Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Stereo reciever dock with iPhone 4

Stereo reciever dock with iPhone 4
podhead22
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 2, 2010, 03:57 PM

I upgraded to the iPhone 4 back in June and was looking to get a dock I could connected to my entertainment center receiver. I am looking for the dock to both charge the iPod and have playback controls via remote. I currently have a Denon receiver and I know Denon makes a couple of iPod docks, however none of them say they are updated with iPhone 4 support. They are also a little bit pricey. Does anyone know of an iPod dock that has iPhone 4 compatibility and would be a nice home entertainment option?

Thanks

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 2, 2010, 06:14 PM

The Apple Universal Dock ($49) does exactly what you want (charges iPhone, audio out, and remote control). You may also want to consider the new $99 AppleTV as an easy way to stream audio and video to your receiver. The Airport Express is also a great audio only solution, but as it costs the same as the AppleTV I'd go for the latter.

Forum Links
Forum Rules