Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Anybody here seen the broadway musical "Wicked"?

Anybody here seen the broadway musical "Wicked"?
ManOfSteal
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 24, 2005, 04:28 PM

I just scored some 5th row center seats to "Wicked" this evening here in Chicago. I was just wondering if anybody has seen it before and what they thought of it. I've heard good things to say the least.

OwlBoy
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 24, 2005, 04:45 PM

Looks pretty crazy from what I see on the site.

-Owl

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jun 24, 2005, 04:47 PM

Haven't seen the show, but the book was disappointing (though still better than Maguire's other stuff). Hopefully turning it into a musical will make it appropriately cheesy.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Albert Pujols
Mac Elite
Jun 24, 2005, 04:57 PM

Wicked awesome.

misc
Jun 24, 2005, 05:58 PM

I've heard from multiple sources that it's a good production. Check out the lighting for me.

"And after we are through, ten years in making it to be the most of glorious debuts."

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Jun 24, 2005, 06:14 PM

I took my sister last month. I erred on the side of caution and only took the older of the two but in retrospect I think little kids could see it. It was OK, she liked it far more than I did. I could have done without seeing it and I felt it went a little long but if you have a daughter take her.

Good luck with the traffic tonight. You got the game on the south side, the Taste, on top of all the other normal stuff that people come in for on Friday nights.

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

ManOfSteal  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 25, 2005, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Obvious
Good luck with the traffic tonight. You got the game on the south side, the Taste, on top of all the other normal stuff that people come in for on Friday nights.
M-e-t-r-a.

The show was okay I thought. Pretty slow in some parts, and some very cheesy songs to say the least. I liked the end of the 1st Half the best. Last night was the first showing of the "All Chicago Cast" version. I though some of the cast was just absolutely awful (The Wizard, Fiero) but I was pleasantly surprised to see that Ana Gasteyer (former Saturday Night Live actress) has a great voice and played her Witch part very well.

My rating:

Forum Links
Forum Rules