Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Having trouble with Adium/iChat/etc

Having trouble with Adium/iChat/etc
Ryuujin27
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 12, 2009, 07:19 PM

I'm having a real big problem remaining online with all the chat programs on the latest version of OS X. I've got all the latest versions of all these softwares. The one I use the most now is Adium. However, within the past day I've been frequently getting kicked off the service. However, it doesn't tell me anything. All IMs just stop... no one receives anything from me and I can't receive anything from anyone. Same things happens with iChat.

Any suggestions? I pretty dependent on instant messaging, so any help would be appreciated.

Knof8
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 20, 2009, 02:12 AM

Did you ever find a solution?

Seems I'm having the same problem with iChat as well. Where it just logs me out every so often. I've already gone and tossed the preferences and cache files still no luck. I'm thinking it has to do a network setting somewhere, but I can't seem to find which one to change to make things work.

Forum Links
Forum Rules