Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > PM2K5 is out!!! And has a Bug

PM2K5 is out!!! And has a Bug
ZXspectrum
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 7, 2005, 03:31 PM

it looks like PM2K5 graphics are breaking under Graphite mode (Appearance). did somebody else notice that??

it also happen when using PowerMetal 2.0.
( Last edited by ZXspectrum; Jan 7, 2005 at 03:42 PM. )

Kilik101
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 7, 2005, 03:56 PM

I also had the same issue. simply un_apply graphite and set it to blue in the preference appearance panel. Everything works well from there... weird nonetheless.

acronym16
Forum Regular
Jan 7, 2005, 04:13 PM

Originally posted by Kilik101:
I also had the same issue. simply un_apply graphite and set it to blue in the preference appearance panel. Everything works well from there... weird nonetheless.
The blue and graphite resources are completley different in themepark, you have to do it twice essentialy, he probably decided at some point he couldn't be bothered, which is extremeley understandable, or forgot something.

FB Eye
Senior User
Jan 7, 2005, 04:52 PM

Well there's not point doing the graphite resources if the theme doesn't offer any single difference between the two appearances...

Kilik101
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 7, 2005, 05:00 PM

good points. i just think he should include a readme or add it to his faq for newbs like us aren't bugging him with mails and what not

servo
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 7, 2005, 05:33 PM

Originally posted by FB Eye:
Well there's not point doing the graphite resources if the theme doesn't offer any single difference between the two appearances...
Except some people might want the graphite resources in their apps that do not have skins.

themarvelous3
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 7, 2005, 06:21 PM

Originally posted by servo:
Except some people might want the graphite resources in their apps that do not have skins.
::raises hand::

iamnotmad
Senior User
Jan 7, 2005, 08:22 PM

Originally posted by themarvelous3:
::raises hand::

swiz
GUI Punk
Jan 7, 2005, 11:59 PM

Sorry about that guys. I am planningto add a color variant to the graphite selection after I get suggestions. I should have noted that but you guys figured it out pretty quick .

24" AlumiMac 2.4ghz C2D, 4g Ram, 300g HD, 750g USBHD • 80g iPod • 160g ATV • iPhone 3g

servo
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 8, 2005, 11:54 AM

Originally posted by swiz:
Sorry about that guys. I am planningto add a color variant to the graphite selection after I get suggestions. I should have noted that but you guys figured it out pretty quick .

All gray! All gray! Or green, that'd be cool too. I always liked the matrix icons with the previous Powermetal, something that would work with those icons. :-)

mrgaskell
Senior User
Jan 12, 2005, 03:33 AM

Swiz! I live the PM2k5 theme. I have one problem. In some of my apps, most notably Firefox, I cannot see the text in buttons because the text is white. Is there anyway to change that to a light grey or something? Thanks!

keep up the great work!
BlackBook 2Ghz C2D, 2GB, 120GB HD | Black 80GB iPod 5.5 | 8GB Red iPod Nano |
Check out my personal and classroom sites!

love_leeloo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 12, 2005, 08:32 AM

i have te same pb wite the white text

mrtew
Professional Poster
Jan 16, 2005, 10:39 AM

Originally posted by FB Eye:
The reason I always use graphite is that active text boxes have a light grey glow to them instead of that awful blue glow. Themes really must have full graphite capability for this reason alone.

I love the U.S., but we need some time apart.

Forum Links
Forum Rules