Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > is there software i can download to keep audiobooks, classical out of shufflemode?

is there software i can download to keep audiobooks, classical out of shufflemode?
onlykaria
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 20, 2006, 12:59 AM

i wanted help, as i need software, or automator actions to use on itunes so that when i am using shuffle songs mode on the ipod i can keep audiobooks and classical music from showing up in shuffle songs mode.

it is supposed to automatically not show audiobooks, but they still show depending out where you got them from... like if you have a cd and imported it to itunes. they will still show on shuffle mode
Computers:
Macbook Pro: 17in, 2.16Ghz, 120GB HD, 1.5 GB ram.
iBook G4: 1.07Ghz, 60GB HD, 756mb ram (on sale for parts)

mduser63
Jun 20, 2006, 01:21 AM

I had this same problem today. First, make sure you encode audiobooks in AAC format, not MP3. Then use this script to change them into audiobooks. In my case, I had to remove them from the library then reimport them after running that script in order for iTunes to "realize" that they were audiobooks.

To keep songs out of shuffle, do Get Info (command-I) on them, then go to Options and check "Skip when shuffling".

Hope this helps!
12" 1.33 GHz SD Powerbook - 768 MB RAM

onlykaria  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 20, 2006, 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by mduser63
I had this same problem today. First, make sure you encode audiobooks in AAC format, not MP3. Then use this script to change them into audiobooks. In my case, I had to remove them from the library then reimport them after running that script in order for iTunes to "realize" that they were audiobooks.

To keep songs out of shuffle, do Get Info (command-I) on them, then go to Options and check "Skip when shuffling".

Hope this helps!
THANK YOU!!!

there was no need to download the script as when i went to the "skip when shuffling" option, there was an option right above it, to allow for bookmarking. it even works with my mp3s so i am happy. thank you again!!
Computers:
Macbook Pro: 17in, 2.16Ghz, 120GB HD, 1.5 GB ram.
iBook G4: 1.07Ghz, 60GB HD, 756mb ram (on sale for parts)

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 21, 2006, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by mduser63
Anyone know if there's a way to do this to multiple songs at once? It seems that this option is not offered when I have a multiple selection.

radiohed101
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 10, 2006, 10:36 AM

This page has a pretty good alternative to the "skip when shuffling" option in iTunes:

http://stuff.beforeseven.com/2006/07...-on-your-ipod/

Forum Links
Forum Rules