Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > Sprint undercuts T-Mobile with $1 iPhone 6s trade-in promotion

Sprint undercuts T-Mobile with $1 iPhone 6s trade-in promotion
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Sep 24, 2015, 11:51 AM

Sprint is calling out T-Mobile and it's recently-announced iPhone trade-in promotion, by offering a seemingly cheaper alternative. While T-Mobile is offering customers an iPhone 6s upgrade for as little as $5 per month when they trade in their old iPhone 6 via Jump On Demand, Sprint is providing the same thing under its iPhone Forever lease plan, but with customers able to get the smartphone for $1 per month, or $5 per month for the iPhone 6s Plus.

Under the scheme, people trading in the iPhone 6 can get the 64GB model of the iPhone 6s for $5.77 per month, or $10.53 for the 128GB model. The iPhone 6s Plus 64GB under the same trade-in costs $9.77 per month, with the 128GB variant priced at $14.53. Customers trading in an iPhone 5s can get the 16GB iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus at a slightly higher monthly cost of $10 and $14 per month respectively, with a larger cost for the bigger capacities.

The offer will be available from Friday for Sprint customers, with the hardware cost applying to a bill on top of the standard price plans, though that is not the only iPhone 6s-related promotion Sprint is running. Until December 31 this year, customers porting from another carrier to Sprint or existing Sprint customers upgrading from another smartphone can get the iPhone 6s 16GB for $15 per month, or $22 per month without a trade-in.

Jeff Simpson
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 24, 2015, 06:03 PM

It still is Sprint, home of the most abusive and non-responsive customer service I've ever experienced. This is based on many, many phone calls over hours of time in which I was told, "You don't have call problems. The maps for your area show you have excellent reception. Therefore we can do nothing for... Hello? Hello?...." The reps became abusive. They would not return calls. They were "less than honest." I kept pages of notes about the behavior I experienced. No more Sprint for me. Thrifty is good. Abusive and ineffective are not.

Forum Links
Forum Rules