Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > do u know how to crack ip blocking code

do u know how to crack ip blocking code
akia
Baninated
Sep 19, 2006, 01:07 AM

Hi to all

I am very excited today...you know I was able to crack our college ip blocking code and open sites just in a minute.I was able to do that with the help of this site Browser Help
I was able to open sites and get the code and update my account.that might help you in your college environments or even at home when you are unable to see some sites

goMac
Posting Junkie
Sep 19, 2006, 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by akia
Hi to all

I am very excited today...you know I was able to crack our college ip blocking code and open sites just in a minute.I was able to do that with the help of this site Browser Help
I was able to open sites and get the code and update my account.that might help you in your college environments or even at home when you are unable to see some sites
As a systems administrator I say:

1) Shame on you.
2) We're not dumb, and if we actually care, we block proxy sites pretty quick.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

Camelot
Mac Elite
Sep 19, 2006, 03:37 AM

No offense, but I hope you've used that site to browse many, many sites, including sites that require logins.

What I'm getting at is that you know nothing about the site you're hitting there, or the people who run it. Since it's acting as a proxy everything you do is running through their server. This means they have the ability to log every URL, cookie, username, password, etc.

Now I don't know the folks at browserhelp.org and they might be fine upstanding eCitizens, but they might not be, and there's no way you can tell the difference from where you are.
Gods don't kill people - people with Gods kill people.

ghporter
Administrator
Sep 19, 2006, 07:57 AM

Defeating your school's blocking setup gets you almost nothing. Except the possibility of being expelled. It's THEIR network, you know, NOT YOURS. The limitations on what you can and can't do on THEIR network are probably in the campus network use agreement too-a binding contract.

Do NOT post any more threads like this again. I personally consider defeating other people's network security half a millimeter short of blatant software piracy.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules