Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: Powermac G5 Dual 1.8 - Mint with *lots* of upgrades! (UK)

FS: Powermac G5 Dual 1.8 - Mint with *lots* of upgrades! (UK)
The Placid Casual
Professional Poster
Jan 24, 2006, 07:49 AM

I bought this machine in April 2004 from my local Applecentre, and it has given me 18 months of *amazing* computing! Never missed a beat, never repaired, never needed a clean install... it has just worked! I am so sad to be even thinking of parting with it!

It is fully boxed, with all manuals, install CDs, Mouse, Keyboard and receipt.

My work environment has changed recently, and my time is very constrained, so I hardly ever use the machine any more... I have ordered a MBP so I can use a computer while I am out and about, so I thought I'd offer the Powermac for sale. I hate to see it sitting unused in my office, a sale would help to fund the MBP purchase!

The specs are as follows:

Dual 1.8 G5,
1 Gig RAM (8 RAM slots, so you could put in 8 gig should you wish!)
3 PCI-X slots
160 Gig HDD
Superdrive
Airport

Here's the trick bit... I have a 9800XT 256mb Graphics card in it...

The card is a genuine Apple one, and was bought from someone who swapped it out of one of the later machines as it was 'too much' for them! It flies with games and graphics apps, and dramatically improves the graphics speed of the machine over the 5200fx that came as stock. (I will include the 5200fx in the sale too!).

The 9800XT card was never sold separately, only as a CTO in machines, and is a lot quicker than the 9800 Pros etc, so is rare, and a real steal.

The Powermac shipped with 10.3, but I am including the 10.4 upgrade CDs I have (genuine, not copies).

I am after £1000 ono which I thought was fair bearing in mind the spec of the machine, the extra graphics card and the mint condition... but may be open to a little negotiation!

Feel free to email me any questions, I'm always happy to answer them!

TPC

The Placid Casual  (op)
Professional Poster
Jan 28, 2006, 07:45 AM

leehotti
Baninated
Jan 28, 2006, 11:57 AM

No pictures on your auction?!?! Dude, you're going to lose money like crazy. Put pics up or suffer from a low ebay price.

Forum Links
Forum Rules