upload and share the docks they have created for Leopard. Unlike the other sites that are just compilations of all the docks out there where people really get no proper credit, this allows you to upload your dock and set up a profile with a link to your website, etc. You can also download other people's docks and comment on them.

We also made an app called the Dockulicious DockSwitcher. The way it works is you take the dock you download from our site (as a .zip file) and drag it on to the Dockulicious app icon. It replaces the current dock you have and restarts the dock so you see the changes immediately. We really wanted to make it as simple as possible. We've been letting others test it for a week or so now and all the kinks have been ironed out so go ahead and try it. Works with not only 3D but ALSO 2D docks.

All of this has not been completely released to the public yet, so I figured I'd show it to the MacNN forums crowd first. I'm sure you'll find some bugs/things we missed, so if you do please let us know and we'll get on it.

Stuff we are working on for now:
Rating System

Any advice, feedback, etc. would be much appreciated!

Mods: I really don't intend for this to be a spam post. I feel it is genuinely Mac related and I've been a member of these forums for quite a while now. If you feel this thread belongs elsewhere, then please accept my apologies and move it to the proper sub-forum.
( Last edited by idyll; Nov 15, 2007 at 07:05 AM. )

@pplejaxkz
Senior User
Nov 11, 2007, 01:00 AM

Nicely done. Downloading the app as I type.

Mac4Decade
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 12, 2007, 06:50 PM

Nice site...I like seeing so many popping up. Another great site, when it's up, is leoparddocks.com

TiBook G4, MacBook Pro 1.83 Intel Core Duo

idyll  (op)
Senior User
Nov 14, 2007, 11:43 PM

People suggested I put it up on Digg so here goes:

Click here to digg it

It would be much appreciated. Thanks!
( Last edited by idyll; Nov 15, 2007 at 07:04 AM. )

Sage
Mac Elite
Nov 14, 2007, 11:57 PM

Even though you don’t have many 2D submissions yet, I think it would be great if you divided the Docks section into 3D submissions and 2D submissions. I use the 2D dock, so it’s a PITA to wade through a bunch of 3D designs.

idyll  (op)
Senior User
Nov 15, 2007, 12:25 AM

Thanks for the feedback, we will definitely consider that option. I think it's a good idea.. We've only got one 2D so far (Solace Dock) so more would definitely help too!

You gotta upload some more people!

sayonaraML
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 17, 2007, 04:39 PM

I thought I'd give this a try so registered, downloaded the app and a doc (Watervibe) and tried to make it work (emphasis on try). If I double-click to open the app it bounces and then closes without any kind of message. If I try and drag a dock theme onto the app it's pretty much the same. And since there's no contact or support, I'm opening AppZapper and cleaning it out and will wait for another solution.
I know this is a free application but no love for the user having problems?

Forum Links
Forum Rules