Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > QuickTake and PICT file bugs in MacOS9

QuickTake and PICT file bugs in MacOS9
Avon
Senior User
Feb 22, 2000, 03:20 PM

I am having trouble using the QuickTake sofware on MacOS 9 on a G4 with a Stealth Serial port.

There is NO problem with the serial port, this product is amazing. It behaves just like a Mac with onboard serial.

The QuickTake software refuses to start up, I get an out of memory message even when I allocate rediculous amounts of memory to it. When I download the PICT files with another computer and upload them to the G4 they either open blank (Graphic Converter) or an error messages saying that there is not enough ram to open them is displayed (photoshop). This is obviously not a memory problem, I allocated generous amounts to these two programs.

???????????????????????????????

gene
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 22, 2000, 04:29 PM

Last time I was investigating the problem I figured that I need QuickTake software version 2.0.2 which is a pay-for update and can be ordered for $15 from Apple. I wonder if you have a lower version...

Avon  (op)
Senior User
Feb 23, 2000, 08:15 PM

Yes, I have 1.0, thank you very much I will do that ASAP.

John Thayer
Feb 29, 2000, 02:32 AM

QuickTake 2.0.2 doesn't appear to solve the problem with a G4. At the moment I'm stumped as I can find no software to run on a G4 which will allow it to communicate with a Quicktake 100+ camera. I've tried the shareware program Cameraid which runs fine, but it doesn't support this camera.

Zwilnik
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 29, 2000, 12:41 PM

I've had the same problem with my G3. Cameraaid only does the QT 200.
The last version of the OS I got my Quicktake 150 to work on was pre 8.5, so I've got an old (old old) duo/dock running 7.1 that will download from it and zap it over ethernet.
Aaron

Forum Links
Forum Rules