Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Thin & Stylish "Sleeve" for 12" PowerBook..?

Thin & Stylish "Sleeve" for 12" PowerBook..?
daiSho
Forum Regular
Apr 6, 2004, 10:45 PM

hi all... ok, i finally broke down and bought a 12" PB w/ combo-drive, and now it needs a sleeve. currently it resides in one of my wifes' felt bags that used to be home to a Prada purse, but i think she wants it back.

can anyone recommend a thin and stylish sleeve for my PB? i'd like to find something w/ a cool surface or texture (carbon fiber, etc.) that is thin and not too heavily padded, i'll be carrying the PB in my Boblbee backpack anyways so i only need something to protect the chassis surface from scratches and such. any suggestions would be great, thx all..!

sworthy
Mac Elite
Apr 6, 2004, 11:26 PM

There's already an incredbily long stickied thread here:

thread

Might I add that for my 12" powerbook I chose sfbags.com

PeterKG
Senior User
Apr 6, 2004, 11:50 PM

I too use the Waterfield Sleeve, but I think from your description, you don't want padding at all. www.sfbags.com
MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7), 1.6 GHz, Core i5, 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3, 128 GB SSD, 24" LED ACD, 1TB Time Capsule (late 2009), IOS4 ATV, 16GB iPhone 4

daiSho  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 7, 2004, 12:20 AM

d'oh on me for not noticing a sticky thread... sorry and thanks for the appropriate links..!

sworthy
Mac Elite
Apr 7, 2004, 02:12 AM

I shouldn't bump this post anymore, but I just got my fiance a shinza sleeve. No 'padding' per say and is incredibly thin, yet can withstand some serious impacts.

That's all, I promise.

Nibi
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 7, 2004, 11:51 AM

http://www.radtech.us/Products/Powersleevz.aspx

I went with this Powersleeve from Radtech. It is really cool looking and made of optex which can be used to polish your Powerbook, the optex has a great texture (feels like suede) and it says Powerbook on the front just in case you forget what is inside.
Well man, sometimes you just gotta race.

iREZ
Professional Poster
Apr 7, 2004, 03:49 PM

My turn for a recomendation.

Give this a shot
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

n_lim
Forum Regular
Apr 7, 2004, 07:19 PM

Gotta place another vote for the Shinza. Thin, stylish, well-made and affordably priced.
12" Al 867|60GB|SD

jorgem4
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 8, 2004, 10:17 AM

Marware...I have one for my TiPB and it fits great! it is well build and it is thin and protective so you can through your PB in your backpack with other stuff...I think it is great!

ae86_16v
Mac Elite
Apr 8, 2004, 05:57 PM

Originally posted by Nibi:
http://www.radtech.us/Products/Powersleevz.aspx

I went with this Powersleeve from Radtech. It is really cool looking and made of optex which can be used to polish your Powerbook, the optex has a great texture (feels like suede) and it says Powerbook on the front just in case you forget what is inside.
Likewise, this is definitely one of the best. I used this when I don't feel like carrying around a bag.
PowerBook G4
1.25GHz/512MB/80GB/SuperDrive/BT/APX/Backlit KB

Forum Links
Forum Rules