Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Can't use my apps while booted to another system?

Can't use my apps while booted to another system?
kevs
Mac Elite
Jul 6, 2005, 10:53 PM

I booted into a pristine system of Tiger on an external HD cause I wanted to test something. But when I navigated to the Mac HD, and then apps, the app I wanted would not launch. How does one go about this? thanks!

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Jul 6, 2005, 11:26 PM

Which app was this? In particular, were you able to install it with a simple drag-and-drop or did you need to use an installer?
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

kevs  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 7, 2005, 10:41 PM

I did not try to install apps yet. I'm just saying, first that I was unable to launch app from Mac HD, apps folder.

OperaMan
Forum Regular
Jul 7, 2005, 11:39 PM

i've noticed the same thing. the problem isn't that it wont let you, it's that the application folder won't load sometimes. I open it and it's empty, then open again and all my stuff is there. weird.

CatOne
Mac Elite
Jul 8, 2005, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by kevs
I booted into a pristine system of Tiger on an external HD cause I wanted to test something. But when I navigated to the Mac HD, and then apps, the app I wanted would not launch. How does one go about this? thanks!
Most apps will launch from a separate volume, but not all of them. What application was this? It may have some things it requires in /Library/Application Support (For instance, all of Adobe's applications).

Forum Links
Forum Rules